Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
So you have shot a person with a .357 Magnum before?

The plot thickens......

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Tom, do you have ANY direct experience or knowledge about defense loads in the .357 Magnum? I do.

No one wants to waste time on your posts if you don't.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Did he die?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Lee24
Tom, do you have ANY direct experience or knowledge about defense loads in the .357 Magnum? I do.

Most on the Campfire are convinced that you do not know anything factual

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
jwp475, I see you are also avoiding answering the question about your DIRECT KNOWLEDGE, or lack of it.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
DId you answer any direct question asked of you? Ever, no you haven't

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Look at my direct answer just a few posts up, on this subject.

Before you give any more advice, what actual experience and knowledge do you have about frangible ammunition for the .357 Magnum?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have any of you every killed anything bigger than a mouse with a .357 Magnum?

Have you ever seen a person shot with a .357 Magnum, with any bullet?

Ever talked to an EMT or physician who has seen a person shot with .357 snake shot, Glaser, or any other frangible projectile?

Before you cook up some 5th-grade not-so-wise crack, my answer to all those questions is, "Yes, I have."

"Delusional disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis denoting a psychotic mental disorder that is characterized by holding one or more non-bizarre delusions[1] in the absence of any other significant psychopathology. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed beliefs that are certainly and definitely false, but that could possibly be plausible, for example, someone who thinks he or she is under police surveillance. In order for the diagnosis to be made auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, although olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2] To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, somatic, and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders."

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Here you go

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Tucson, AZ So you have shot a person with a .357 Magnum before?

The plot thickens......

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

#3628618 - 7 minutes 39 seconds ago Re: 357 Shot loads for self defense? [Re: Tom264]
Lee24
Campfire Tracker

Posts: 7009 Tom, do you have ANY direct experience or knowledge about defense loads in the .357 Magnum? I do.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Loco adds himself to the list of those with no knowledge of this topic, adding to the other topics where he exposed his ignorance.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loco adds himself to the list of those with no knowledge of this topic, adding to the other topics where he exposed his ignorance.

"Delusional disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis denoting a psychotic mental disorder that is characterized by holding one or more non-bizarre delusions[1] in the absence of any other significant psychopathology. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed beliefs that are certainly and definitely false, but that could possibly be plausible, for example, someone who thinks he or she is under police surveillance. In order for the diagnosis to be made auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, although olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2] To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, somatic, and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The 3 questions I posted you are all afraid to answer are still there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work in the um, social shooting arena, and I highly recommend NOT using any "snake load" to defend yourself or others. And God help you if you relate to a police officer or other member of the judicial system you used snakeshot to "blind" an attacker.

The only .357 shot load that should ever be considered for defense again human critters is no longer made.

Remington's Load R357MB contained two (2) 70 gr. 000 Buck pellets, for a total payload of 140 grains. Got one full box of 20 rounds here at the house. When I go on trips for work I load up my 5-in. M27 for a house gun for my wife with these loads.

Keep in mind that is one-half the payload of current 2.5-in. .410 OOO loads and 2/5ths of a 3-in. load. My baby girl keeps her Coachgun .410 loaded with 3-in. 000 Buck loads...the boys have 12 ga. weapons handy along with a couple of hi-cap handguns.

Like my baby girl says, "One of those slasher movies would be 3 minutes long if they came to our house." grin

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 12/31/09.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For sure lethality without over-penetration or ricochets, Hirtenberger monoblock, EMB, and EMFJ bullets in the 9x19, .357 SIG, and .357 Magnum are the best I have found. But I haven't seen any for sale in the USA recently.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For sure lethality without over-penetration or ricochets, Hirtenberger monoblock, EMB, and EMFJ bullets in the 9x19, .357 SIG, and .357 Magnum are the best I have found. But I haven't seen any for sale in the USA recently.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The person you shot Lee.....did he/she die?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Why don't you talk about your experience, Tom?
The 3 questions I posted that you are all afraid to answer are still there.

I'll continue to post my experience with defense loads.
You can learn something from me, then go apply it some day.

I'll even provide some safe experiments for you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
The person you shot Lee.....did he/she die?
I aksed first.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No, you didn't ask first.

Even if you had, your problem is lack of experience.

You don't have to have killed someone with a particular load to know how it works, but you do have to have shot something with the loads, or seen someone who was shot with the loads, before you know anything about them.

Either you know, or you don't know.

I know, and I am posting about loads I know from experience.
If you don't believe me, research the loads on Google or whatever you use to get most of your 5th-hand information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you talk about your experience, Tom?
The 3 questions I posted you are all afraid to answer are still there.

I'll continue to post my experience with defense loads.
You can learn something from me, then go apply it some day.

I'll even provide some safe experiments for you.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.