Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've hit a few things with them. wink

Here's a five shot group with the 500 at 50 yards:

[Linked Image]

Here's a three shot group with the 460 at 25 yards:

[Linked Image]

They both shoot better than I can unless I get a little luck goin' like that 460 group. smile

I've used both pistols on hogs in Texas a few years back. I don't think I took one inside of 60 yards and the longest shot was 110 on a dead trot. grin

Both sights are Bushnell Holosights. A first generation and a newer one that uses AA batteries. I love them. Best thing on a handgun I've came across yet. They don't project a laser beam on the target but appear to impose a lighted reticle on the target. Same technology that F16's use, I understand, but I don't have one of those. grin

I've never tried one handing them, though it would be no big deal. I'd never try to shoot both at once for fear they'd meet someplace under recoil and put a couple of ugly dings in that nice stainless. eek wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My bud uses his 445 SuperMag and some of my softnoses for deer; When he wants to know how well it smacks the steel he makes me shoot it. grin
[Linked Image]

I need to get the scope back on the 45/70 BFR....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You don't see many of those. Neat gun!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
All I have is a 29-2, a 629-5 Mountain Gun and a 30/30 Contender. My guns want to be what you guys got when they grow up.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
I've hit a few things with them. wink

Here's a five shot group with the 500 at 50 yards:

[Linked Image]

Here's a three shot group with the 460 at 25 yards:

[Linked Image]

They both shoot better than I can unless I get a little luck goin' like that 460 group. smile

I've used both pistols on hogs in Texas a few years back. I don't think I took one inside of 60 yards and the longest shot was 110 on a dead trot. grin

Both sights are Bushnell Holosights. A first generation and a newer one that uses AA batteries. I love them. Best thing on a handgun I've came across yet. They don't project a laser beam on the target but appear to impose a lighted reticle on the target. Same technology that F16's use, I understand, but I don't have one of those. grin

I've never tried one handing them, though it would be no big deal. I'd never try to shoot both at once for fear they'd meet someplace under recoil and put a couple of ugly dings in that nice stainless. eek wink

Man those are big holes. Nice shooting for sure with so much weight, you must be a big fella. Desert eagles use similiar bullets is that correct? Thanks for posting .

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lot of nice cannons pictured here. Here is my contribution, a Magnum Research .45-70 BFR ("Biggest Finest Revolver"):
[Linked Image]

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Not into handcannons. I think a handgun oughta be HANDY, and those things are just too big for my tastes. The Bisley Rugers are the limit for me.
Arthritis limits me to the .45 Colt and .44 Magnums. Anything more, and I hurt too much for enjoyment. If I don't enjoy it, why bother???

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Arthritis limits me to the .45 Colt and .44 Magnums. Anything more, and I hurt too much for enjoyment. If I don't enjoy it, why bother???
You're obviously right. If ain't fun, it ain't happening for me either.

When I bought my two X-framed Smiths, I was 5 years younger and healthy all the way around. Now I've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders, the last one three months ago and the first three years ago. Not sure how, when and if I will pursue the hand cannons from here. They certainly torque the shoulders, and I know I would not shoot either for at least 6 months.

My 10mm Glock or 460 Rowland 1911 are no problem, but have been shooting them a little one handed with the healed shoulder. Not putting any strain on the one that's still tender. I'm thinking I might look into another 454 Casull, probably a Raging Bull again, and load it down to stiff 45 Colt territory for everyday fun and go from there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Used to shoot the big ones like the .454 Casull, in fact killed a lot of game with it inclusing my first moose, but like ratsmacker I enjoy shooting. I developed tendonitis in my right arm which precludes the heavy stuff and archery, but I still like my 44 mags and they do the trick!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
You're obviously right. If ain't fun, it ain't happening for me either.

When I bought my two X-framed Smiths, I was 5 years younger and healthy all the way around. Now I've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders, the last one three months ago and the first three years ago. Not sure how, when and if I will pursue the hand cannons from here. They certainly torque the shoulders, and I know I would not shoot either for at least 6 months.

My 10mm Glock or 460 Rowland 1911 are no problem, but have been shooting them a little one handed with the healed shoulder. Not putting any strain on the one that's still tender. I'm thinking I might look into another 454 Casull, probably a Raging Bull again, and load it down to stiff 45 Colt territory for everyday fun and go from there.

You will be able to recover and shoot your S&W. I had an accident 3 or so years ago and I lost my rotator cuff in me right shoulder, it took 2years but I still shoot my 475's and 500's

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I could still hunt with them I used these [Linked Image] all .41RemMags. the extra cylinder for the camo gun is in .41GNR. There three S&W, three Rugers and a Taurus Ti Tracker. Loaded the same load for all of them a 250g hard cast with enough 2400 to push it at 1100-1287fps depending on the gun the load was used in. Never recovered a bullet even from the cow bison at 67 yards or big piggies up close and personal. Of those pictured still have all the Smiths and the Tracker in my safe. Not pictured are all the T/C Contenders I had in .41caliber; four frames and 7 barrels. Only have one of those left.
Pete

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I came back to shooting them after the right one fully healed. Like yours, it took me nearly two years before I cared to try it again, but things went fine after I did. The groups I posted were post first surgery. Now that I'm working off two repairs, I am giving some consideration to moving to something less impactful. I like the big guns and find the weight advantageous to steady the shot, but I also don't think there's anything I would want to shoot that would not be handled by a heavy 45 Colt or Casull.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 21, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1moredeer, 57 invisible), 15,248 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,834
Posts18,537,116
Members74,047
Most Online17,050
1 second ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.