Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by hunter01
Just wondering what your definition of a 'foreign' truck is. Is a Toyota made in the U.S.A. a foreign truck, but a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy made in Mexico or Canada is not a 'foreign' truck. Wow. I must be missing something here. Double WOW! I just have a hard time understanding how anything made in America is considered FOREIGN. Like Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota vehicles made in America, by Americans, for Americans. Americans who are making a good living working in those 'Foreign' factorys in the good ole U. S. of A.
My last Ford had an engine made in Canada, the transmission was made in Japan, and the electrical system was made in Brazil. Final assembly was in Claycomo, Missouri. My Tundra has an engine made in the U.S.A., a transmission made in the U.S.A., and was assembled in San Antonio, Texas. That seems a little more "American" than that Ford was.

Ditto Bricktop. I agree with you 100%. Sounds like we're both on the same page, as well as many others in here. To bad some folks can't see that too. I'll continue to buy American. I'll buy my American made Toyota and not the foreign made Fords, etc.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
americans have got to turning into the dumbest people on earth.
anyone who thinks buying a toyota is going to help our economy is a total idiot. period!!!!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
anyone who thinks buying a toyota is going to help our economy is a total idiot. period!!!!!!!

Well I see you like to insult so here it goes:

Anyone that thinks that a bankrupt company 1/2 owned by auto unions and the other half owned by the US government is ever going to amount to anything is a total unequivocal [bleep] moron.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Anyone that thinks that a bankrupt company 1/2 owned by auto unions and the other half owned by the US government is ever going to amount to anything is a total unequivocal [bleep] moron.

BINGO. +about 1 Million.

You forgot to add that their schittbox management is selling low-bid foreign parts sourced from multiple third world nations and "assembled" in the US, all the while pocketing huge bonuses and posting a loss, to be rescued by your and my tax dollars. WTF?

The Ranger is a Mazda, the Duramax is an Isuzu, Geos were all rebadged Asian Imports... the list goes on. Open your eyes people.

At least Toyota USA isn't TAKING anything from the US taxpayer... wink

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MattMan

BINGO. +about 1 Million.

You forgot to add that their schittbox management is selling low-bid foreign parts sourced from multiple third world nations and "assembled" in the US, all the while pocketing huge bonuses and posting a loss, to be rescued by your and my tax dollars. WTF?

The Ranger is a Mazda, the Duramax is an Isuzu, Geos were all rebadged Asian Imports... the list goes on. Open your eyes people.

At least Toyota USA isn't TAKING anything from the US taxpayer... wink

No, they're supplying jobs and not asking for taxpayers to keep them afloat while they squander their corporation away.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Last time i checked they didn't layoff their American employees but the "American" companies did. Your statement is laughable.

?????

These employees don't count?

4,600 employees

or these

200 emplyees

I am sure your response will be- but those are much less than the big 3! I guess, I am just saying maybe you should be more accurate about the company you are boasting about before opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

Hemi

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I am sure your response will be- but those are much less than the big 3! I guess, I am just saying maybe you should be more accurate about the company you are boasting about before opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

You mean this First dumb thing Toyota did was be partners with GM Read that article careflly Hemi and you will see how assinine your statement was.

How many plants has GM and Chrysler closed even before last year? Contrast that with one plant closing in 72 years .

New Toyota plant

Little excerpt from that article:

General Motors (GM), Ford Motor (F) and DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group are trying to shrink to fit their declining share of U.S. sales. Together they plan to ax 86,000 jobs and idle 26 factories by the end of 2009.

I would rather walk then buy a GM or Chrysler product. I will buy a Ford truck because they seemed to be run by intelligent life and I prefer Ford Trucks to Toyota trucks anyway. They will get my business unless something better comes along but it won't be GM or Chrysler.

In the future Hemi research your information before you insert both feet in your mouth.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hemi,

Guess you and I have to just be glad that we all live in America, where we still enjoy freedoms that many others don't have- like freedom of speech, a 2nd Amendment which gives the right to keep and bear arms, the right to vote for whomever you wish, and drive whatever kind of vehicle you like.

But, here's an observation- ever notice how defensive the Toyota fanboys get when the subject of US vs. Asian nameplates comes up? Do you think it's because they regret their decision to buy that stuff, but have to justify owning it because they're still making payments? Or, maybe it's guilt because nonsupport of an American industry makes them feel vaguely un-American?

All I know is, in my part of the world, Dodge and Ford trucks make up the vast majority of pickups on the road. I honestly don't know if I could get up in the morning, get behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra, drive down the road on my way to work or anywhere, knowing what my Dodge, Ford, and GM truck owner friends were saying and thinking about me- because I know what I say and think about the Tundroids!

And, you know what- besides the above reasons, I like good lookin' women, guns, and trucks- and Tundras are just plain Butt Ugly....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
But, here's an observation- ever notice how defensive the Toyota fanboys get when the subject of US vs. Asian nameplates comes up? Do you think it's because they regret their decision to buy that stuff, but have to justify owning it because they're still making payments? Or, maybe it's guilt because nonsupport of an American industry makes them feel vaguely un-American?

If you believe in the right of free speech why do you attempt to insult those that do not share your point of view? or are you a total hypocrite.

I have 2 vehicles and both are paid off there goes your theory . I guess regret having vehicle(s) that go a couple of hundred thousand miles with no maintenance. Yep there are a few million Toyota owners out there that feel the same way.

