Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
The pros and cons. What would I be getting myself into?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SPH300wsm

Not knowing beforehand is part of of the reason there is still people on earth...

Nationality has not that much to do with it - me thinks.

In all seriousness - the question is loaded.

Last edited by cmg; 12/22/09.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As with any women, go for the married ones. They are someone eleses problem. Russian girls can be clingy and hard to get rid of. Had one from the Bush Club for a few weeks, luck was on my side, got orders and left.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you bring one home and all of sudden her "brother" wants to come over and visit you are in trouble. Her "brother" is most likely boyfriend/husband and you are about to give your new Russian bride half of everything. LOL

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Stunning, used to the cold, will keep you warm. What's not to like?

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I use to work with one from the Ukraine, she was a babe! She later divorced her hubby due to incompatibility issues.

As with anything, there are risks involved.

MtnHtr

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like any other woman in this world there are good ones and bad ones . It will be a gamble like everything else in life. They are cute and some down right beautiful, if you find the right one then you will have a good wife if not then join the crowd of divorced souls in this world. Get to know her before you jump in the fire head first.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by cmg
Originally Posted by SPH300wsm

Not knowing beforehand is part of of the reason there is still people on earth...

Nationality has not that much to do with it - me thinks.

In all seriousness - the question is loaded.

It's not a loaded question at all. I am thinking of asking one out, and want to know if they tend to be territorial, overly possessive, etc.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There were a few that went to college in Dickinson ND on sports scholarships when I did a short stint there. Tall, blonde, beautiful. They made themselves pretty whenever they went out, which I really admired. Several would wear dresses in sub-zero conditions, which I thought was super hot. Had a g/f at the time, so was never able to capitalize. whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are you moving to Delta?

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ovishunter
If you bring one home and all of sudden her "brother" wants to come over and visit you are in trouble. Her "brother" is most likely boyfriend/husband and you are about to give your new Russian bride half of everything. LOL

That's the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm married to a lady from Ukraine. In fact we're visiting Ukraine right now.
If you want a smart woman that can be your best friend as well as all the other benefits... Start looking here! If you find one the "import paperwork" is doable. It just takes time and effort. From Ak the RT tickets are up to roughly 1200 now. It was 950 or so when I started looking 6 years ago. It's now cheap, but no one ever said women are cheap.. laugh

IMO alot of the posts above are based on rumors w/o first hand knowledge. But I've been wrong before..

PM me if I can help further.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
No, I lived in Anchortown for 6 years before retiring from the USAF, and knew several Russian/Ukrainian women when I was there. They were all very hard-working and fun to talk with, but I was always leary about getting involved with any of them.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
There were a few that went to college in Dickinson ND on sports scholarships when I did a short stint there. Tall, blonde, beautiful. They made themselves pretty whenever they went out, which I really admired. Several would wear dresses in sub-zero conditions, which I thought was super hot. Had a g/f at the time, so was never able to capitalize. whistle

That's what caught my attention, as well.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You'll never see one going out the front door with her hair in curlers or wearing 'sweats'! They take pride in their looks and that of their men. Here they're even still wearing high heels at -10c.. laugh Looks good too.
There are alot of good women here that are looking for a good man that will treat them right and are light on the drinking. They have old fashioned family values like we had as a nation before bra burning.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
BTW, livings cheap here compared to Ak too! We're thinking about retirement here during the summers.. Then back to Ak for the winter fun!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ovishunter

I call BS on this post!
You cannot get married to anyone without getting a document showing for fact that you're not married. They're anal about the paperwork and correct procedeure for anything. Everything has to be verified and 'notarized'.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Mike, I don't think he necessarily said anything about marrying one, just to beware if you brought one home with you and all of a sudden she started talking about bringing her brother home. Granted, most of the time for her to get half of everything, things would have to get matrimonial, but not always.

I'll personally be wierded out if I start dating this woman and she begins talking such.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Mike,

Bring one back for me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
LOL, What flavor? Or can I pick and choose for you? laugh Can I sample the wares too? ( LOL, my wife would kill me!)

Edit; Would you like to have one of the bovines we have at home?

Last edited by AkMike1; 12/22/09.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 2500HD, Amos63, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,674
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.