Print Thread
Hop To
A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Where can one buy Large Rifle Primers online now?

I seem to be almost out of Win and CCI both, yet have an abundant supply of Large and Small Pistol in both brands! ( I have no clue how that happened) laugh

All the usual local suppliers are out ( I know that is "old news" for most, but until now this has not been a serious issue here at least) I hate to pay the haz-mat fee, but have no real choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reloaders Haul Brass!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still hit and miss, small rifle primers are the worst. I just ordered 5k wolf for .223 because it was all I could find from powder valley. I added in some powder so the hazmat fee wouldn't hurt so bad.

powder valley
Cabela's
midsouth
Widners
Graffs
Natchez

I'm sure others will chime in with other idea's

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Thanks had already checked all of those, no luck, was hoping there might be a few suppliers I hadn't found yet .

Reloaders Haul Brass!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you don't mind paying 2x the actual value, gunbroker has lots for sale. You would be best to buy a large lot(5000) and then sell what you don't need to help spread out the inflated costs.

A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Thank you Farichase2007 , doesn't look like I have much choice, since I really need to work up a load for the 25/06...at least you've shown me where I can get a few from, and I appreciate it very much indeed!

Reloaders Haul Brass!
IC B2

A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I "think" I may just pull some 30/06 loads, resize with the 25/06 die (absent the decapper pin obviously) and go with that as I have several of those already loaded which I'm not "needing",

I kinda hate to support the "scalpers" who are driving the prices up and supplies downward. Maybe that's just me though.

Reloaders Haul Brass!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I laid in 5,000 Fed 210's and 5,000 Rem 7-1/2's a year or two ago when things started getting scarce. I also have a few hundred or more CCUI magnums I believe. If you reload a lot, I might suggest placing an order with Powder Valley (if they'll take back orders) and when they come in they'll let you know. I stocked up on powders and primers at the same time to help offset the hazmat fee. Hardest part these days is to find multiple items from the same place to ship on the same order...

Last edited by TDMax; 11/19/09.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
To start with you have to pay an explosive fee to ship primers and/or powder and that is $25.00 for one primer or 10,000 or 1 grain of powder or a ton...plus shipping...

I can buy wholesale on the internet or out of town, but I am better off buying that stuff locally..Its hard to find now, but it seems to be catching up from the understandable over reaction that took place with the last presidential election, and to that I will add its probably just a matter of time until those jerks fall upon us..

Our only hope is to vote the whole damn bunch out of office and vote for independents, at least for the most part.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Check with Holland's.

http://www.hollandguns.com/

A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
From Powder Valley

At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available.

Reloaders Haul Brass!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aceoky
From Powder Valley

At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available.

The thing that gets me about powder valley is that they have had that message up for at least 9 months. I imagine if your going to order 50 million primers, your going to be back ordered for the next 9 years.
I'm like Atkinson, I buy locally. It's been hit and miss at times with my local gun shop, but the owner seems to be gaining ground during these times. He's in a better position to buy in bulk and can spread that $25 hazmat cost around. I can buy a lb of Biggame for $23 and 100 winchester lr primers for $2.25. I think the 4895 is running $22. Which may not seem like a huge savings, but I don't mind supporting his business. On the flip side, I don't buy bullets from that store, because for a box of 50 or a 100 you would think they were following the trend in gold prices.

Last edited by LNF150; 11/21/09. Reason: Not enough a.m. coffee/spelling issues
A
aceoky Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I agree 100% with buying locally whenever possible and supporting the small businesses here at home. I don't even mind paying " a little more" in order to do so. When they don't have what you need , that's not possible .

Reloaders Haul Brass!
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by aceoky
Where can one buy Large Rifle Primers online now?

I seem to be almost out of Win and CCI both, yet have an abundant supply of Large and Small Pistol in both brands! ( I have no clue how that happened) laugh

All the usual local suppliers are out ( I know that is "old news" for most, but until now this has not been a serious issue here at least) I hate to pay the haz-mat fee, but have no real choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At this point all I can say is hang in there and keep looking. No one is above having this problem finding primers, and it's been that way for at least 2 years, maybe 3.
It's not something new, which is my point here.
There are some Wolf and Fiocchi large rifle primers avaialble from time to time, and if I needed some, I'd go after them.
Good luck finding some.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I went by the local Sheel's store - they had CCI and Remington LR Magnum primers; CCI, Remington and Federal 210 LR primers! First time I've seen any magnum rifle primers in 2009! No Federal GM yet though. Picked up 1000 CCI 250's. Thought about the Fed 210's but I've still got a few hundred 210GM's.

Limit 1 brick per person - but they had a whole shelf full of CCI and Fed 210 bricks!

They've had CCI and Remington Small Rifle for several weeks but I don't use any of those...

Last edited by wyliec; 11/21/09.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.