-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 284 of 1,842 1 2 282 283 284 285 286 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have lucked out here. It has not snowed much and the lakes in the area froze pretty good before it did snow.

Even Lake 6 across the road is already froze over. That don't usually happen till late. Our other golden used to go swimming in late December.

Maybe we will actually get our house out this year. We have not had it out for 2 years. We put it on Lake 7 and the ice has not been good.

If anyone is interested we have an 8'X 16' fish house for sale. If interested I will tell more about it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Does it float like Dave's. grin

I just ran to get my dad his Christmas present, and it's snowing like a basturd already. Slippery too.

We don't usually have real good, safe, ice until around Christmas any way.Which happens to work out well for the bluegill bite around here.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like the entire midwest is in for a rough couple of days.

Dave, minus 20 makes a lot of ice for sure. We've been getting heavy snow the past 2 years here in December which really insulates the lakes. Doesn't make for good ice and the slush that forms makes it hard to get out on the lakes.

Probably have a couple of pools going already on when the first idiot puts his truck through the ice.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Probably have a couple of pools going already on when the first idiot puts his truck through the ice.

My money is December 17th....Lake Wausau. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I doubt it would float like Daves. It is not as well insulated as his is. It has tongue and groove inside so I'm sure it is alot heavier.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Muffy
I doubt it would float like Daves. It is not as well insulated as his is. It has tongue and groove inside so I'm sure it is alot heavier.

So much could be made of this, but I am still overwhelmed by all the turkey humping going on. :0

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So Muffy, you have a fish house for sale? can you tell me more about it. exactly the size i am looking for. Got any pictures for me? i have a smaller 8x10 but would like to get that extra room for the kids...

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'll send you both each other's e-mail adresses so you can discuss the fish house. Buschy, I think you'd like that one.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Buschy,

I think you need to buy Muffy's house, and attach yours to it.

I dub thee.... Ice Palace. Think of the Crapolade that thing would hold. grin

It'd take two trips to get it out there, but it would rock.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i wish i could have a nice cool one right now. i may just go home and sit in mine to see if it helps me think clearer. i know when i got home froms daves' the other night i was thinking clear but not seeing straight....we may need that house sooner than ever the way these temps are....

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, did you ever buy a snoblower? Streets are slippery here too, but only about 3/4 inch of snow so far and it's been snowing all day.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Tom, did you ever buy a snoblower? Streets are slippery here too, but only about 3/4 inch of snow so far and it's been snowing all day.

No Bill, I changed the plug and the oil, and that dang thing fired right up on the first pull like it has for the last 11 years. Just can't buy one when does that.

It is starting to rust pretty bad though. In the "bucket" area, and the cables are stretched, you have to re-tighten them about every 3 uses.

Hard to spend $1200 when I don't have to.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I hear ya about spending the $.

Channel 7 is reporting that we have around 10 inches here so far. Still snowing, but the wind is the big issue right now. Looks like I've got at least a 3 foot drift in front of the garage.

The Toro is going to earn its keep today.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
guys that sucks, your lake ice is going to be junk.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just got done knocking out the driveway. We get tons of wind here, since our house is built in an old farm. 3-4' drift in front of the garage door. I don't know how my wife blasted through it with the Taurus, but she did. Ford tough I guess. grin

That ol MTD Blower fires nice...choke, 3 pumps on the primer, and pulll. Purrs like a kitten.

I'll have to do it again when we get home though.

I had to help the neighbor lady get her 4wheeler out of the ditch twice. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We got about 2-3 inches at most here. Lots of wind as well. Wasnt too cold, about 4 above last nite. I am glad I am not one of the guys working on my house today. Today is the day I love a desk job!

I was in the cities yesterday and you should have seen all the cars in the ditch and the accidents. Man, I am convinced half the people dont belong on the road down there.

I stopped at Cabelas and man, was I dissapointed. They have alwasy been a little high, but I think they have jacked their prices even more! mad I saw a rack of hunting pants that I was interested in for my brother for Xmas. Almost all the tags had the price ripped off and replaced with another ($79.99). Except one had the original price, $44.95. I left. They also changed that return policy as well (for the worse). I am afraid that store is going down hill fast. Wasnt very busy in there either.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
cabela's doens't do it for me anymore. Stores like that used to be cheaper than the mom and pop shop's to get rid of them...not anymore. I'll pay extra for mom and pop any day, but now around here, they're cheaper.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just got back in from snow blowing and shoveling. No way to tell how much snow we've got so far. Three foot drifts in some spots and bare cement in others. Based on the what the TV reports have been, I'm going to guess that we'll be right around a foot by the time it's done.

Still getting some light snow. Wind is the big issue right now. Haven't seen a snow plow yet so we'll still have that to deal with too. frown

Tom, have to agree with you about Cabela's. Prices have gone way up the past couple of years. Haven't been at the Richmond store in about a year now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maple lake is making ice hand over fist as near as I can guess.
Dave I tore into my auger the other day, it was the centrifugal clutch that shattered, so I ordered a new one should be here monday.
I'm heading to my buddies place this weekend to build a 6'6"X 12 fishouse out of old garage door panels (insulated) shouldn't be too heavy.

I wish I had a trailer I could build it on, we're gonna transport it with a flatbed to get it to the lake.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Where the heck you been? thought you were lost. smile

Did you get a Wapati?

Page 284 of 1,842 1 2 282 283 284 285 286 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.