-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
New Mexico?? I'm confused. Sure hope this works out okay for Larry. God Bless him!!!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regardless of his story, it's great news that he is back home. Something very similiar happened to a friend here in Alabama just last year. This guy was a devote family man. EVERY thing he did involved his wife and two kids. He was never anywhere without at least one of them. In June 2008 he dropped his son off at school for summer football workouts. Everything seemed fine. That was the last anyone saw of him until October 2008 when he came back home. It's an interesting story to say the least. Everyone thought he was dead. There's obviously healing taking place but returning home was FAR better than any other alternative.

I wish the best for Larry Heathington.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone heard anything more about what happened?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, there is also a story out of south carolina about a gov. who went out for a hike and wound up in Argentina. I'm glad this gentleman is back home and fine, but it is a strange story indeed. I don't even recall anything about his disapperance, recovery or any law enforcement seach efforts on the local nightly news.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The City of Holbrook, AZ Police Dept. & Coconino County Sherriff's Office were both on the case.

(From Mr. Martin's earlier post: "By the way, the contacts for investigators on this matter is Sgt. Jason Lurkins, Coconino S.O 928-310-8889, and Det. Larry Thomas 928-226-5032.")

Since it was a missing persons matter, and he has turned up, case closed. What did or didn't happen to Mr. Heathington will make for some interesting campfire fodder down the road.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
scumbag Larry strikes again

bastads

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fluffy
scumbag Larry strikes again

bastads

Yep! Blair Worldwide Hunting isn't any better. I hope these guys get what's coming to them

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
90% of the Outfitters out there are POS.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Amazing that the guys who started this thread calling Larry a friend haven't chimed in....

Is he on death's doorstep? Did he really get beaten up and abducted? Or is he a thief in cahoots with the blair scumbag?

Edit: Seems a member over at AR got blair on the phone......and he is "totally satisfied with how the whole thing turned out". Really? Must be someone between these 2 sites that knows blair personally......doesn't he go to shows? Is he really this bad a guy?

Last edited by DuxHateMe; 02/28/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SU35

Your experience is much worse than mine. I've only come across one geniune POS outfitter. A few would be classified as marginal but some have been a pleasure to deal with.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wish I had your experience.

For the most part all I've meet are greedy pigs.

My last meeting was an outifitter that leased from a farmer 80' of land with a gate that kept everyone from entering public land. The old farmer died who let
anyone cross his land as long as they closed the gate. He left it to his son who lived out of state. The outfitter contacted him and talked him into leasing it to him so he could keep everyone out except for his clients.

The outfitter relished what he had done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

[Linked Image]
James Adams Jenkins

Here's what we do with them in Oklahoma . . . jail!

Man jailed in hunting-guide scam case

James Adam Jenkins
By JERRY WOFFORD World Staff Writer
Published: 3/16/2011��9:45 PM
Last Modified: 3/16/2011��9:45 PM

A man who is charged with scamming hunters whom he promised to take on hunting trips was arrested Tuesday, records show.

James Adam Jenkins, 39, was booked into the Tulsa Jail on three counts of unfair or deceptive trade practice in violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act. He was released on $9,000 bond later Tuesday, jail records show.

According to charges filed by the Oklahoma Attorney General�s Office, Jenkins told hunters from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Missouri that he was planning deer-, elk- and quail-hunting trips for them in Oklahoma and Colorado. He is accused of accepting their money, totaling more than $75,000, and then canceling the trips without a refund.

The state also alleges that Jenkins did not have permission or leases to hunt on the land where the hunts were scheduled to take place.

Attorney General Scott Pruitt said in a statement that other complaints against Jenkins are being investigated and that additional felony charges are possible.

By JERRY WOFFORD World Staff Writer

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...amp;articleid=20110316_11_0_Amanwh181417

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.