Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know they made scope mounts for AirSoft rifles

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Tom264
Ol Lee sure gets around dont he?
What a pro....

He invented Alligator Wrestling..I'm surprised we don't have a forum...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
He's got a "Hate" thread down in the Talk To Webmaster forums.

Titled Hate site for campfire goons.

C
C

I think Clowdis has the floor. You coming to March Madness?
Mike Miller (Just some F TR Guy)

Good morning Mike,
Sorry, been away for a few days due to the passing of my mother in law. I do know Bud Solis very well, shot with him on the Veterans Team in 2007.I think Bud will be going with us to Brisbane in 2011 too. He is a real competitor and drives himself pretty hard. Also know Gary Rasmussen. I did shoot in the Can-Am full bore matches during March Madness in 2007 but California is a long way from North Carolina so I don't get there often. By the way, good job by the F-TR team in Bisley! Jeff Rorer is a good friend of mine too.

Last edited by clowdis; 09/17/09.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty cool seeing some of the Long Range folks here at the 24HCF. Welcome!

GOA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by rost495
The folks posting on this thread are WAY above average in shooting abilities, I bow to their presence.

Lee is also in the elk forums......

Pheew, good thing I did not post here; I would not want to bring down the average. :-)

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Clowdis, Little Jeff was my room mate for the trip to England. Good man, great shooter. I enjoyed his company. He did us all proud.

F TR based on your written work I guess our average is way below you. See you at 2010 Nationals?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Written words mean very little, it's the target that does the real talking.

I like to write and I truly enjoy writing about stuff that I like to do. I've had dozens of technical articles published in journals and magazines over the years, all but one in technical journals and magazines that you would not know.

When it comes to F-T/R shooting, I had to learn all by myself, there was no one there to ask questions, all the guys were into F-Open and there are many differences. My experiences as a old Palma shooter (in the early 1980s) and more recently in Service Rifle were my most important sources of information. So, I am happy to share my experiences and findings with everyone in the hope their journey will be swifter and to generate more shooters whose butts I can kick. :-)

But seriously, I just do not have the time to really get to the level I would like to be. Sure, I won matches and placed decently sometimes, but LR F-T/R is very difficult and needs more of a commitment than I can give it. I shoot 1000 yards only once a month and it will take all I can give to even get to TSRA this year, and it's in my backyard.

I have been promising myself to get to the Nationals for a couple years now and I was really thinking of showing up at Butner, but that's not happening. As for showing up for the 2010 Nationals in Kalifornia, that will require more guts than I may be able to muster to bring my rifle(s) into that "state." I don't want to lose them. (Sorry, I'm from Texas, we hear horror stories coming from occupied Kalifornia.) We shall see.

C
C
F TR based on your written work I guess our average is way below you.

Mike,
I don't place myself above anybody and didn't mean to infer that I do. Sorry if that is the message that came across. It's just that I have been around shooting for a lot of years and have gone places and done things during those years that a person could not do in just 5 or 10 years. Read..."not a spring chicken here". God has granted me the eyesight and enough natural ability to become a decent shooter and I've done the best I can to take advantage of that. As for 2010 schedules I'm not sure yet as the team hasn't set anything. The preperation for the 2007 team had us shooting at the Can-Am matches in Sacremento, Phoenix (twice), and the SOA in Raton. A lot of travel, but in these travels I got to shoot at several great ranges and meet a lot of great people who I will always refer to as friends. I know ya'll did the the same things with the F-class teams and I hope you enjoyed your times with them as much as I have enjoyed my times with the Veterans Team.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Clowdis, you come off as most of the top level Palma Shooters do. First Class all the way. Sorry if my joke to F TR Shooter came off wrong. It was actually a compliment to him as well. He writes very well. He obviously knows what he is talking about, even if he is still stuck on the 223. LOL

F TR I know how you feel but my family moved here from Texas before I was born (Thats a real long time ago). I have been to Texas many times and like parts of it very much, but California is a great place in spite of its stupid politics. Give it a chance you will find most of pretty decent folks. The matches are ran well.

