Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
"Without action, he predicted, America will lose its independent media."

"independent media" bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

The only problem the "American Media" has it's intellectually bankrupt when it comes to honesty. Government of the Obama party isn't going to fix a problem like that because they have the same disease. Kind of like an Aids victim helping out a sexual predator.

NRA Lifetime Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nothing wrong with the news.....its just changing forms due to the 'net.......us lil guys aint having problems adapting and still making money but the big guys seem to be [bleep] grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course we all know that the real danger in the government bailing out the media industry is the possible creation of a state run propaganda agency... oh wait.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fug rather and his messiah

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Journalism 207 was a required course for my degree. I took it four times and finally made a "D". I just absolutely would not keep my mouth shut. I think the Prof finally just gave me a "D" so I would not take it again.

At that time one of the big catch phrases was "The people's right to know". I kept wanting to know where in the Constitution that the people have a right to know everything that happens.

I did learn a lot about Journalism though. I learned that most journalists come out swinging the 1st Amendment on a string, that they hold it up like a cross in front of a vampire when they are called out, and that they could give a Ratzazz about the rest if it means getting a story. Although they work for a team, it is an individual sport.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Of course we all know that the real danger in the government bailing out the media industry is the possible creation of a state run propaganda agency... oh wait.

Hell we are already there this is just the payoff and they are just trying to make the thing look legal. Like the ACORN bailout money.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
Journalism 207 was a required course for my degree. I took it four times and finally made a "D". I just absolutely would not keep my mouth shut. I think the Prof finally just gave me a "D" so I would not take it again.

At that time one of the big catch phrases was "The people's right to know". I kept wanting to know where in the Constitution that the people have a right to know everything that happens.

I did learn a lot about Journalism though. I learned that most journalists come out swinging the 1st Amendment on a string, that they hold it up like a cross in front of a vampire when they are called out, and that they could give a Ratzazz about the rest if it means getting a story. Although they work for a team, it is an individual sport.

Alan

in 7 years at the papers here ive never come across a 1st Amendment issue.......run up against stuff in Montana's Freedom of Information Act all the time......but have yet to hit a 1st Amendment issue.....in real world journalism the first amendment rarely comes up.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 12344mag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 59 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,603
Posts18,511,511
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.