Hop To
Page 285 of 1,842 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
damn cold up here again this morning.

-21 last night when i went to bed, -17 this morning when i left home.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We had -8 when I went to work. Coldest it's been all year. I think I chipped an ear on the walk into the office.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't been yet.
its finals time so over the last week and a half I wrote 2 8 page research papers, 2 three pager papers, took 2 finals and did 4 days down at grandpa and grandmas for family early christmas so I can still make it home in 2 weeks for elk hunting.
so my online time has been very limited, and for research at that.
hopefully soon I'll be able to breathe and make it out fishing or hunting, I need a break from all this indoor book learnin

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dang book learnin'. laugh

I figured it was that or elk hunting. Good luck on the finals. One of the many reasons I have no desire to go back to college. Unless I could live in the dorms. that has it's advantages. grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Speaking of elk I would like to share that the wife and I both got our cow elk last Sunday afternoon. I was so happy that she got one, her hunting luck the last few years has been terrible. We hunted with www.fulldrawoutfitters.net in the Trinidad Co. area. Pictures of our elk are on their website. I can not say enough good things about Fred and Michele Eichler and the whole crew at Fulldraw outfitters.

Deer season was a tough one this year, 2 deer for eight hunter but to finish off the hunting season with the two elk was great.
I am happy to share with the group that posts on this thread as I consider you all friends that I just haven't met yet.

I rarely post but always read this thread, so thanks for letting me be a part of this family..

Terry

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Terry that's awesome!

Big congrats to you and your wife that's fantastic!!!

Terry I really hope it's ok that I post these up here.

I went in & found your photos & thought it would be nice to post them after your news above, please feel free to add what ever story you care to share.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Howdy Terry,
I see there is a collar on that there cow you shot. Did you shoot someones pet again??? confused grin

In all seriousness, did you learn anything about it? Did you have to do anything special with it? Are you going to prison forever for it? Been nice knowin' ya, hope they let you use the computer in the joint so you can hear about all our adventures. grin

Nice elk and i bet it was really cool to share it with the wife! Lucky dog!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey ND, Guess what, huntins not done yet. We get another 10 days or so starting the 26th-10th. wow. i have to jump a zone but i know an area to go i think. Coming up Tzone!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Are you kidding me???

Just when i thought i'd get some rest lol!!

Bring it on!! Woooo!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No, Bushcy....I'm not gonna make 'er up. We have Christmas' coming out our ears here. Fartherest north I'm going to make it is Duluth, next weekend.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
another season for chickenbuck? is it so?
hmmmmm sounds like the makings of a really fun new years eve gathering.........

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
damn right!! grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats to both you and the wife Terry. Nothin like late season Elk to finish off the year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, you can keep that minus 20 stuff.

Colorado, good luck on the finals.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just finished eating NY cuts from the elk for supper. They were great. We then went down to Best Buy to pick up another freezer, with 2 elk, 2 antelope and one deer we just needed more room.

Hunt report..
Drove to Sterling Co and overnighted. Got up at 5 am to a snow storm and drove to Trinidad. Called the outfitter Fred Eichler of Fulldraw outfitters about noon and were met and taken to his place outside of Trinidad, with a great view of the Spanish Peaks. Fred had us move into the house with his family. Thought the wife and I would be more comfortable there than in the other house with 5 other hunters, all guys. Then Fred ask if we would like to go out hunting that afternoon and start our hunt early. We said sure and our guide Ed picked us up about 230 and we headed for one of the ranches Fred hunts, This ranch was Freds own.

Upon arriving at the ranch Ed pointed out a lower field that a father, son and grandson took cows in that morning. Saw several coyotes on the gut piles. We went to another section of the ranch and drove the ranch roads looking for fresh tracks. Not finding any we were heading for another ranch when we went by the lower field and saw a heard, about 50 cows on the hill above. Ed got us down to the field and about 200 yards from the elk. I shot the one with the tracking collar and the wife got another big cow. It was about a 100 yard drag down the mountain to where we could get the truck. Fred happened by and we loaded them whole into the truck and it was off to the butcher in Raton NM.

Monday, our first day of the hunt, our guide Ed took us sight seeing. We stopped at the Whittington center and got a few souvenirs. Tuesday we toured Trinidad on our own. Wed. we picked up the Elk a headed home.

The collar will be turned over to the research group later this month and I will check back with Fred in January to get the info on the elk.

This morning we got an e-mail from Michele Eichler that Fred and Jeb, Oldest son, also took two cows in that field this morning.

That field and hill produced 8 cows this week.

Everyone at Fulldraw Outfitters were and are great folks. We couldn't have had a better time or met better people than Fred and Michele Eichler and family, 3 sons, and Ed our guide.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Iam still working on learning how to do it.

Terry

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome Terry, congrats again.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great story Terry, thanks.

Is Fred the same character in person as he is on tv? I like the show he and Michele have. Not always about the biggest rack or the highest scoring animal in the woods. It is a good show to watch.

Glad to hear you had a good hunt.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, Fred is exactly the same. They are both super folks.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats Terry...good hunting!

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is 6 inches of ice on Lake 7. We plan on putting the fish house out the end of the week, once I get it painted.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Page 285 of 1,842 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 12 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.