Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 31 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 340boy
Now that JO has thrown his hat into the ring, it will probably run to 250...
wink

smile

My hat is not in any ring. You guys can have this one. I have no beef with Lee24, and I am not qualified to evaluate his claims or credentials.

I was just commenting on the original question- recent M700 quality- and making polite conversation.

Alright, Jeffro...
I will let it slide(this time) if you send me some elk tenderloins!
Deal?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The tenderloins from my bull last year were hands-down the best game meat I've ever eaten. They were fork-cut tender. Yum. I still have the tenders from my cow from last year...

So no, no deal! smile smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah hell!
I thought I had a good dinner coming up for sure!!
Rats...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate out gassing.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh laugh

James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee24
All that code in between the Windows applications and firmware is mostly sloppy fat, due to cheap memory and hurried designs. Most people don't realize that Microsoft has a FORTRAN compiler, which they bought during their lawsuit settlements with other operating system vendors they had harmed.

Most people who actually work with it realize that this compiler really has nothing to do with the code of the OS but instead is used as a compiler for .net framework and that any fortran compiler can be used just fine should you want to use it. Of course, what do I know I just do SOA stuff for a living, a fact that can actually be verified by a bunch of people here.

For the most part we're using mule and eclipse vice .net for our work.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
ChE students take statics, too, because they have to understand the structural part of the large process machinery they are designing, which has a lot of weight.

Dude, now you are in MY field an I can tell you that you are full of crap. I have spent 14 years in the pharma industry working with various process development projects. One of the thing that I have extensive experience in is steam sterilizers, and can tell you that no freakin ChE has EVER designed any kind of pressure vessel on any of the hundreds of projects I have worked on. These are mulit million dollar projects and I can tell you that any kind of process machinery is designed by ME's and the ChE come up with the process. Also, Civil engineers design the infrastructure and the such, STRUCTURAL engineers(most of which have ME education) design the buildings and such.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bryguy,
+1

ChE's 'design' the reactions and specify any corrosion resistance properties that may be required, reactor size,agitation requirements, desired pressure parameters, temperature limits, etc. If I was buying a(new) pressurized heat jacketed reactor, I would give the vendor my desired specs. and they would either design and build the thing or recommend a suitable one that has already been built. I know I didn't take any classes in 'pressure vessel design' and I can tell you no such thing was offered within the ChE department although perhaps one was taught in the ME department.

Also, I believe that it is the American Society of Mechanical Engineers(ASME) that set safety/operating standards for pressure vessels in the USA, not the American Institute of Chemical Engineers(AICHE) which also points to ME's having more to do with pressure vessels than ChEs.

James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 340boy
bryguy,
+1

Also, I believe that it is the American Society of Mechanical Engineer's(ASME) that set safety/operating standards for pressure vessels in the USA, not the American Institute of Chemical Engineers(AICHE) which also points to ME's having more to do with pressure vessels than ChEs.

Yep, everything we deal with in either a steam sterilizer or any vessel that will see any level of pressure are built to ASME standards or the EU counter part.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bryguy,
Sounds like you have an interesting job, for sure.
Does your plant have a lot of stainless construction and Swagelok type tubing/fittings?
If so, I am envious!!

James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
brguy, just accept the fact that you didn't go to as rigorous of an engineering school as I, and a lot of other engineers, did. All my ChemE friends took took a semester of Statics in the ME department, and a course on pressure vessels. As you say, most project engineers are going to spec the vessel and a fabricator is going to build it to ASME codes, but a good ChemE needs to know enough to not specify something that won't work.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uhh, Lee-
taking one semester of statics doesn't qualify anyone to build the structure necessary to support a reactor, HX, evaporator, etc.
If you knew anything about engineering, you wouldn't post such horseshit.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Liar24
brguy, just accept the fact that you didn't go to as rigorous of an engineering school as I, and a lot of other engineers, did.

How about listing where you went to "school." You have said NOTHING of any substance in this thread. You've been asked many questions but do not answer them. You just put folks down and counter acuse. Put up (that includes your SC 375H&H) or go away.

RH

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by himmelrr
go away.

RH

+1

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
grin

[Linked Image]

grin
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
brguy, just accept the fact that you didn't go to as rigorous of an engineering school as I, and a lot of other engineers, did. All my ChemE friends took took a semester of Statics in the ME department, and a course on pressure vessels. As you say, most project engineers are going to spec the vessel and a fabricator is going to build it to ASME codes, but a good ChemE needs to know enough to not specify something that won't work.

Please tell what university it is that you got your degrees from? I'm absolutely dying to know!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why would a ChE take statics from a ME department? Statics is a CE class. Start talking dynamics, then we'll be in ME world.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In my undergraduate education, mechanical and civil engineering students took two semesters of statics and structural engineering. Both department taught both classes. The first semester was theoretical: vectors, point loading, distributed loading, Mohr's circle, etc. The second semesters were real world problems slanted more towards the practice on that field: ME more towards machinery, weldments, composites, and CE more towards steel for buildings and bridges.

Page 16 of 31 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (3333vl, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 25 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,881
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.