-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kennel in Delta Colorado. Spruce Creek Kennels. I'd buy another from John anytime.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I have been researching, hemming, hawing, etc. about a Griff for two years. I have finally decided it is the way to go for me. I am in the process of contacting breeders. My biggest worry right now is that I have 2 cats and a female Boxer that live in my home. The three get along great. I am concerned after reading some of the posts that a Griff will make short work of the cats. My kids would start a rebellion if that was the case! Any of you Griff guys have cats and a glimmer of hope for me that they can exist together?????

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bring it home as a 6 week pup and there shouldnt be issues.....its rare that a dog raised up with cats takes to killing them......my german shorthair loves to play with them but for the first week after he was picked up from the breeder he played with my uncles cat so now he runs up to everyone he sees expecting it to play with him.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I agree with rattler when raised up together there should be no issues at all.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Also as for breeders check out Barb young at herrhausensportingdogs.com

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Funny thing...I have contacted some breeders in the past and their prices vary...a lot!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Your right prices do vary but believe me I have had many dogs in my day. And you get what you pay for so now I always look at the breeder does he or she test NAVDHA looking at the scores and her bloodlines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dukeman
Also as for breeders check out Barb young at herrhausensportingdogs.com

i tried cut and paste with the link and it failed...

do you have a better web address or possibly a phone #???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The number is Barb young 541-342-3459

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks, dukeman... i googled
Barb young 541-342-3459
and got her wbsite... followed a link i found there and found a breeder pretty close to the house who's hoping to have one of his two bitches bred in dec-jan...
just spent 45 minutes on the phone with him and got a ton of answers...
very straight shooting guy.... banking on getting one of his pups.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Sounds good what area are you in and who is this breeder ?

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I don't have any pics to share, of a Griff, but many years ago my son....I think about 10 at the time, brought a shaggy lil mutt home with him from school.We had Labs and didn't need another dog, and I told him to find a home for it.It seems the bus driver had spotted some puppies on the side of the road and stopped and let the kids take their pick (Grrr)

We never found a home for Blitz, and later I discovered we had a first rate upland game dog. I thought he might have been a German wirehair, not knowing anything about him. A neighbor that lived several miles up the road from us, and near the spot the bus had stopped, saw Blitz in the back of my truck one day, and asked about him.I told him the story, and he told me he raised Wirehaired Griffons, and had a female that had escaped from her whelping pen, and had a litter that he never found.He assured me, this was one of them. I don't think I have ever had a better all around dog than Blitz, and he was a great family pet as well.

Didn't mean to ramble on so!, but your thread brought back some great memories to this old dog lover.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Any of you Griff guys have cats and a glimmer of hope for me that they can exist together?????

fatjack...I don't own cats and rarely do I see one in our neigborhood, if you know what I mean. I was told our Griff probably would not tolorate cats, and she doesn't. I'm not saying that your dog wouldn't get along with them if he/she was introduced to them at a young age. She very well might.

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 14,639 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,179
Posts18,543,163
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.