Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
In the future, I'll try to post test results that aren't to upsetting for the frail.

I just *knew* this thread would be a corker! grin grin grin

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Are there any "unhappy" Zeiss Victory users out there? smile

Just asking......many really like them!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
thanks for the infos.

do you have too some results for "Battue- Driven" scope ?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Oldtrader3
What, you guys can't take it when someone starts injecting reality into the ozone in your world? Now I supppose Eremicus is going to lecture us that the Leupold's were out-of-focus and therefore it was not a valid test.

Thank you Roy, I could not read the the Finnish and German lab articles and did not get much out of them. VAnimrod, I will send you an email copy of the tests, in German, just give me your email address.

Are they PDF, or html? If PDF, that won't do me much good. HTML, I can likely run it through a translator.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You guys are so funny. I described one of my night time experiences in the field. And that means nothing ? But guys, you are always harping about experiences and, of course, only our personal expereinces are valid. I can't help but wonder how you ever got an education. Taught yourself ?
Here' another. Star light night, no moon. The scope was a Leupold 6.5-20AO, VariXIII. Young buck with tiny forks, some 150 yds. distant. So dark, only 6.5X would show me anything. Yet, even at that distance, I could still see those tiny, less than inch long, spikes. But according to our Zeiss addict, this is not possible.
Did any of you notice that the Leupold tested was a 50mm and that just what model wasn't clear ? They put it up against a 56mm Zeiss. And tested at ALL magnifications. That means the Zeiss could use 8X and the Leupold only 7X if it was really dark. And you call that fair ? What else did this "fair" test do ?
I'll give JG some credit here. His tone indicates even he thought these so called tests were a bit much. No kidding. E

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Given your bias, it means far less than what it should.

Given that you don't actually use any other scopes, or do direct comparisons, it means less than it should.

Given that if it says "L", you laud it, and if it doesn't, you don't, it means less than it should.

You demean your own opinions to a degree that on the issue of rifle scopes, your opinions are not held very highly.

On other issues, your opinion is valued, as your bias is not there (save against Glocks), and your experience is based upon comparison and use. On scopes, you don't do the same, so, no, your experience and opinion is not valued the same.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Point taken!

VAnimrod, the Austrian article is PDF format but you can have a copy if you wish. Your choice.

CDR3
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It's always fun to watch a lawyer in action. When you can't counter the other sides arguments, attack them and hope they bite. E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you can't counter the other sides arguments, attack them and hope they bite. E

You should know,you do it more than anyone else.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Eremicus
It's always fun to watch a lawyer in action. When you can't counter the other sides arguments, attack them and hope they bite. E

E;

I do respect your opinion on many issues. We've been around this before. On rifle scopes, your bias is far too glaring, and far too unsubstantiated to carry any weight.

BTW - you have no argument here, only what you think you saw, but didn't actually compare your Leupolds to anything else. We've been around this before as well.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Are there any "unhappy" Zeiss Victory users out there? smile

Just asking......many really like them!

I've never met any.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
On other issues, your opinion is valued, as your bias is not there (save against Glocks),

I don't really want to hijack this thread, so I'll start one in the handgun forum. It will be entitled What's wrong with the World's Finest Combat Handgun?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (300_savage, 1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 18 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,859
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.