Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

But, if you voted for Hussein Obama, you voted for gun control and against the 2nd Amendment.

As did anyone who voted for McCain

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by JasonB

But, if you voted for Hussein Obama, you voted for gun control and against the 2nd Amendment.

Wrong. McCain may not have been great on the 2nd and on gun ownership, but he was and remains FAR better than Hussein. And that, is saying something.

Never said McCain was perfect, or even a "good" choice, but FAR better than Hussein.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep. McCain may not have been great on the 2nd and on gun ownership, but he was and remains FAR better than Hussein. And that, is saying something.

Never said McCain was perfect, or even a "good" choice, but FAR better than Hussein.

Both were for banning semi-autos and banning gun shows. How does that make one anything other than the equal of the other?

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Eric Holder. Sonia Sotamayor.

Two prime examples.

Without even getting into the rest of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What has any of this got to do with Barakistan?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I agree with you in the sense that McCain is not quite as much of a leftist as Hussein. Maybe even a good bit less leftist. That said (and don't go saying I voted for Obama, because no way in hell I did, nor would have voted for a Democrat), but that said, you have to admit that the Obama catastrophe of a presidency is actually doing good things for the Republican Party. Likely MUCH better things than a McCain presidency would have done. In fact, a McCain presidency would have likely made the Republican Party even worse than it was under Bush. You have to admit that, right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eric Holder. Sonia Sotamayor.

Two prime examples.

Without even getting into the rest of it.

Great, McCain voted to approve Holder. So we have 3 anti-gun actions out of McCain so that means anyone supporting him supported an anti-2nd Amendment candidate.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Voting to approve is a whole HELLUVA lot different from nominating in the first place. Deference to the executive branch in nomination and getting the DSMFer of their choice for Cabinet positions is a LONG held practice. You want a turd, you'll normally get it. Be careful what you ask for, basically.

Whole lot different from nominating the same.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I agree with you in the sense that McCain is not quite as much of a leftist as Hussein. Maybe even a good bit less leftist. That said (and don't go saying I voted for Obama, because no way in hell I did, nor would have voted for a Democrat), but that said, you have to admit that the Obama catastrophe of a presidency is actually doing good things for the Republican Party. Likely MUCH better things than a McCain presidency would have done. In fact, a McCain presidency would have likely made the Republican Party even worse than it was under Bush. You have to admit that, right?

I am figuring it is business as usual. Back in the 90's (R) politicians and their voters talked like (as in feigned support for) limited government/pro-individual liberty supporters, but once they got control of the house, senate, and presidency the politicians and their voters showed their statist stripes with a big [bleep] you to anyone that truly was limited government/pro-individual liberty supporters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Voting to approve is a whole HELLUVA lot different from nominating in the first place. Deference to the executive branch in nomination and getting the DSMFer of their choice for Cabinet positions is a LONG held practice. You want a turd, you'll normally get it. Be careful what you ask for, basically.

If McCain voted for a turd most likely he would have nominated a turd.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well gee, I would hate to flip the bird to tradition and expect any of them to actually go to bat for the oath of office they lied about. They have better than a century of violating that oath so who would want to break up that racket.

Sounds like I've stepped on some anti-gun vote for McCain toes. I didn't ask for a turd, sounds like you did though.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by derby_dude

If McCain voted for a turd most likely he would have nominated a turd.

Not saying he wouldn't have, but it'd have been a less stinky turd in all probability, due to the other persons involved in vetting and recommending.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V

Well gee, I would hate the bird to tradition and expect any of them to actually go to bat for the oath of office they lied about. They have better than a century of violating that oath so who would want to break up that racket.

Sounds like I've stepped on some anti-gun vote for McCain toes. I didn't ask for a turd, sounds like you did though.

Nope, wrong again.

I voted AGAINST the worst candidate in the history of the U.S.; one ardently and diametrically opposed to my beliefs and values. In order to cast a vote MOST against that POS, I had to vote FOR a far lesser candidate than I would have preferred, especially given that my state was "in play".

Now, JasonB, whom did YOU vote for and why?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well gee, I would hate the bird to tradition and expect any of them to actually go to bat for the oath of office they lied about. They have better than a century of violating that oath so who would want to break up that racket.

Nope, wrong again.

I voted AGAINST the worst candidate in the history of the U.S.; one ardently and diametrically opposed to my beliefs and values. In order to cast a vote MOST against that POS, I had to vote FOR a far lesser candidate than I would have preferred, especially given that my state was "in play".

Now, JasonB, whom did YOU vote for and why?

So if you didn't vote for McCain, then who did you vote for?

I voted for Baldwin due to his limited government/pro-individual liberty positions that he has held for at least the last 10 years that I have been aware of his existence.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
I did vote for McCain, though technically, it was a vote AGAINST Hussein. McCain would not have been my choice, but he was the only option out there that stood a chance of keeping Hussein from the White House. McCain wasn't the perfect choice, and IMHO not even a good choice, but he was a far better choice than Hussein.

I can't fault the Baldwin choice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, again, I wasn't wrong.

I think McCain = Hussein and if anything Hussein was the "better" win because at least (R) voters will get mad everytime he gets up in the morning. (R) supporters were already showing their true colors by encouraging a vote for McCain due to Obama's voting for the bailouts so I tend to doubt their level of honesty would have improved any when they got what they wanted.

Gotta ask, if you aren't a registered (R) then why vote for their lemons? A guy on another forum proudly announced he had withdrew his (R) registration (which I took him at his word to be true,) but then got royally pissed off at anyone who pointed out the failings of (R) candidates that he invariably voted for and also criticised anyone promoting various 3rd party candidates. I really fail to see the benefit in voting (R) in the general election no matter what POS gets puked up, but then not being registered as such which prevents voting in primary elections where occasionally (to the tune of almost never) decent candidates can sometimes be found running.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
If you think McCain is the equal in dumbphuckitude and in anti-2nd Amendment, anti-gun-ownership, anti-Americanism to Hussein, you're far less intelligent than I gave you credit for.

Other than McCain (as stated on the other thread "Nimrodia", show me where I voted for an (R) party POTUS candidate. Wait, that's right..... you can't. If possible, I vote for the best candidate running (and at times, that's meant (R)s, (D)s, and other party candidates). In 2008, the worst possible candidate I could imagine was running for the (D)s, and the only chance I had to keep that out was to vote for the (R). Which is exactly what I did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you think McCain is the equal in dumbphuckitude and in anti-2nd Amendment, anti-gun-ownership, anti-Americanism to Hussein, you're far less intelligent than I gave you credit for.

Other than McCain (as stated on the other thread "Nimrodia", show me where I voted for an (R) party POTUS candidate. Wait, that's right..... you can't. If possible, I vote for the best candidate running (and at times, that's meant (R)s, (D)s, and other party candidates). In 2008, the worst possible candidate I could imagine was running for the (D)s, and the only chance I had to keep that out was to vote for the (R). Which is exactly what I did.

Pretty damn close, and as stated before experience has shown me that an (R) official can rape, rob, pillage with impunity and (R) voters will lie for their candidate just like the sleaziest (D) and their supporters will.

Good for you on 2008 being your first, although you picked a bad time to do it. I made the mistake of voting Bush in 2004 and I make it a point of pride to never make the same mistake twice.

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.