Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My pet peeves came to me last evening. I get my november issue in october and just about as soon as I get my camo out of the closet, the next issue deals with post season gun care, etc. in the southeast, we hunt from october (some earlier) through early january. I do not want to read about spring gobbler season before thanksgiving. give me a break. I am just getting started with fall hunting when the mags call the season quits. it makes me believe that big game season is over in the west and north by the end of october. I shot one of my best bucks ever last january. we're still swattin' skeeters in november and waiting for a "cold front".

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Showing only portions of photographs of a gun and not the whole gun. Thanks...

I remembered this post as I was looking at other threads. The two pictures in this thread are, IMHO, excellently done and show the proper way to photograph a rifle:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...amp;amp;sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

I like to see the entire rifle as well, believing that it shows off the lines of the firearm, then another shot can show the details. The lighing in these photographs brings out the details of the rifle nicely, but in addition the setting by itself is beautiful, it contrasts in color to the rifle to bring out the rifle's details even more but would still be a beautiful picture even without the rifle in it.

Kudos to bxroads for some excellent photography.

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My A numba 1 biggest , swearin at the mag thing(s) are those little cards for subscriptions in the magazine.

I understand having 1, but I have opened mags to have 6-7 of them fall out. Seriously how many times could I subscribe?

I really hate the ones that are bound in - splitting up the article.

Sorry just really hate those things more than poor writting somedays,

Easy fix is to just renew without having to be asked. If that happened there would be no need for the cards, the seven mailed renewal notices, and the telemarketing effort.

But, since that doesn't happen, you're stuck with the annoying cards because they work.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The thing I hate the worst is when a new gun doesn't shoot as well as one would expect, but then the gun doesn't get blamed for the poor performance, it gets blamed on several other factors. IMO, G&A is about the worst when it comes to this. The mag will test a gun and it won't be what most people would call "accurate," but they try to skirt around the real issue and offer reasons why it didn't shoot well. As an example, some of the commonly cited reasons that come to mind are, "the trigger pull was a bit heavy, we only had a small selection of ammo to try, we were running short on time and the light was fading quickly." Well of course all that will result in less than spectacular groups, and that I don't dispute. However, this happens way too often in the gun mags for it to be the real issue, and the first thing that comes to my mind when I read it is, "it doesn't shoot worth a crap." I know most experienced shooters see through the BS, but I would rather read 100% honest reviews. I like reading gun mags for the information, not to test out my BS meter.

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,168 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,721
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.