Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I read the book "Public Enemies," but didn't see the movie (I'm not much of a movie-goer). The book was entertaining, though it tended to drag here and there. What I found most surprising is that the "Gangster Era" apparently encompassed only a couple of years in the 1930's....before reading the book, I simply assumed that it lasted a decade or more during that period. Aside from "Public Enemies," there are also a coupla new bios on Bonnie and Clyde. I read one of them, "Go Down Together," and found it interesting to learn what low-end piss ants B&C were in real life.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
TUCO - " Aside from "Public Enemies," there are also a coupla new bios on Bonnie and Clyde. I read one of them, "Go Down Together," and found it interesting to learn what low-end piss ants B&C were in real life.

Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were common white trash low life cowards.

If you'd like to read about the actual tracking of and killing of Bonnie & Clyde, you should pick up a very interesting book about one of the great Texas Rangers, "I'm Frank Hamer, The Life Of A Texas Peace Officer," by John H. Jenkins and H. Gordon Frost, The Pemberton Press, Austin and New York, (c) 1980.

Hamer was the man who pulled the trigger on those two despicable cowards.

Great read also for more interesting stories of life among the "hard cases" of Texas.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bricktop: The FDIC began insuring bank deposits in 1933 and bank robbery has been a Federal offense since then!
Wrong. (No surprise.) Bank robbery did NOT become a federal crime until the passage of the Bank Robbery & Incidental Crimes Statute in 1934. Look it up.

IF you think a bank robber only gets sentenced to 1 year in the callaboose for robbing a bank then you are vastly misinformed!
No, I'm not misinformed at all. That's your department. Federal sentencing guidelines take into account whether a weapon was used, whether injury was caused, etc. Note passers typically only serve ONE year.

Here, see if you can read and understand this:

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/113796

"The actual sentence, however, will be determined at the discretion of the court after consideration of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, which take into account a number of variables and any applicable statutory sentencing factors."

And where Mike Royko's son received 30 months for attempting to rob a bank with a fake bomb:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ed-bank-robbery-sentencing-65075292.html

Contact any U.S. Attorney's office or any FBI bank robbery squad if you doubt me. I've stated my sources of information and have invited you to refute them. You have failed to do so.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see you refute this, VarmintGuy:

"1349 Bank Robbery�General Overview

Subsection (b) outlines the penalties for anyone who takes and carries away, with the intent to steal or purloin, any property or money or any thing of value in the care, custody, control, management, or possession of any bank, credit union, or savings and loan. The maximum penalty for violation of this subsection is a fine and ten years imprisonment if the value of the property exceeds $100. The maximum penalty is a fine and one year imprisonment if the property's value is $100 or less."

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01349.htm

That's direct from the U.S. Justice Department. Let me know if you have trouble understanding that.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Bricktop: How about the five additional years for being armed and committing a crime in federal institution?
How about threats to kill at a Federal Insured Bank?
How about your cited "ten years" being more than 99% of all first class felonious felons state prosecuted felons actually do get senteneced to.
I will repeat, because you are not very smart, you don't want to be found guilty of and sentenced FOR BANK ROBBERY!
The sentences for this are, IN REAL LIFE, way more severe than comparable crimes! NO plea bargains allowed when it comes to bank robbery - they prosecute YOU to the full extent of the federal laws!
I know, I been there - I seen it!
In other words I have been to hundreds of sentencings and sentencing hearings and if you think one of your brother turds who robs a mom and pop grocery with his gat and threatens to shoot gets the same sentence that one of your brother turds gets who does the same thing at a Federal Institution then you are just [bleep]!
Take it from me, there "Bricktop" (does this refer to your head being like a brick - by the way?), the bank robber always has and always will get a MUCH stiffer sentence than the common state prosecuted perp for virtually the same crime!
I am not saying thats a good thing mind you - I AM SAYING that is the way it is!
PERIOD!
While you have your law book open check into what happened to federal parole as compared to state!
He-he!
You've been trounced there Brickbrain!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop: How about the five additional years for being armed and committing a crime in federal institution?
How about threats to kill at a Federal Insured Bank?
How about your cited "ten years" being more than 99% of all first class felonious felons state prosecuted felons actually do get senteneced to.
I will repeat, because you are not very smart, you don't want to be found guilty of and sentenced FOR BANK ROBBERY!
The sentences for this are, IN REAL LIFE, way more severe than comparable crimes! NO plea bargains allowed when it comes to bank robbery - they prosecute YOU to the full extent of the federal laws!
I know, I been there - I seen it!
In other words I have been to hundreds of sentencings and sentencing hearings and if you think one of your brother turds who robs a mom and pop grocery with his gat and threatens to shoot gets the same sentence that one of your brother turds gets who does the same thing at a Federal Institution then you are just [bleep]!
Take it from me, there "Bricktop" (does this refer to your head being like a brick - by the way?), the bank robber always has and always will get a MUCH stiffer sentence than the common state prosecuted perp for virtually the same crime!
I am not saying thats a good thing mind you - I AM SAYING that is the way it is!
PERIOD!
While you have your law book open check into what happened to federal parole as compared to state!
He-he!
You've been trounced there Brickbrain!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Reading and comprehension are obviously a very weak skill set to you.

