Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I am sure your response will be- but those are much less than the big 3! I guess, I am just saying maybe you should be more accurate about the company you are boasting about before opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

You mean this First dumb thing Toyota did was be partners with GM Read that article careflly Hemi and you will see how assinine your statement was.

How many plants has GM and Chrysler closed even before last year? Contrast that with one plant closing in 72 years .

New Toyota plant

Little excerpt from that article:

General Motors (GM), Ford Motor (F) and DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group are trying to shrink to fit their declining share of U.S. sales. Together they plan to ax 86,000 jobs and idle 26 factories by the end of 2009.

I would rather walk then buy a GM or Chrysler product. I will buy a Ford truck because they seemed to be run by intelligent life and I prefer Ford Trucks to Toyota trucks anyway. They will get my business unless something better comes along but it won't be GM or Chrysler.

In the future Hemi research your information before you insert both feet in your mouth.

You should be in politics, you spin very well. Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers. The fact is and still stands that YES Toyota has laid off workers- period. I noticed your incorrect statement in reading this thread and as I said before you should do research or know what you are talking about before boasting about something a company did or didn't do.
I have no fight in the who is a better truck or blah blah blah. I'll leave you knuckleheads to fight that out. You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hemi
You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron. What part of MADE IN U.S.A. don't you understand?

Why do you consider a Chrysler vehicle with a components from Malaysia, China, and Thailand and final assembly in Mexico to be more "American" than a vehicle assembled right here in the U.S. with parts sourcing from U.S. parts suppliers?

GM, Ford, and Chrysler no longer employ U.S. workers when they move plants outside the U.S. They no longer pay property and payroll taxes that benefit my local community and school districts. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Honda do and they prove that safe and well-made vehicles can be made on U.S. assembly lines.

I've asked it previously and never received an answer, but can you understand ANY of that?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers

The truth of the matter is your owned

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers

The truth of the matter is your owned

Only in your twisted construded world.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron. What part of MADE IN U.S.A. don't you understand?

Why do you consider a Chrysler vehicle with a components from Malaysia, China, and Thailand and final assembly in Mexico to be more "American" than a vehicle assembled right here in the U.S. with parts sourcing from U.S. parts suppliers?

GM, Ford, and Chrysler no longer employ U.S. workers when they move plants outside the U.S. They no longer pay property and payroll taxes that benefit my local community and school districts. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Honda do and they prove that safe and well-made vehicles can be made on U.S. assembly lines.

I've asked it previously and never received an answer, but can you understand ANY of that?

Explain to me how I am an Anti Toyota knothead. Based on anything I have posted here, please enlighten me so. There is nothing I have stated that would put me in a Anti-Toyota column without your spin on things. I guess having worked for Toyota for 8 years and now that I don't it classifies me as that, hugh? But then again, you didn't know that? Did you?

Hemi

BTW, to answer your question, I can understand any of that, because I know where the buck stops and it isn't within these shores.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron.
Explain to me how I am an Anti Toyota knothead.
Explain to me how your absurdly ignorant posts are anything but critical of Toyota.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You made the accusations, the burden of proof is on you , not me. I think it is more relevant of you proving your interpertation of my post to be true than for me to have to prove something that isn't.

Hemi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You made the accusations, the burden of proof is on you , not me. I think it is more relevant of you proving your interpertation of my post to be true than for me to have to prove something that isn't.

Hemi
I haven't made any accusations. I've quoted your statements and responded appropriately. That you have problems communicating and no longer work for Toyota leads me to conclude why you're no longer in their employ.

As soon as you can properly articulate an argument to support Toyota being less of an "American made" product than competing GMs, Fords or Chryslers, let me know. You haven't done so thus far and you haven't answered any questions put directly to you.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The reason your owned Mr Hemi is the following and please pay attention. Toyota has not made any money at the plant since 1992 . Pontiac one of your beloved GM's division went away. Pontiac had to have TOYOTA make one of their best selling cars the Vibe at this plant. Why would Toyota keep the plant open?

