Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Check with your school first. I am a fifth grade teacher, and our school is not going to participate at all. I firmly believe that if Obama wants to address the children of the United States, he should do it at 8 PM so the parents can be there to help judge the value of what is said. To use school time is nothing more than indoctrination.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Agreed!

Ron

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Amen, my point exactly!!!!!! Good idea to check with the schools, I hadn't heard that it wasn't mandatory! Thanks!!!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Runningmoon
Amen, my point exactly!!!!!! Good idea to check with the schools, I hadn't heard that it wasn't mandatory! Thanks!!!

Here is the Fort Worth ISD position... Note how it is not mandatory, yet it will be left to teachers to use as they see fit at a later date. This requires parents to "opt out" and likely risk their kids being subjected to being labeled as, "Racist", "Intolerant", etc. As they will be segregated from those who willingly participate.

9/3/2009

INFORMATION REGARDING PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TO STUDENTS

On Tuesday, September 8, 2009, President Obama is scheduled to deliver a national address directly to students on the importance of education.

The U.S. Department of Education, in information provided to school districts, says the President will "challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning. He will also call for a shared responsibility and commitment on the part of students, parents and educators to ensure that every child in every school receives the best education possible so they can compete in the global economy for good jobs and live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens."

Tuesday was chosen as the day for this address because it is the day that a much of the country resumes classes.

The Fort Worth ISD is committed to providing access to learning opportunities. For this reason the address will be made available live at all 13 high schools. But this is not a mandatory event for students. Those who elect not to participate will be provided alternative activities.

The presidential address will be recorded and archived in the Video on Demand page of www.fwisd.org. Teachers in middle and elementary schools may use the address in their classes at their discretion. Again, it is not mandatory for students to participate.

Parents and students who elect not to participate in watching the address should notify their local principal.

Details on the Presidential address:

The address will be broadcast live on the White House Web site www.whitehouse.gov and C-SPAN at 12:00 pm EDT on Tuesday, September 8, 2009
-FWISD-

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now let's see....the courts said it was unacceptable to say the Lord's prayer in schools, even if any kid who wanted to could opt out, because of the embarrassment, pressure, harassment or whatever.

But its OK for kids to be singled out if they don't want to be indoctrinated by the Dear Leader?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
they nixed this, I do believe....due to no small amount of public outrage....

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/02/wh-withdraws-call-students-help-obama/

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the proposal, which immediately was met by fierce criticism from Republicans and conservative organizations who accused Mr. Obama of trying to politicize the education system.

Oh, they tried alright.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
There is just a host of problems with the way Ft. Worth ISD is handling it. Their statement "committed to providing access to learning opportunities" ... yadi yadi "productive lives in society" ... what a crock! I'm sure the "alternative activities" will be appetizing. And leaving Teachers the discretion of using this material ...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was proud of my local school district. They said on the morning news that they would not participate because they have a standing policy that no one addresses the children without first submitting a transcript. That transcript would be looked over by the ISD and approved or disapproved before any children hear or see it.
I wonder why the Obammy crowd would not provide a transcript??!!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
they may be missing him but they dont miss him.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I was proud of my local school district. They said on the morning news that they would not participate because they have a standing policy that no one addresses the children without first submitting a transcript. That transcript would be looked over by the ISD and approved or disapproved before any children hear or see it.
Excellent policy. I applaud them.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Excellent policy. I applaud them.

Yep. The Administration and Board for that district need to be cloned & exported everywhere!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
First to see if your school system is even going to play a full day political advertisement, then . . .

Keeping kids out of school is one thing, what about raising cain with the school board, block the broad
dcast of political propaganda.

In some of the FREE states I bet it does not make it on to be broadcast

I graduated from HS in the 60s. One of my classmates was a daughter of a Cuban refugee. She told us of how the commies of castro's government used the school kids.

Last edited by LouisB; 09/03/09.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am still waiting word from my kids elementary school. If they are going to participate, then my kids are going to spend a fun day with me scouting in Colorado.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My sister who is a Teacher---bless her heart----received this today. Mind you this is in SC.

Sent: Thu 9/3/2009 2:25 PM
To: 077staff
Subject: Presidents Speech

You may be aware that the President has planned an address to school children at noon on Tuesday, September 8th. Because of the late notification, limited technology for viewing purposes, parental permission requirement, required curriculum alignment, and appropriate instructional opportunities for students whose parents choose for them not to view the program, teachers are NOT to show the program in your classrooms. A school wide plan which addresses all the District required components may be implemented for a later date.

Principal
Northwest Middle School

Last edited by byc; 09/03/09.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,152
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.