Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have seen a few Mark X Mauser action rifles with mannlicher style stocks for sale on this and other websites, but they seem to be priced quite a bit higher than the same rifle with a regular sporter stock.

Was that the case in their original pricing? Is there another reason for the pricing discrepancy?

I have been watching for a good deal on a sporter with a full length stock. Don't care for the Rugers, feel too muzzle light for me. Want at least a 20" barrel.

thanks

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Manalichers have a following, and these guns are no longer produced which gives them some collector value, or perhaps a better word would be hunter value to some...The Manlichers will continue to go up in price each year simply from supply and demand..those little Mark X manlichers in 7x57 will always bring a premium..

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I sold an as new mkX mannlicher a few months ago for $650 face to face. That was what I had in it. aside from the stock they have double set triggers, european express sites, and a knife handle bolt handle. They seem better finished than the standard mkx. on the down side, because of the bolt handle you have to use medium or high rings, the bolt handle will cut your hand, and I hated the checkering on mine. This is 1 gun that is better to buy face to face than over the net.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They came in different grades, too.
The Viscount with set triggers would demand more than a vanilla Mark X Mannlicher.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Mark X .30-06 for sale. The price of these is, I believe, due to the scarcity and the rarity of seeing them on the market - as well as the way they carry and shoot.

Mauser � Mark X � Mannlicher stock - .30-06 �Canjar single set trigger � very good condition � lovely hunter�s rifle - Nikon 3-9 Scope, iron sights, hand rubbed oil finished stock, $875.00 plus $40.00 S&H to FFL.

It does NOT have the flat bolt handle, it has been well bedded, and shoots so well that I have NOT been trying real hard to get it sold.

Pics available to your e-mail if interested.

Terry

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The Mark X actioned mannlicher rifles were built on the standard mark X line and also on the Whitworth line. The Whitworth rifles are the really nice ones and seem to be rather difficult to find.
dan.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Lee24
They came in different grades, too.
The Viscount with set triggers would demand more than a vanilla Mark X Mannlicher.

In an attempt to clear up what I view as a bit of confusion... IIRC, the Viscount model was Interarms cheapest model and did NOT incorporate a full length stock.

There was the Mark X Continental Mannlicher which had double set triggers and the BRNO (butterknife handle) bolt handle.

And the standard Mannlicher with the standard Mark X bolt handle and regular Mark X trigger.

I have some old Interarms catalogs around here somewhere I suppose I could look up if I had to...

Grasshopper

Disclaimer: This is NOT an attempt to start a pi$$ing contest, just an attempt to clear up some confusion. smile

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Grasshopper, I wish you wouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about. smile

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Which is to say, I wish I knew what you have forgotten about them.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ok, In my idleness, I went and looked up some old catalogs:

1993, 1994, 1995; Show No Mark X's at all... Thus I would guess that was when that area of Europe was in the midst of wars. Likely not exporting any sporting rifles at all...

The newest catalog that shows any Mark X rifles was my 1989 and it shows only the Lwt (With Butler Creek stock) the Viscount, and the "American Field" models, NO Mannlichers !

My 1987 is the only catalog I have that shows Mannlicher stocked rifles. These are only "Whitworth" rifles. (Catalogued in five calibers: .243, .308, .270, 7x57, and .30-06) The Mannnlicher-styled Carbine is shown with Std Mark X bolt handle, inside the bow flr-plate release, and single trigger. The buttstock is shown with a straight Classic-Styled comb! Not a Monte Carlo!

I have never seen one before, and never knew they existed. blush Thus I would deduce that the other two models mentioned previously came prior to 1987... Sorry folks, that's the best I can do... smile

Grasshopper

P.S: Here is a link to one I recently sold:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9210387

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, sure have learned a great deal. Still looking for a mannlicher style sporter in my price range, not limited to Mark X

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have photos of various models and grades of Mark X rifles. I don't have information on them as to the manufacture dates. I will try to find the digital ones and scan others and post later.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
While putting my catalogs away, I found a 1991 Interarms catalog. It shows only the Viscount model, the "American Field" model, and the Mini-MkX.

The "American Field" model is a half-stock model w/black FE tip and solid recoil pad and NO Monte Carlo comb... I also spied the 18th Edition of Gun Traders Guide . It shows the:

Viscount W/ no F/E tip or P/G cap & MC Stock

Cavilier W/ Rollover M/C Comb, and Rosewood Tip and GC.

Mannlicher Marquis W/ M/C comb, sgl trigger, and std bolt.

Mannlicher "Continental" W/ Classic styled comb, Dbl set triggers, and "Butterknife handle" Bolt.

I believe the one that I had was the "Marquis" model...

Hope this helps....

GS

PS: It also stated that importation of the "MarQuis" and "Continental" models began in 1976

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There's a Mark X Mannlicher in 30-06, untipped foreend, for sale locally for $349 with an older Bushnell scope. It's been on the rack for quite awhile.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Where? Can you give me the name of the store? Phone?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was going to ask the same thing.

Go get it Shouldershot. smile

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That one was a rebarrel.
I really would like a nice on in that cartridgw, but that ting had no class at all ! But a restock and sights would make a nice rifle out of plain Jane...tj3006

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shouldershot,
Don't overlook the neat little Ruger RSI, and the price is right..Pretty nice little manlicher they are!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shouldershot,
Don't overlook the neat little Ruger RSI, and the price is right..Pretty nice little manlicher they are!

I
I
Grasshopper:

Your posts here got me to thinking about a Mark X I have. It has 280 Remington McGowen barrel with a Bell & Carlson stock. I bought this a month or so ago from Cabela's in Michigan. I had believed that the stock was an add on until I saw your post. As I recall it also has a Canjar trigger. Do you have any other info on these Bell & Carlson Mark Xs? Did you fit the McGowen barrel to the mannlicher that you barreled?

Thanks,

Ike

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,411
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.