I guess you prefer that we drop a few billion in the pockets of GM and Chrysler because they are making an inferior product and lost money. Guess what they are going to invest in China. FIat of Italy is looking at buying Chrysler . Now that is [bleep] funny . Who gives a ratz azz about your part of the world. All the taxpayers are faced with higher taxes because of this stupid bailout. I'll pay for that bailout the rest of my life as will my son and his sons and daughters. Think about that before you further show your stupidity. I repeat you could not give me a Dodge or GM truck for free. I will only drive a Ford or Toyota. At least they are worth the money I paid for them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wouldn't have bought a Toyota Tacoma if they were just shipped over here on a boat from Japan. The fact that they were in whole or in part made here and meant American jobs for American workers made a difference to me. The fact that some people refuse to acknowledge that they are whole or in part made here causes me to not lend alot of credibility to those people. End of argument.
As far as I know, my first partially "foreign" built truck was my 1985 F-250 diesel. It was partially made in Canada and had some metric parts on it.
My '97 Dodge had metric parts on it amd I assume parts of it were made out of the US.
My '03 Silverado diesel had a Japanese Isuzu diesel engine in it, amongst other parts that were foreign made. That was about the time I read that almost 1/2 of GMs business was out of the US.

In light of the above, I think it's safe to say that parts of my '06 F-250 are foreign made. I call it American made, but that's subject to interpretation.

How many of us staunch American patriots are driving Hyundai cars? The papers carried a story not too long ago about how the owner of Hyundai is one of the biggest charity donors to North Korea. Now there's a car I won't buy, and I'd feel like heck if I'd owned one and then found out about part of the money for it going to North Korea.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How many of us staunch American patriots are driving Hyundai cars? The papers carried a story not too long ago about how the owner of Hyundai is one of the biggest charity donors to North Korea. Now there's a car I won't buy, and I'd feel like heck if I'd owned one and then found out about part of the money for it going to North Korea.

I heard the same and neither Hyundai or Kia would be a consideration.

My '03 Silverado diesel had a Japanese Isuzu diesel engine in it, amongst other parts that were foreign made. That was about the time I read that almost 1/2 of GMs business was out of the US.

My brother had the 2003 model as well and was shocked to find out it had the Isuzu motor.

What irks me about GM is they are going to really phase out their factories here and invest heavily in China with our tax dollars. They will then ship the parts here and assemble them.

Toyota and the other companies use a lot of parts from american vendors more then they get credit for. You then have people tell you that GM is made in the USA yada yada when it is only assembled here for the large part. So again how did this bailout save GM and Chrysler? Yeah the bailout financed by dummy taxpayers will ensure the Ceo's of both get nice paychecks and bonus and the unions get HUSH money since they own part of them anyway.

Obamas plan all along has been to shrink the big 3. To move them from SUV and Trucks to pedal pushing cars. So in the future you might not get the TRuck option from Chevy or Chrysler and if you do it will be taxed so heavy and the choices so limited that no one will want one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by srwshooter

Yep, particularly the ones who can't find the shift key...

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

...What irks me about GM is they are going to really phase out their factories here and invest heavily in China with our tax dollars. They will then ship the parts here and assemble them...

This is quite a stretch, but I envision a day in the future with a Japanese car-carrier ship, bringing us the latest Chevy trucks.

There's already a "Cummins" factory in Korea, making engines for tractors (Branson)that are sold here...so why not Dodge/Cummins trucks built there, too?

I'm leaving Ford alone on purpose.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm leaving Ford alone on purpose.

Evidently they are a little smarter then either GM or Chrysler when it comes to surviving.

GM's china website

GM to build a plant in china with stimulus money

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bighorn

Haven't had a truck made by the "big 3" make it to the end of my loan yet...not a newer one anyway. All had more repairs than I thought they should. Chevy was 3 years old, then fell apart. The older ones I've had, with no loans, have been great. I'm going back in that direction.

Jury's still out on the Tundra.

The best car we've had BY FAR, is the 2001 Taurus my wife drives every day. That is paid for, has been for a long time. But in the last year I've put $3500 into it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, you are really scary. I suppose if all the thousands employed at Toyota of U.S.A. were out of work, and the hundreds of thousands of Toyota vehicles being sold didn't exist, our economy would be better. Please explain how that would HELP our economy. Erase Toyota from all U.S. soil, and this country would be MUCH worse off. People like you really scare me, period.............

Signed,
Total Idiot

Last edited by hunter01; 09/09/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter01
Wow, you are really scary. I suppose if all the thousands employed at Toyota of U.S.A. were out of work, and the hundreds of thousands of Toyota vehicles being sold didn't exist, our economy would be better. Please explain how that would HELP our economy. Erase Toyota from all U.S. soil, and this country would be MUCH worse off. People like you really scare me, period.............

Signed,
Total Idiot

at least you signed it right. if toyota and other foriegn companies were still shipping here instead of building here our people would be employed by american companies. if they had to pay a import tax to ship them here, like it should be, you wouldn't have near as many buying them. people like me should scare you,unlike some we have balls enough to stand up for whats right. most americans need a good scareing these days just to wake them up. you talk just like a obama fan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
srw- you posted earlier this year that you own a Tikka T3. Why did you buy that instead of an American rifle? Just curious...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if toyota and other foriegn companies were still shipping here instead of building here our people would be employed by american companies. if they had to pay a import tax to ship them here, like it should be, you wouldn't have near as many buying them. people like me should scare you,unlike some we have balls enough to stand up for whats right. most americans need a good scareing these days just to wake them up. you talk just like a obama fan.
Isolationism, it's what's for dinner.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

srwshooter; I think the competition provided by Toyota is responsible in part for the quality of American made vehicles. I agree with you in theory, but the Big 3 didn't really try to keep fulfilling the American Dream as far as quality, until there was pressure to do so. You can't rest on your laurels until you get so overstuffed that your chair breaks and you come tumbling down...but that's what they tried to do.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 09/10/09.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 23 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.