I have provided a link directly from the U.S. Department of Justice outlining the penalties for bank robbery. They are categorized by the amounts of money taken, use of weapons, and if someone was assaulted or killed in the commission of the crime.

I have also provided you with a couple of REAL life cases. Those are my sources that you are most welcome to question.

In response, you have only provided ignorant and immature invective that has exposed you for the blithering idiot you really are. You can either read and and understand the information provided or you can't and won't. Perhaps ignorance is truly bliss for your ilk.

Here, see if you can read any of these links. Maybe have someone read them to you. And draw some pictures if necessary.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/pr_2003_007.shtml
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11712240&nav=menu554_1_1
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705335420/Bank-robber-gets-break-on-sentence.html
http://www4.vindy.com/content/local_regional/314868525819045.php

And four years handed out to an armed bank robber:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/post_45.html

The only trouncing thus far has been whatever you've inflicted on your own silly ass.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Brickbrain: I see your "real life" trouncing did not sit well witt-cha!
Need some'mo duz ya?
He-he!
You poor ignorant fool!
In YOUR first link YOU make MY case FOR me!
I will quote from it now: "We also want to send a message to anyone thinking about robbing a bank to make quick money: The odds are against you. In New York City, we capture seven out of every 10 bank robbers," Commissioner Kelly said. "The average sentence for someone convicted in an unarmed bank robbery is five years in prison; in armed robbery, which is prosecuted federally, the average sentence in 12 years."
End of your provided link/quote.
What part of that DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???
BRICKBRAIN if you think the average mom and pop "armed robber" gets an "average sentence" of 12 years in PRISON (as YOUR cited example clearly defines!!!) then you have permanently set up residence in LA-LA land!
That contention of yours is stupid and contrary to reality!
You see there, BRICKBRAIN, "I" have been to ACTUAL real life trials and sentencings!!!
LOTS of them.
I stand with your cited link (the FIRST and only one I needed to see by the way!) and 12 years for an armed robbery of a Federal Institution or bank is common - I have never seen a 12 year sentence for a single armed robbery of a mom and pop or a jewelery store of a gas station.
If you are to stupid to understand that then thats simply more bad news for you!
Thanks for providing me with the link to "trounce" you, and your bricklikebrain, with AGAIN!
He-he!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CharminGuy
Brickbrain: I see your "real life" trouncing did not sit well witt-cha!
Need some'mo duz ya?
He-he!
You poor ignorant fool!
In YOUR first link YOU make MY case FOR me!
I will quote from it now: "We also want to send a message to anyone thinking about robbing a bank to make quick money: The odds are against you. In New York City, we capture seven out of every 10 bank robbers," Commissioner Kelly said. "The average sentence for someone convicted in an unarmed bank robbery is five years in prison; in armed robbery, which is prosecuted federally, the average sentence in 12 years."
End of your provided link/quote.
What part of that DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???
BRICKBRAIN if you think the average mom and pop "armed robber" gets an "average sentence" of 12 years in PRISON (as YOUR cited example clearly defines!!!) then you have permanently set up residence in LA-LA land!
That contention of yours is stupid and contrary to reality!
You see there, BRICKBRAIN, "I" have been to ACTUAL real life trials and sentencings!!!
LOTS of them.
I stand with your cited link (the FIRST and only one I needed to see by the way!) and 12 years for an armed robbery of a Federal Institution or bank is common - I have never seen a 12 year sentence for a single armed robbery of a mom and pop or a jewelery store of a gas station.
If you are to stupid to understand that then thats simply more bad news for you!
Thanks for providing me with the link to "trounce" you, and your bricklikebrain, with AGAIN!
He-he!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You are without a doubt, the dumbest God-damned person with whom I've dealt this entire month.

Exactly what is your background in law enforcement? Other than someone who is particularly fond of excessively using exclamation points, all I can tell is you were some kind of pinhead, local-yokel, Barney Fife, piece-of-dogshit who tends to believe he is truly a legend in his own mind. I would be damned surprised if you were with a federal agency. Outside of poultry inspection, that is.

Post up who you are if you're some kind of kick ass mofo fed so we can check it out. If you've done even ten percent of what you claimed on all of these cases, there'll be beaucoup public records out there for me and everyone else to read.

I've posted federal sentencing guidelines from the U.S. Department of Justice. You wanted to argue with that when you were and are obviously WRONG.

I've posted several newspaper accounts of recent bank robbery sentences. One received 24 months in which a pursuing cop broke his leg. That doesn't seem particularly excessive. Another received 30 months for bank robbery and check theft. You've argued that as well and you are OBVIOUSLY WRONG. Has Montana become some sort of hotbed of bank robbery activity all of a sudden?

I don't exactly see any of the other police-type people rushing to your defense on here or trying to refute anything I've posted. Which brings me to my most important question: Just how thick-headed ARE you? Only someone as profoundly STUPID as you would actually believe he was in the right on this discussion.

Oh, and lay off the exclamation points, dummy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just watched this film this evening.I thought it was very entertaining-it reminded me somewhat of a 1930's era "Heat",which makes sense considering it's a Michael Mann flick.

Lots of interesting guns on display.Purvis wielding a spoon handle Mauser sporter with DST was pure gold.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven't watched it yet, but probably will. It's got to get to a five-day-rental before I'll fool with it.

IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
was ok ,,i liked it

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.