Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't bother to read any of the self-serving tripe ghost written by politicians (or celebrities...if there's a difference), and am modestly surprised that anyone takes Palin's, or any other politician's, book seriously. Like all politicians, Palin is simply pandering to her constituency, and will parrot (or more accurately, her ghost writer and publisher will parrot) whatever platitudes they believe necessary to sell Palin's book. Nothing more nor less.

That is why I was so disappointed. I took her dead serious, and believed her to be really truly different from the crowd. I had great hopes.

I guess this book might appeal to women a lot more than men, and if she is trying to get more women voters to consider her seriously then maybe there is some wisdom in that. That is the best spin I can put on it from my perspective.

Quite honestly I am looking to meet the next Sam Adams and champion his cause.

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/23/09.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Quite honestly I am looking to meet the next Sam Adams and get behind HIM.

Wear protection.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The anti-federalists were right, as far as I can tell. But think of it, even the Federalist Papers are radical these days as compared to what we have in operation! Federalist 45 is MUCH too extreme to be discussed seriously in public debate, unless perhaps you are a Ron Paul supporter, and what are they called around here??? Paultards?

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
We need a Ronald Reagan
Reagan was OK but way overstated. He overspent, was involved in as much of your so-called empire building as any president, and paved the way for the growth of fundamental islam jihad by not avenging the death of our Marines in Lebanon. He was personable, likable by all, and a breath of fresh air after his predecessors, but far from an ideal conservative leader.

How old are you? Serously, your comments are pure trash! Ronald Reagan restored our belief in America my friend! Ronald Reagan, created 21 million new jobs in America, my friend! Ronald Reagan inherited double didget inflation that I had to live thru as a young person trying to raise a wife and family. Try buying a house with nothing down, in a double didget infationary time!!!! Reagan pretty much took care of ole Omar Kadofy, or did you convieniently forget that? Seems he was missing a few close ones after Reagan bombed his personal "house" at night. Reagan did everything that gave our Military the current "high Tech" capability we currently have, that was due to Reagan, My Friend. Reagan challenged the Soviet Union, and now we deal with Russia.....remember the wall? God, your comments are so pathetic! Go take a course in History, or better yet, if you are my age, try growing up for a change, and stop bull [bleep] people.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How old are you?
I turn 56 this week. How about you? Young enough (or something) to idolize people, I guess. I gave that up. They all disappoint someplace. I just pointed out a few.

BTW: much of what you say is true. So is what I said.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think bombing Khadifi's compound was a high point for America, and Reagan legitimized peacetime military deficit spending. Now we are apparantly stuck with it, forever. Can't like that.

Reagan pushed people's "John Wayne" buttons... and the people, they liked it... just sayin'...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I feel the same way. I was looking forward to finding out where she fundamentally stands on the issues, along with an intellectual defense of why. [/quote]

---------------------------------------------

If Sarah will write a sequel and expand greatly on her last chapter; "The Way Forward" and put some meat on the bones, and some depth to the debate then we will have a real winner. I think it is possible. I have great hopes actually. Time will tell.

The war of ideas must be won.

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/24/09.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Reagan pushed people's "John Wayne" buttons... and the people, they liked it... just sayin'...

Well, he certainly couldn't have pushed your "John Wayne button" he'd have to kiss you to do that!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If she is a true conservative, shouldn't she be at home raising her kids?

She probably would be, if she didn't have to keep carrying the water for men like you who would rather sit back and make not so funny wisecracks on an internet forum than take an active role in government!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Who turned the dogs loose ???

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
but I am disappointed beyond words. Sorry.

The reason her book is a disappointment is she's a disappointment. There just ain't that much there. Pretty simple really...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some of you guys were blinders all the time//////???? sick
read my first post about building a house ,think about it ,she is starting at the begining where she has to to claime it for her own ......you guys with dissapointment chit allover yourselves wake up???? grin grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If she is a true conservative, shouldn't she be at home raising her kids?

She probably would be, if she didn't have to keep carrying the water for men like you who would rather sit back and make not so funny wisecracks on an internet forum than take an active role in government!!

Nemesis,

Shane has been out defending the country for 25 years, while you sit back and play pocket pool and keyboard kommando.

You've been a pimple on this site since you signed up. Why don't you pop yourself?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There are a lot of people in Alaska who underestimated her, too, many of them Rebublicans and she plowed them under.

I think the best outcome is not for her to go third party, but to re-claim the Rebublican party, by marginalizing all the moderate Bush/McCain Republican milk toasts. She can do it in spite of the libs and MSM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
There are a lot of people in Alaska who underestimated her, too, many of them Rebublicans and she plowed them under.

I think the best outcome is not for her to go third party, but to re-claim the Rebublican party, by marginalizing all the moderate Bush/McCain Republican milk toasts. She can do it in spite of the libs and MSM.

Rather, alot of people in Alaska look at what she achieved, or rather didn't achieve, and hence are not impressed.

If she can push through taxation that put the industry that benefits the state 10:1 over all others combined and basically shutdown investment and cause the loss of 1000's of the highest paying jobs, and also pave the path for income taxes in the next several years, just imagine what she can do for the country! shocked

She makes a great cheerleader, but she is no quarterback.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by sse

Rather, alot of people in Alaska look at what she achieved, or rather didn't achieve, and hence are not impressed.

If she can push through taxation that put the industry that benefits the state 10:1 over all others combined and basically shutdown investment and cause the loss of 1000's of the highest paying jobs, and also pave the path for income taxes in the next several years, just imagine what she can do for the country! shocked

She makes a great cheerleader, but she is no quarterback.

Isn't it strange how many call her conservative yet no real conservative would have done what you just described.

A real conservative doesn't shut down the major industry of a state with high taxes.

Palin is a moderate Fascist just like most of the Republican Party.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Who's gonna be elected President one day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If she can push through taxation that put the industry that benefits the state 10:1 over all others combined and basically shutdown investment and cause the loss of 1000's of the highest paying jobs, and also pave the path for income taxes in the next several years, just imagine what she can do for the country!

I'd doubt like hell she'd ever do anything like this

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

Who's gonna be elected President one day.

That is quite possible as the choice is always between a moderate Fascist and a liberal Fascist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is quite possible as the choice is always between a moderate Fascist and a liberal Fascist.

or Condi Rice grin grin grin grin grin

MOLON LABE

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,062
Posts18,501,282
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.