Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
According to the new SA Minister of Land Reform "To redress [the] imbalances of the past," Mr. Nkwinti continued, "the government must have enabling laws that can allow the pace and the price of land acquisition to be in the hands of the state, rather than in the hands of the seller."

Will SA go the way of Zim, or out of sheer incompetence just continue to muddle along?

The Zimbabwe-ification of South Africa?

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Absolutely. RSA has been on an inexorable path to self-destruction pretty much like Zimbabwe (and us here sadly). It'll just take longer as it is a bigger and richer country, but sooner or later they'll dickit up just like Zim. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Voting for the later, rather than the sooner...

If the gig gets signed, I'm gonna get paid to fly to SA and work for a few months. grin

Lessee.... Nyala, need one of them. Bushbuck, one of them too. Gemsbok, sure, why not?

Sigh.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Puddle, sooner more likely than later.

Stay tuned for the first mugging, rape, robbery to occur with the start of the World Cup and many countries will immediately issue travel warnings and that will certainly be the beginning of the end for SA, my $0.02.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cities of SA are already very dangerous places to be for the unarmed or uninitiated. Hence the 24hr guards and concertina wire around the tall fences of some of the Bed and Breakfast hunters support places. Once one gets out into the countryside it is a lot different, maybe because WE are the ones with the biggest guns out there?

Many white owned farms are already stolen properties and it is very sad to see this. Let us hope and pray that the powers that be in SA only make a lot of noise to satisfy the voter block but do not actually put in place the policies being bandied about. Either from observations of what has happened to Zim or ineptitude and laziness. Either one works for me.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right now we are in the middle of the Zimbabwefication of the USA. We are a becoming a country where the successful are being forced to take care of the unsuccessful. If you choose to drop out of high school, comit a crime, have a child as a teenager THEN you made a poor life choice. Your optins for economic advancement will be very limited and so your standard of living will be lower. So be it. Tough sh*t.
Don't make me pay for your mistake.

But that is not what the SOB in the white house wants. He and his followers want to take my hard earned $$$ and raise the standard of living of the humans that chose not to sacrifice. Take the easy way out and the government will take care of you.
Makes me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mississippi
That is a beautiful curl on your ram!
Canada has been going down that road for years, where poor choices are considered bad luck. To hear some speak, hard work and sacrifice resulting in a higher standard of living, better health and money for extras is just unfair advantage.

Actions have consequences. My Dad used to tell me " If it happens to you, it is your fault." Pretty good way of looking at things, to assume you are responsible for your self and your own.

I do not mind helping people out where I can, but paying government to mispend my taxation is sure not ever helping anyone but government and beurocracy.

One of the part time medics I work with was giving me a hard time because I work extra shifts when offerred. He works only 24 hrs a week by choice since the only time I am offerred OT shifts is when all part time workers have been given the chance to work them. Oh boo hoo.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Right now we are in the middle of the Zimbabwefication of the USA. We are a becoming a country where the successful are being forced to take care of the unsuccessful.
Makes me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 makes me angry also.

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
To all the guys with more knowledge on the area than I: what are the prospects for Namibia? Is that Government keen on "redressing" the alleged wrongs of the past through land transfers and other subsidies?

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Eric308
To all the guys with more knowledge on the area than I: what are the prospects for Namibia? Is that Government keen on "redressing" the alleged wrongs of the past through land transfers and other subsidies?

Just what I have read,seen,and talked about with some people there...

Namibia also has its issues.But it's sparse population helps mitigate some of the problems.

It is also the reason no one can buy farm land(ie agricultural/hunting) who does not have a Namibia national as a 51% controlling power.Some German nationals who bought land there have been forced to sell, and the land given over for claims.One was a very successful farm,that in 2 years was unproductive,as the local knowledge of how to run the equiptment and horticultural practices was nil.

When Zimbabwe was formed did you know their dollar was stronger than US at the time.It also was poised to feed the continent....

How times changed...but it's Africa,and the cycle will continue.....