I will say this my F TR shooting is far better after being exposed to the top F TR Shooters and learning from them.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
TI, I got your joke, I'm a little sad that clowdis may have seen it otherwise. I absolutely took it as meant, tongue in cheek, so to speak. We can talk and praise each other all we want here, it's fine.

I appreciate your kind words on my prose.

Just so you know, I am now using a .308 for LR and on my third outing I set a new club and range record at 1000 yards, 194-5X. I am really enjoying that rifle.

I reached Sharpshooter at LR F-class with my AR-15 in .223. Now I am looking for Master. (A good goal.)

I have spent more time in California for work over the last 30+ years but now, I don't have to go there anymore. Well, for right now anyway.

And yes, competition brings out the best in people. Which is why I like to compete against the F-openers. Remember, we are not supposed to beat them and they really hate it when it happens. :-)

Denys

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
F TR Shooting like that a bunch of us will be glad you stayed in Texas. Thats damm fine shooting.

I think making Master in F TR s the hardest of all the shooting sports. My opinion no one roast me for it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
MA in FTR has to be about the hardest, when one considers the rifle limitations and the target limitations combined. I"d be happy with it if I ever play the game.

Texas ain't all its cracked up to be.. way too hot and humid for my tastes. But plenty of ranges, matches, decent firearms laws etc....

The most underestimated thing in shooting is good competition... Its SO funny to watch, IE when I was shooting service rifle a lot, if no one "good" showed up, I was liable to shoot a 775 or 780 in a local match. Yet have the top folks show up I would still usually win, but often times shoot a 790 or hair more and then just barely win.... Funny how it takes that to push you sometimes... I suspect the human can be typically lazy but still be capable of rising to the occassion. Of course that could be survival too... Dont' wear yourself out more than you have to.... Sorry I digress.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
C
Boy, got all screwed up on that one! My apologies! I have to agree with the comment that shooting against the best competition will make you a better shooter. At least it seems to get me more focused on the job at hand. All of us have a good match or two somewhere in our head, it's just awfully hard to get it out sometimes. It takes focus and shooting against someone who is at least as good as you will make you try harder. Like Denys, when you beat them it gives you a sense of accomplishment while it might make them wonder a bit.
Blair

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We all have a few good matches in our head is right.. when it flows fine and smooth, almost regardless of the conditions, and you are in the zone so to speak....

Damn thing is being able to access them on demand....

Standing always killed me... though I know I can shoot it well enough to win nationals, I never could at nationals, and actually rarely well enough to set records type.... I could win locally though, but it was because I could shoot the rest of the course clean or really close most days....

And remember on getting screwed up, keyboards ain't face to face and it gets screwed up at times.... we've all been there....
Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, when I go off to a important (to me) match I post somewhere here that I'm off. Might as well post here.
This weekend 9/19-20 is the Racine County Line Rifle Club 600 Yard Mid-Range Regional Tournament. NRA Registered. Two day match. Prone, four gun, Match Rifle, Service Rifle, Palma, & F-Class. I shot this match last year, day one only. It was the first time I shot F-TR. Only had a 10x scope that day. Learned a bunch!
Including that match and the others I've shot (all 600 yard matches) this year my NRA classification card reads "F-Class Mid-Range Expert" as of 7/25/2009. Pretty damn happy about that.
Looks to be good weather for Sat., could be rain on Sun. I've learned a bit about what to do with mirage this summer, hope to use that knowledge this weekend. Here is a link to the Racine program 2009_Match_Programs/090919-20_Racine.pdf

Good weekend to all, Pat

GOA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
always wanted to shoot at Racine because I have good friends that live there.... never have made it though...if only I'd have been shooting already when I was in taxidermy school in Janesville, then I'd have made it a point too..

Good luck!

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated!

GOA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
TooDogs, good luck to you.

My NRA F-Class Mid-Range is still Master as on 8/19/2008, but I have not had the chance to put in another High-Master level score for several months now. After my scope screw up at Mid-Range TSRA I sort of concentrated on LR. Getting my Sharpshooter (4/27/2009) in LR was more of an achievement for me than Master in MR, because it was so damn difficult with a .223.

So, again, good luck to you, our thoughts are with you and get yourself some Master scores this weekend.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (16penny, 338rcm, 1minute, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,571
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.