Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not big on returning items, unless they really fall way short of what I was expecting.

I'm gonna eyeball some at the warehouse sometime in the next few days and see how they do.

It would appear that that the HD is a good bet for the price.

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I'm not either. But, when it comes to really important things for hunting, like quality optics, I'll do it simply because I know no other way. Looking at them in the store doesn't teach me much. Spending some time with them and using them at the longer ranges, really helps to show me what I have. E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
I'm not big on returning items, unless they really fall way short of what I was expecting.

I'm gonna eyeball some at the warehouse sometime in the next few days and see how they do.

It would appear that that the HD is a good bet for the price.

Matt,

Why don't you hangfire on actually buying until January, and make the most of the January sales?

Regards,

Peter

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I probably will.....I'm not in a big rush right now, but I like to have the research out of the way before I make a big purchase.

I don't buy many large price tag items, but when I do, I've thoroughly exhausted the possible snafus ahead of time.....That and I've come up with a very good story for the wife by then.....(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been using the Leupold 12-45 GR scope for as long as they have been out. In my opinion, as well as those of a number of my guides who use them, they are the best scope when you consider optics, weight and ruggedness.
I have Kowa, Nikon and Swarovski scopes in my lodge and yes, they do offer better optics, but at a price. both in $$ and weight.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Thanks for that link Pete. Some useful info on there.

It would sure seem that my suspicions regarding the quality of the HD spotter were well-founded.

Matt ... I just finished reading the write-up myself ... which of your suspiicions are well founded in regards to quality. Seem the only real issue I read was the focus knob being difficult to turn.

I've been thinking about one of these for sometime.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I suspected that they were worth the coin, rather than not......sorry I guess I kind of left that one open-ended.

I've seen plenty of people spend a lot of money on gear, yet when it was said and done, a lot of times the money was wasted and just as good of gear was available for a lot less coin.

Every product demands a certain amount of money to purchase in the quality range, but several folks will go out and buy what they perceive to be the best, based on nothing except price. No question they more often than not end up with a quality product, but did they really have to spend that much to be as satisfied?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a Leupold 12-40X60HD and there is no sense in repeating the positive comments of previous posters. I can't imagine it not being adequate except for the most discriminating of users.

I discussed the HD vs non HD with a Leupold service rep. He said in his opinion the only advantage the HD has is if you want to use the scope in conjunction with a camera. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally I can't imagine needing to spend more.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.