Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Need some advice, please and thank you!

I got a GREAT deal on a BRNO ZKK with the single set-trigger, and need some adjusting instruction. Gun is super-nice, but the great deal was for a reason: Gun was advertised as having a trigger that did not go to "set" mode at all, and would not "set" at all if the action was racked hard. I got the gun and upon taking it out of the box it looked virtually-brand new, and I think i know the issue - the "un-set" pull weight is SUPER-light! I do not have a trigger pull gauge (on order), but the trigger in "unset" mode must be well under a pound. One of the trigger guard screws has an oh-so-slight buggering to it, so my theory is that some one has adjust the "un-set" pull so light that setting it in this matter is what is causing the problem. I guess some "A-M"/amateur gunsmith (Not THIS A-M) got a bit overzealous, and this is the end result. Anyone have experience with these triggers? I would like to have the "un-set" trigger breaking at about 3 pounds, and I figger the set mode will take care of itself.

So....how does THIS A-M make the repair?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
With my CZ's / Brno when my 'smith adjusted the pull weight down the set function went away -- fine with me. I'd say you might want a professional / second opinion. Clarify whether or no you want to be able to "set" the trigger.

Last edited by agazain; 12/16/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by iambrb
Need some advice, please and thank you!

I got a GREAT deal on a BRNO ZKK with the single set-trigger, and need some adjusting instruction. Gun is super-nice, but the great deal was for a reason: Gun was advertised as having a trigger that did not go to "set" mode at all, and would not "set" at all if the action was racked hard. I got the gun and upon taking it out of the box it looked virtually-brand new, and I think i know the issue - the "un-set" pull weight is SUPER-light! I do not have a trigger pull gauge (on order), but the trigger in "unset" mode must be well under a pound. One of the trigger guard screws has an oh-so-slight buggering to it, so my theory is that some one has adjust the "un-set" pull so light that setting it in this matter is what is causing the problem. I guess some "A-M"/amateur gunsmith (Not THIS A-M) got a bit overzealous, and this is the end result. Anyone have experience with these triggers? I would like to have the "un-set" trigger breaking at about 3 pounds, and I figger the set mode will take care of itself.

So....how does THIS A-M make the repair?

The ZKK trigger didn't have an adjustment for pull weight. IIRC the set trigger had an adjustment. In set mode the trigger was pushed forward against a spring and the center portion of the trigger was engaged. when you tripped the set, the spring propelled the trigger itself to the rear tripping the sear.

I'd check to make sure the sear spring is there/hasn't been modified.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Some 602's came with two triggers. Wonder which you have??

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am so sorry - I miised this!

I have not had the time to take it out of the stock - theis is the ZKK, that being a kind of trigger within a trigger. I do want to puch it forward tomake it set. I tought you could adjust it by taking it out of the stock - something I intend to try this weekend

Any pointers or help to offer?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by agazain
Some 602's came with two triggers. Wonder which you have??

All the ZKK's came with 2 triggers. It's just a matter of pushing out a pin and swapping triggers. The set trigger is straight the other is curved like a regular trigger. If you don't have the straight trigger and spring installed it is not the set trigger.

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
ok, I better understand now. No it has both - please see new thread

_

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,112
Posts18,502,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.