-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, the first outfitter in that I hunted with in SK had a kid that was a die-hard deer hunter and wanted to get into bow hunting. We stayed in touch because he didn't know much about archery. Anyway, he had numerous daylight pictures of a MEGA buck visiting his pea pile but he couldn't lay eyes on him when he sat the stand. After some back-and-forth, I finally figured out he was riding his four wheeler dang near to his stand. I told him to have his dad drop him off (on the 4-wheeler) and then leave - this buck obviously had him pegged. Two hours later that evening he arrowed the 166" bruiser. wink

You can take the advice for what it's worth, and, if it's working for you, stay with it. I'd at least be open to trying a new approach.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
srwshooter

First, great buck and one to be proud of.

The question I have is can you hunt the 500 adjacent acres? Because if I could there is no way I could sit on the same 18 acres constantly, I don't much care how big a buck I may take.

Again not trying to be a WA, but I just couldn't do it and remain sane. Stuff is happening on that 500 and if I could go there, I would just have to try and see what it was.

A few of us have a thousand acre lease and there are times I have to go to a 5-6 thousand acre Game Lands or public lands that border it because I start to fell confined.

You have my admiration for being able to do what you do.
For me ADD is sometimes an advantage.

Last edited by battue; 08/03/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
srwshooter

First, great buck and one to be proud of.

The question I have is can you hunt the 500 adjacent acres? Because if I could there is no way I could sit on the same 18 acres constantly, I don't much care how big a buck I may take.

Again not trying to be a WA, but I just couldn't do it and remain sane. Stuff is happening on that 500 and if I could go there, I would just have to try and see what it was.

A few of us have a thousand acre lease and there are times I have to go to a 5-6 thousand acre Game Lands or public lands that border it because I start to fell confined.

You have my admiration for being able to do what you do.
For me ADD is sometimes an advantage.

yes ,i can hunt on one of the big tracts that joins my 18 acres, but i always seem to kill the big bucks from that one stand. the 18 acres is 60-70% thickets ,the big tracts are wide open timber mostly. the deer run into the thickets and calm down. then they get up to feed or run doe's and end up in front of me.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You Buck should be in a "Power Belt" commercial.

Doc

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just think what you would see if you actually got off your ATV and walked in. You might be killing the biggest bucks for your group, but you aren't killing the biggest bucks, that is for sure. You are getting VERY lucky to say the least. Deer do get very used to ATV's and hunting pressure. If you don't get a lot of hunting pressure where you are killing all these big bucks, or the deer are used to ATV's, then that is the reason you are killing them, not because you "aren't worrying about it." Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you have to wipe the milk off his lips and throw rocks at the doe??? LOL...great buck, pretty mount! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try to always park a 1/4 - 1/2 mile or so out from my stands if driving an ATV. I walk in the rest of the way or have someone drop me off and leave out on the noisy sucker. In one spot, I could easily drive a truck or ATV right to my stand, but I park 1 mile out and walk in. I see the most bucks on that stand.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice buck, mid 130's?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
my buddy scored it green a 153b&c and he's usually real close.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,804
Posts18,477,500
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.