You worked at Toyota for 8 years? In what capacity?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The reason your owned Mr Hemi is the following and please pay attention. Toyota has not made any money at the plant since 1992 . Pontiac one of your beloved GM's division went away. Pontiac had to have TOYOTA make one of their best selling cars the Vibe at this plant. Why would Toyota keep the plant open?

I think it's safe to assume he wasn't in public relations.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I think it would be safe to say he never worked for them but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
srw- you answered my question via PM, but why not here in the post, where I asked the question? People who live in glass houses...You know the rest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it would be safe to say he never worked for them but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. grin
I'm trying to give him the same benefit as well. Trying.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I haven't made any accusations. I've quoted your statements and responded appropriately. That you have problems communicating and no longer work for Toyota leads me to conclude why you're no longer in their employ.

As soon as you can properly articulate an argument to support Toyota being less of an "American made" product than competing GMs, Fords or Chryslers, let me know. You haven't done so thus far and you haven't answered any questions put directly to you.

Arguing with you is like riding a merry-go-round. You don't really get anywhere because it goes round and round like you.

So. Again. Please show me where I have said Toyota is less AMERICAN made product. Then once you realize that I haven't, go back and find where I have implied I am ant-Toyota. To try and get it through your thick skull (your avatar really makes me think that is how you look and act, espcially the look on your face) all I ever posted was proof Toyota laid off emplyees- period. Now if you want to spin that into something else- so be it. Your a tard.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

One of their "best selling cars", really? Are you sure?

Hemi

Edited to add: I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you saying one of the best selling of all Pontiacs, a specific time period, out of all their cars, or what?

Last edited by Hemi; 09/11/09.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Hemi

Doesn't matter does it ? They are OUT OF BUSINESS because GM and Pontiac are inept at marketing and running a car company . Why should Toyota shoulder the load of that factory for a competitor that no longer exists ?. The same fate is waiting for the rest of Government Motors in this country. There is good news on the horizon for GM fans though. The new re-structured version financed by US(taxpayers) will do fine in Asia. Plants probably springing up everywhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Arguing with you is like riding a merry-go-round. You don't really get anywhere because it goes round and round like you.

So. Again. Please show me where I have said Toyota is less AMERICAN made product. Then once you realize that I haven't, go back and find where I have implied I am ant-Toyota. To try and get it through your thick skull (your avatar really makes me think that is how you look and act, espcially the look on your face) all I ever posted was proof Toyota laid off emplyees- period. Now if you want to spin that into something else- so be it. Your a tard.

Hemi
I've already done all of the research I care with regards to your incredibly ignorant ass. You've dodged questions put to you, lied and made counter accusations. What point would there be in continuing a discussion with someone who is obviously incapable of holding an attention span of more than 90 seconds? Or is, in your parlance, a "tard?"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I guess we can say we have something in common. I think the same of you- or possibly less.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Hemi

Doesn't matter does it ? They are OUT OF BUSINESS because GM and Pontiac are inept at marketing and running a car company . Why should Toyota shoulder the load of that factory for a competitor that no longer exists ?. The same fate is waiting for the rest of Government Motors in this country. There is good news on the horizon for GM fans though. The new re-structured version financed by US(taxpayers) will do fine in Asia. Plants probably springing up everywhere.

Yet another spin in not answering the question. I guess I don't know- does it really matter? You are the one who made the statement in the begining- so i guess you are asking yourself does it matter. Well, does it?

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Hemi
I've already done all of the research I care with regards to your incredibly ignorant ass. You've dodged questions put to you, lied and made counter accusations. What point would there be in continuing a discussion with someone who is obviously incapable of holding an attention span of more than 90 seconds? Or is, in your parlance, a "tard?"

I'll take that as in you can't find or quote me as saying Toyota is less American. It's OK, you still have your interpertations of what I said to hang on to.

Hemi

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (16penny, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,947 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,318
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.