Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gene L
The Supreme Court says it does.

Last time I looked they were all government lawyers and judges.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Will he be nice to us George if we carry Milkbones at all times?"
-------------

Attempting to bribe an officer of the law is a serious offense. You could be tazed and bitten! Then arrested and fined.

grin

"Common sense agrees with the Supreme Court."

It used to, anyway. And the Surpreme Court used to always agree with common sense, too.

My, how times have changed.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Last time I looked they were all government lawyers and judges."

That is a fact. You cannot be either a lawyer or a judge until you've buddied up to the system and promised to play along. Don't believe it? Go against the flow and see how long it takes til you're disbarred.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
People actually get fleas from the police?????

Must be from the K9 unit. laugh grin

One in most every crowd! grin grin

I new a cop or two down in the old country of Oklahoma, before cops were civilized, that probably had more fleas than their dogs!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Flee" conjures and image not altogether relevant to the issue from where I'm sitting. "Flee" is probable cause. "Avoid" is another bag of worms entirely. Not unlike the difference between 'cover' and 'concealment'.

I think it a mistake to take what is said in this discussion with narrow focus or interpretation. Life isn't like that and all circumstances are as variable as snowflakes. I am not impolite toward LEOs, nor am I submissive. I don't expect, I demand professional behavior, not only from LEOs, but all government employees. That's my line in the sand so to speak.

I took issue with a Hispanic FHP officer down in Dade County some years back due to his behavior and misconduct. His LT. was not impressed to find out that HE had been lied to and I rather imagine it slowed down the patrolman's career progression, as well it should. Neither was the presiding judge now that I recall it. Funny what a phone call and a few well considered questions can do. Reminds me, just how many times can a cop's father die anyway?

Too, I lived through the River Cops caper down in Dade.....strange times then.

Well, that's a small piece of the foundation upon which I stand. I would help a cop in a bind w/o compunction. Due to the administration of our criminal justice system they are living their own version of Vietnam with no end in sight. Pity is due, help when and if appropriate, and don't think your short hair and barks will cow me. I've seen scarier stuff.

Worked with quite a few ex LEOs in the ATC world. Seemed a popular career progression in the community. Every one of them had their little coffee shop stories about how they screwed somebody over and got away with it. <giggle, giggle>

I'm not laughin' here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I was in the biz for 30+ years and never screwed anyone. You should report illegal activities from LEO to the proper authorities.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was in the biz for 30+ years and never screwed anyone. You should report illegal activities from LEO to the proper authorities.

Why not??

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Why not??

I won't answer for anybody else, but for me lying is simply too labor intensive. Much easier to simply tell the truth than to try to remember lies.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Daddy always told me I couldn't be a liar, 'cause I wasn't smart enough to remember what I said yesterday. I never forgot that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can safely say the same. If someone got cuffed or even summoned by me, they were guilty.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Was thinking of you today Lt. I had to finish up a grant for the new dog after I got back from the Academy. Just finished actually.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat, that is great advise for all. George said it similar as well. The truth is always the easiest thing to remember.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lying is just something that isn't a part of my personal code. Under oath, of course, and that's the salient point. It is against the justice system. And I took an oath, btw.

On a practical level, the results aren't worth the cost of lying. So some guy beats the rap? OK, that's the way the system works...imperfectly.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I can safely say the same. If someone got cuffed or even summoned by me, they were guilty.

"Guilty" means they're convicted. That wasn't always the case. As I said above, a few beat the rap. Life goes on.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...on the other hand, I alway told myself that I was saving my lies, 'cause one day I would really, really need them! What I found, of course, was that if you never lie about little stuff, you never have to lie about big stuff.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn

"Guilty" means they're convicted. That wasn't always the case. As I said above, a few beat the rap. Life goes on.

Even though it's semantics, we will disagree here. Guilty means they did it. Convicted means they have been found guilty by the court. I have seen many, many guilty people not convicted.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I have seen many, many guilty people not convicted.

Sorry about that!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not my cases, of course. You're still not over that "Fort Dixs "spanking you got, are you? smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Is the Troop Commander and presiding judge "proper authorities"?

My point was this: Never should have happened in the first place. It is not a citizens job to police the police.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad someone understood my point. That point being my cuffing was not done cause I was bored.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,471
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.