-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loader-value your opinion. I think you are the only person on this forum I've ever heard complain about a Tikka's accuracy. That is their strong point. Don't forget about their accuracy guarantee...Send it back if it aint up to snuff.

I'm a Tikka nut. The more you use them, the more you like them. I really don't see a need for anything else for hunting, if you just want to keep it simple, and not spend a ton.

What Daveh said.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ya know, that thought didn't occur to me (I'm a bit slow I suppose), but I was wondering how the A7 can command about $400 more than a T3 in SS.

I was wondering that this mornin' actually, while reading a recent article in Nov/Dec '09 Rifleshooter on the A7. It is set up to be able to load/unload while on safe which is a nice thing (ala my soon to be gone Sako 75), it has a different polymer mag design and mag release (which I've had absolutely no problem with in the T3's), it has a different but same synthetic stock (more purdy I guess) and is set up to take Weaver sights (never a bad thing). So there are a few added niceties that the T3 doesn't have if those few things are important to somebody (and I can understand that as well). But $400 nicer..............not IMHO anyway.

I do wish that I'd looked at one when I picked up my new T3 this last Saturday, just to compare. They are a bit heavier than the T3's and since I'm trying to avoid as much weight as possible, my T3 choice still seems prudent given the other A7 add-on's aren't all that important to me. It is nice enough looking and I suppose that they'll shoot lights out like my 75 and all my T3's do, so that's a wash I'm thinkin'.

Yep......I'm gettin' pretty loyal to the lowly T3's due to what they do for me while at the range and when afield. If this new T3 or any other subsequent T3's DON'T stack up, I'll have no problem in sayin' so..........trust me on this one.

Heck.....I feel a bit wallet heavy after readin' that article. Suppose I'll just have to figure a way to spend that extra $400 I just saved. In fact, I'm headin' out the door right now for some sushi and sashimi. That should help considerably with my new found my spending goals......wink.

Good luck to all this season....no matter what you're packin'.

Last edited by magnumb; 10/01/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
magnumb, Seems most of the differences in the A7 and T3 are just that, differences. Not necessarily improvements. Only the bolt lock thingy seems to be a GOOD difference, and some will argue with that.
My early T3 is drilled and tapped for bases, just never saw the need for any, the supplied rings are fine (and light). Are they not D&T on the later T3s?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yep.....D'd and T'd still........in fact, I just attached (screwed down) my new Talley steel bases to my new T3 before I went to dinner....smile.

FWIW - I bore sight every rifle prior to my initial range visit with a new rifle and scope. In my life and about 25 rifles later, I have only experienced 2 rifles where after I attached scopes (after zeroing them) to them that I didn't need to adjust any windage knobs, either right or left, 'cuz I was dead on the horizontal crosshairs. Now that's sayin' something about how these T3's are D'd and T'd. I think that it also says something about the Talley's as well and that's why I use them on all of my T3's. Suppose it says something about the Zeiss' as well. Or maybe just the combination of all three components make all the stars align perfectly.......don't know. Perhaps I'll make it 3 when I mount a Zeiss on my new T3.......hope so.

May be a fluke, but don't think so when I've owned most all brands of rifles, scoped everyone of them myself and the same way and the only 2 that have lined up right out of the gate were both T3's.

Go figure..............

Last edited by magnumb; 10/01/09.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Cons: Expensive mags.

PROS:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, expensive mags. I don't even worry about that when packing a Kimber or Rem or Win or Ruger. So why could anyone get upset about sumpin they don't even NEED? Heck, don't buy a spare.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I like that it uses mags, I can keep one loaded and ready in my pocket. No fumbling around with shells during the heat of the moment. Just wish they were half the price.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think they are pretty nice rifles for the money. I have a couple of friends that have one, one in .308 and one in '06 and they both shoot well with several versions of factory ammo. No problems with function yet either. Good gun, overall, IMO.

7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the replies looks like more pro's than con's. What scope rings is everyone using? The factory ones are functinal but they aint much to look at. Any one used the warne rings that look like talleys?

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use Talley's on mine (and all my rifles).

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yep...................

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here's a dealer that I bought a couple new magazines from for my T3 6.5x55......$35 each, shipped...last I knew he had more to sell....

etssusausa.net

Mike's a great guy to deal with...

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I'd like a T3 Hunter in 257 Bob. As far as I know, they don't make one. Too bad!

But it would be a long action and no one would want it. laugh

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'd like a T3 Hunter in 257 Bob. As far as I know, they don't make one. Too bad!

and too accurate smile actually the too long actions come on a gun that weights less than many other guns...

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My next project that probably doesn't need done will be to convert a t3 in 25-06 to 257 WBY.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 338Federal
I notice that a couple guys commented they'd rather have a Sako A7. Seems that all the features they hate in the T3 are in the much more $$$ A7. What's with that? Find a gun you hate and then buy the higher priced twin sister?? Huh?

Well, if you're thinking of my post - I just suggested that the A7 might be a better 'youth' choice, expense aside. Hopefully nothing in my post suggested that I 'hate' my T3 - nothing could be farther from the truth. Love it. It makes me feel like a real rifleman!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Okay then, I'd settle for 250 AI -- short enough, and still got lots of what I want. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they sell a t3 25-06, what does the 257 Bob AI do that the 25-06 does not? Especially on the same action?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Quit foolin' with me, David. I don't NEED a 25-06. I WANT either a 250 AI or a 257 Bob -- simple stuff. Logic don't even enter into it -- it's gun stuff. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I love the action and accuracy, but the stock is terrible.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.