Dinsdale

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The education and experience of the leaders in RSA are not at the level of many other first world countries. However the new President has appointed 7 white men to office. He has shown some restraint towards land owners rights, and has in general done some things to remove much/some of the panic. Some of what he has done has made me rethink how paranoid I have been about things there. Some have made me wonder "what does he have up his sleeve?)

I think this report is much like a Joe Biden moment. You know Joe is a verbal loose cannon and says so many things that are simply wrong or even hurtful and have no bearing on what the plans really are.

Much Like Obama who has no experience to have the position he is in, the RSA leadrership is similiar. Taking income(or land) from those who work (by force), and giving that income to the unproductive masses, has never made those unproductive masses become more functional or self reliant. However it has ruined the productivity and incentive of those who are paying their way.

When Mugabe took all the white farms away, he ruined the incentive to have any foreign country invest money into his country. I do believe that RSA is more clever then that and has a longer history of success with this. I think having lived there and seen the transition in 94 and having gone though this may offer me some different opinions then what is simply printed in the news, and certainly more then what is shown on the TV/cable news here.

Time will tell, but there is a difference. Mugabe wanted total control as a "king" and could not care less about the poor people of his country. He just wants to have power. RSA has a functional ( somewhat) parliament and not one single madman making all the decisions.

I beleive (maybe wrongly) that Zuma is going to protect the rights of the white landowners to remain productive and strong in the eyes of the rest of the world. There is no doubt they will take farms around Ellisras for the needs of the new power station and the growth of that area. This is going to be the fastest growing area in the whole of Southern Africa, RSA or otherwise. This new Power station expansion is changing the face of the entire region. If as they say there will be a major airport coming to this location, it will be a nightmare for the hunting industry there. There is already an expected 80,000 new people moving to live there with the new temporary employment and the following permanent employment.

So there will be plenty of "take over" with this project. It's no different then if it were in the USA and they build a huge power plant in Wyoming. Those powerlines and roads, and worker housing camps etc would be on private land and the government would be taking the land of Americans as well.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speaking of the World Cup - here is a related article that further confirms this thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...a-World-Cup-2010--shootings-started.html

Last edited by crshelton; 07/20/09.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Jeez - If I do go and work in SA perhaps I should hire someone to arrange all the paperwork so I can go concealed carry on my daily rounds!

and I thought the wildlife was dangerous.....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JJHACK

When Mugabe took all the white farms away, he ruined the incentive to have any foreign country invest money into his country.

What Obama did with GM and Chrysler had a similar effect here. My friend who runs a large hedge fund said many of his foreign investors pulled their money out and moved it to places like Brazil. They used to feel safe investing in the USA because contract law was respected. Not anymore, if the big man wants to bump you to the back of the line and put the government and the unions ahead of you, he'll do it.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The crisis for South African agriculture has already begun. I visited an amazing citrus farm called Zebediela when I lived in South Africa in 1993. I asked about it last year when I was there for my hunt and was told that it was in ruins. I found this interesting pdf on it:

http://www.africancrisis.org/images/LandScandal09.pdf

Bb

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds like the last stand of sanity in Afrika is Namibia.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
They must be having private talkis with our new King, the exhaulted Barack Hussien OBama, ruler of all that was sacred, and now is under Government control...Pretty scary s--t IMO....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Steve

Not when they have street named after "Che" Guevara and Fidel Castro! frown jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One would surmise that this site and others similar in content are closely watched by the Big Eyes. We of course have many across the pond who have had much experience in dealing (not so successfully) with our current situation and they are pretty scared about OUR situation due to how it has already turned their own countries into scorched earth.

Fact is that we should be scared based on the first 180 days in office. At least us Texans have the right to secede!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Steve

He said sanity...in Africa...ha ha

The black/white tension there is a smoke screen.The real underlaying issues are the tribal problems that are part of the culture.

The violence and ethnic problems exisisted before colonialism.Colonialism and exploitation just further inflamed an already troubled region.

Hell,we still have people in the US fighting the civil war over again in their minds.LOL

Dinsdale

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (219 Wasp, 257man, 219DW, 10ring1, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,559
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.