Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lee24 -
VAnimrod just added to a generous offer at the above link. You may not need to *win* all that stuff, but you could do it for a charity of your choice. Think about that! You would be someone's hero.
smile

Have an A1 Day!
GB1

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I own several .375s, all nicer than anything he has.

Secondly, I don't believe or trust some of the people here, given how many times I have caught them telling fairy tales, like VAnimrod and his yarn about talking to someone at Winchester that he can't name.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Add T_LEE to the list of those without experience on the SIG 220.
Yawn.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Lee24
I own several .375s, all nicer than anything he has.

Secondly, I don't believe or trust some of the people here, given how many times I have caught them telling fairy tales, like VAnimrod and his yarn about talking to someone at Winchester that he can't name.

I have not nor will I call you any names or make specific charges but I will set forth something for consideration.

There is no possible way anyone capable of reasonable thought will set forth something and, when called out about it, put the onus of proof on the skeptics. To put a finer point on it you set forth you had in your posession a certain item. That item, surely by your own admission, would fall well inside the role of an oddity. There is no way anyone of even reasonable intellect could think this wouldn't attract attention. Now that it has, you shift the burden of proving you DON'T have it on others?

Nobody but you has to prove anything in their skepticism. You have this item or you don't and you can prove this or you can't. There is no requirement for anyone to prove who they talked to at Winchester or even if anyone has bothered to contact Winchester at all. If, after you for instance provide a serial #, somebody continues to call you a liar after talking to "someone at Winchester" it would be fair for you to inquire who that might be.

Upshot, and there's really no way around this, you started this. While it might be argued how decorous it is to call you a fraud and a liar that door was left open by you and no other when you claimed to have something that you are unable or unwilling to prove actually exists.

Last edited by guyandarifle; 07/02/09.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
IC B2

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Wrong, mister.
These BS artists claim to have talked to persons at Winchester who said the rifles bought by two of us don't exist. But they can't name their sources. You need to butt out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wrong, mister.
These BS artists claim to have talked to persons at Winchester who said the rifles bought by two of us don't exist. But they can't name their sources. You need to butt out.

Wonderfully articulate response.

Just to be clear are you positing that when someone (and this is anyone at any time, not just you and in this instance) sets forth that they have or know something but are unwilling or unable to corroborate their claims it is actually up to those that question them to disprove their claims? If I claimed to be psychic are you suggesting that my right to force the onus of disproving my claim on others supersedes any expectations by others that I demonstrate any psychic ability?

Back to the question at hand. You seem to have some issues that someone won't source their information at Winchester concerning this rifle. Why? Demonstrate you have the rifle by photo and serial # and the rest doesn't matter. Who has/hasn't talked to anyone that may/may not exist at Winchester is utterly irrelevant to whether you do in fact have the piece in question or not. Making a claim you have something but then accusing others of BS'ing by not sourcing their skepticism makes no sense.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
If someone wants me to accommodate their request, they should ask me BEFORE they call me names like some 5 year old.

I don't have any "issues" about various people making false claims about nameless people at Winchester disputing my rifles. They made it up, so they can't back it up. Two years later, they still can't come up with a name, but maybe they will think of something.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I will add myself to the list of those without experience on the SIG 220.
Yawn.
Wow!

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Add Tom264 to the list of those fabricating stuff about other posters. So childish. Then he expects others to take him seriously in other threads. Not!

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Allright Leester.....show me where I "fabricated" stuff about other posters.......seriously!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jorge.......My Daddy flew with the "Flying Tigers" and took some lessons from a guy called Dolittle.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Tom264, you posted a fabricated "quotation" attributed to me just a couple of posts above.

Fabricated means fake, made up, phony. Understand?

General Doolittle didn't give flying lessons; he gave orders.
Too many of you youngsters don't have any respect for men like Chennault, Doolittle, and LeMay, much less for the pilots and crews who served under them.

Happy Fourth of July!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Tom264, you posted a fabricated "quotation" attributed to me just a couple of posts above.

Fabricated means fake, made up, phony. Understand?
Nope! wrong dummy..............its called altered.

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
"altered" = fraudulent = fabricated = your lie

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
"altered" = fraudulent = fabricated = your lie

Finally, you're talking about something you know.

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You sound like a 7 year old girl on the playground.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You sound like a 7 year old girl on the playground.

Okay, now you're talking about pedophilia, and again, likely something of which you know a tremendous amount and have much experience with. Wouldn't surprise me..............

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For the sake of people's word knowledge I would like to point out that alter and fabricate are not synonyms. The former means to change or make different while the latter refers to some kind of construct or assemlage.

I know, I had a couple English teachers that really scarred me.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
For the sake of people's word knowledge I would like to point out that alter and fabricate are not synonyms. The former means to change or make different while the latter refers to some kind of construct or assemlage.

I know, I had a couple English teachers that really scarred me.

How dare you disagree with Liar24? He invented English.............. wink

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 31 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.