Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Thegeneral,
Might you have some pictures of target grips for a square butt J frame???
Thanks!
Virgil B.

Goncalo Alves Target Stocks - checkered
S&W part no. 163300000
J-frame - Square Butt

[Linked Image]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hawkeye: Great info on the "Bostons". I thought I knew many
things about most dogs (starting when the AKC only had 104
breeds, as I used to attend dog shows) but, I certainly got
enlightened. My mom used to have a 'Boston', and her cousin was also the editor of "Dog World" magazine of which we got a
free subscription. Enough of dogs and back to S&W's----(I like
my M37 w/square grips for taking along on bowhunts if a bear
is going to come up the tree after me, as a .38 Spl. should be
adequate for between the eyes at a range of 2 feet.)

P.S.- Don't know much about the 'hyphenated designer' breeds (we used to call
them mutts [altho one of my best dogs when I was a kid was just that]. One of
my son's has one and it does kind of grow on you. It's a Shi-tzu/Maltese. Also,
my dad always referred to our dog as a "Curb Setter". AKC/not---

Last edited by contender; 10/01/09.

"Lever actions, contenders, pointing dogs and
doo-wop music."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thegeneral, jog,
Thanks for the pictures! I have a 31-1 with service grips. It sure would look nice with the target grips. Got the wheels going now...(grin!)
Virgil B.

Strider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks General for all the pics. I especially like the rosewood and high definition grain grips.

Any suggestions on turning a wayward medallion back to the correct clock position? I had luck with the magna grips by just putting the pad of my thumb on them and giving it a twist. But the target grips won't budge. I'm sure I could grab the stem with pliers from the back side, but I hate to do that to even a cheap pair. I suppose I should just leave it well enough alone and look for more.

As for the gap in the front, I've been looking. That seems pretty typical of all those light colored mass produced grips you see on the 3 screws. I'm only talking about a gap that would be difficult to slip a piece of cereal box cardboard into.

I like your dog. The dog I had when I was a boy was a terrier mix that came from a nearby farm. She was the perfect dog for a boy. She followed me absolutely everywhere and would take on anything she thought presented any kind danger. We covered a lot of ground together.

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

IC B2

Strider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Strider, if you don't like the look, that's fine. They are, however, to those in the know, a common sight on classic S&W revolvers equipped with classic Magna grips.

Hi Hawk,

It's not ignorance; I believe you; I know. I remember seeing them on the old detective shows. It's probably an ideal solution for a hideaway that you want to keep the original narrow wood grips on. If I decide to carry it, that's probably the way I'll go.

I don't like scopes on my lever guns either, and I take a bit of flack for that. I realize they've been doing it a long time. I'm not sure why, I've just never been one to accessorize my hardware. I tend to keep things as original factory as possible. Funny thing though, as my eyes gain more "experience", I find those scopes don't look so bad on those levers.

If I don't like the factory targets, I'll try the t-grip. Maybe, I should get another one and have both.

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Strider
Thanks General for all the pics. I especially like the rosewood and high definition grain grips.

Any suggestions on turning a wayward medallion back to the correct clock position? I had luck with the magna grips by just putting the pad of my thumb on them and giving it a twist. But the target grips won't budge. I'm sure I could grab the stem with pliers from the back side, but I hate to do that to even a cheap pair. I suppose I should just leave it well enough alone and look for more.

As for the gap in the front, I've been looking. That seems pretty typical of all those light colored mass produced grips you see on the 3 screws. I'm only talking about a gap that would be difficult to slip a piece of cereal box cardboard into.

Hello Strider
I would try using a set of Pliers on that silver washer on the rear of them to Nudge the emblem. First though, Wrap a couple of turns of Duct tape on the washer to avoid destroying it's finish...Thegeneral.

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 13,145 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,271
Posts18,544,981
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.