Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have the same hippers, I believe. Ankle fit LaCross, rubber about 8 - 10" up, then they are kinda fabric/rubber the rest of the way? Go on easy and difficult getting off?Anyway, I would also look at the gortex repair kits or the therm a rest repair kits.
Mine were leaking a little around the joint of the boot and wader part and I ran a bead of silicone in the crease and they are leak proof again!

Last edited by Bootsfishing; 09/20/09.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Double-Bubble,

......or second option, Wrigley's Spearmint.

actually,....Shoe-Goo, that chit WORKS.

relax, .....take the trip.

Worse things out there than a leaky boot.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Worse things out there than a leaky boot.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know you're sincere, but that's kinda funny coming from a guy in Arizona. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With your credit card a hunt is too important to leave a fix to chance.

NRA Lifetime Member
C
C
I do concrete work and have patched my rubber concrete boots several times. I used a rubber boot patch, they work great. No messy glue or wait time involved. Easy to use just peel and stick (actually press into place). You can buy them online at www.rubberbootbandage.com
Hope that helps,
Concrete Man

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport
Im getting ready to leave on a bear hunt Friday and noticed my knee high rubber boots have a frickin slit in em. What is a good way to patch this? I know I should just go get new ones but there fit so dam good and I have not been able to find this style any more.

Any ideas? Gorilla glue maybe?

Where's Lee24 when you need him?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want to be high zoot you can use a marine bedding compound, both 3M and Sika make products that will stick to anything and not be affected by water.

A cheaper and easy to find alternative is PL roof flashing. $5-6 for a caulking gun sized tube that fex every leaking bit of rubber, neoprene, plastic that you have. Should be no problem to find at any of the home improvement stores or a hardware store.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK, I just scrolled through this and no one mentioned Aqua-Seal.....
Best stuff invented since warm p......nevermind...

I've had Shoo Goo go south on me, but Ive even used Aqua-Seal to patch my hot tub!..

Its pliable when it dries...Great stuff!!

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Goop, it was made for that job and nothing else I have evered tryed works as well. Goop

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by concrete_man
I do concrete work and have patched my rubber concrete boots several times. I used a rubber boot patch, they work great. No messy glue or wait time involved. Easy to use just peel and stick (actually press into place). You can buy them online at www.rubberbootbandage.com
Hope that helps,
Concrete Man

Thanks for that link Cman.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by isaac
The suggestions are solid, of course, but I'd buy another pair just to have some backup.

Even though you have yours broken in to perfection, I wouldn't let a failed or later failing repair job leave you with being unprepared on such a hunt.

+1

A "slit" tells me another ones right around the bend. Buy new.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
shoe goo,or get a new pair,life is too short

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (358WCF, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 62 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,536
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.