-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In high school I met a kid from a neighboring high school with the name Mike Hawk... No kidding.

Nice kid, but unfortunately he took a lot of crap. What the heck were the parents thinking when they plastered that name on him?

A gal I went to school with had the nickname BJ (you can guess why). Everybody called her Beej though. Kinda weird to see this gal 20 years later and I almost called her by her nickname.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Family I knew by the name of Pankey named a son Hankey and a daughter Kissee. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lady in eastern Wyoming working as DJ at a local radio station aptly named " Melody Songer."

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Stumpy, I think I know Mr. Heine, and a few of his relatives. He lives just north of town in what used to be the �sticks�.

Joel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's one for real from "Classmates."

Balls Claude 46-54

Beck Shirley 49-61

Beckloff Stanley 51-55

Bradford Carol 41-53 request info

Choate David

I think Claude really enjoyed his name!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There is a family of native Canadians on a reserve north of here whose surname is "Nothing." One of the boys has a given name of "Johnson" and the other has a given name of "Minus."

Imagine being stopped by the police and asked for your name.

LEO: What's your name?
GUY: Minus.
LEO: Don't play smart with me, son. What's your other name?
GUY: Nothing.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
A high school friend named Bobby. When it came time to have our diplomas printed, he was forced to bring a birth certificate to school, as admin insisted his proper name was Robert. In good southern form, his real name was Bobby Ray -

I remember we had the same thing happen in grade school. Teacher kept calling this kid "William", but his name was actually "Billy". Parents sent in confirmation of some sort.

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These names come to mind, and they are all real people that I have known or at least met.

Theophilus Leapheart

Harry Chew (Classmate of mine from elementary thru H.S.)

Dick Hollopeter and his son Willie Hollopeter

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by the_shootist
There is a family of native Canadians on a reserve north of here whose surname is "Nothing." One of the boys has a given name of "Johnson" and the other has a given name of "Minus."

Imagine being stopped by the police and asked for your name.

LEO: What's your name?
GUY: Minus.
LEO: Don't play smart with me, son. What's your other name?
GUY: Nothing.

Good Lord!

Parents, please think about what you're doing to your kids when you passing out the names. They are not pets, it's not cute, and they gonna have to live with and explain all these goofy names throughout their lives.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stumpy
Oh, I forgot the best one in the family:

My Uncle Horace Heine. No kidding. Great old rancher from Waxahachie!

Boggy, that Fuch fellow wasn't a biologist, was he?

stumpy

Don't remember. He went on to grad school and got a doctorate. Taught at Sam Houston for a while but I don't remember what his field was.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Adolph O. Bush the O is for Oliver

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I remember reading an anecdote in the Reader's Digest many years ago about a man who had only initials (R. B.) instead of a name. He got a job for some governmental agency and was filling out the required forms and put his name as R. B. Jones. The form was returned with instructions not to use initials but to use his entire name. He filled it out thusly, R.(only) B. (only) and resubmitted it. When he got his first paycheck it was made out to Ronly Bonly Jones.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
my middle name is josef my parents had a heck of time with teachers in the grade school telling me that was not how my name is spelled

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my grandfathers was named Trellis and I always liked his name. He had a sister named Lodusky and a brother named Rodell. I'd say old Trell' faired the best out of that bunch.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i knew a guy whos name was R B garza.same thing only R B.he got pulled over and charged with dui in la. when he went back for court they could only find stuff on a arby garza not R B so he left and never heard anything of it again

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 21, 48 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,476
Posts18,508,643
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.