Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Minox BD 15x58 ED BR Binocular for only $549.99

We just received our shipment, finally, of the Minox BD 15x58 ED BR Binocular. We commissioned Minox to make more of these for us as they are excellent binoculars and we were able to get them made for us to sell for only $549.99 with the Minox Tripod Adapter.

We have put together some kits that we think make sense:

Minox 15x58 with Vortex Binocular Harness Strap & Nikon Lens Pen $564.99

Minox 15x58 with Vortex Shooting Stand & Nikon Lens Pen $599.99

Minox 15x58 with Gorillapod SLR Zoom & Nikon Lens Pen $599.99

Minox 15x58 with Nikon Window Mount & Nikon Lens Pen $599.99

Minox 15x58 with Vortex High Country Tripod & Nikon Lens Pen $629.99

Minox BD 15x58 ED BR Part# 62132

It is an essential feature for many nature observers to be able to detect the very finest details even in twilight. With the range of 58 mm binoculars (8x58, 10x58 and 15x58) MINOX offers a generation of powerful binoculars with enhanced light transmission and high magnification.

When using high magnifications, color displacements are frequently encountered and these can only be fully omitted with ED glass containing fluoride. For years now these special types of glass have been used in photo optics and are predominantly applied in telephoto lenses (APO lenses = apochromatic correction). MINOX is applying this type of glass in binoculars of this calibre (10x58 and 15x58). The result is quite outstanding: these binoculars can provide unadulterated rendering of the finest color definitions in the feathers of rare bird species viewed over long distances.

It goes without saying that the new 58 series is fitted with all the features which distinguish the other well established MINOX binoculars; large field of view of up to 6.5 degrees, short close focus range of < 4.9m, robust aluminium body, extendible eyecup and excellent viewing for people wearing glasses. The argon gas filling prevents misting up of the optical system on the inside, even under extreme temperature fluctuations.

This binocular is provided with a case, a wide neoprene strap & a tripod adapter.

If you have any questions please give Doug or Neil a call or send a PM or e-mail.

Thanks for the continued support.

Do you have all the stuff in your store at Lexington Ave.? Even the special offers?
Thanks
Venator.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes we do

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Stupid question. Other then these obviously being higher power and larger how would you rate these against the Nikon Monarch X 10.5 x 45? The Nikon's are a little more money, but were rated high in a recent article in F&S.

I'm trying to decide what bino to purchse - new hunter, first time bino purchase. Pig and Deer in California and Missouri (when visiting relatives).

Thanks,

Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have never used the Minox or any "big eyes" for that matter, but I live in Missouri and hunt deer here and can tell you I know of no reason whatsoever to use 15x58 sized binoculars doing that. For what it's worth, just yesterday I ordered a pair of the Minox HGs in 10x52, which I think will work just fine for my hunting over large CRP fields from an elevated box blind. Can't see the need for anything more powerful than that here. Just my two cents...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crusader you are gonna love your HG's. I got the 8.5x43's and I took one look thru them and fell in love. I never owned a small pair of bins until the little HG's I got and I am set in that category for life!

To be honest with everyone. I have owned and used about all big eyes out there. Zeiss, Swaro, Leica, Fujinon, Minox, Docter and so on. I have used them, tested them and posted on most of them. I still need to get my hands on and eye thru a pair of Kaibab 15x56's.
In any event, I have not found an optic with the quality, affordability, and the hanging with the big three like the Minox brand. I have used and owned the first big eyes 15x58 Minox with the center diopter focus, the new 15x58 ED BR and my favorite 13x56's.
At half the price, 3/4th the price or 1/3rd the price of Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski, the Minox line holds tight with them. It is tough for me to see the difference between the 4 except when I go to pay.
I am not a fan of reccommending anything I have not tried or used. Minox I have used alot! As I have the other three big names. And for me to risk my reputation by backing a product I believe in is not a risk at all but a good thing to help save you guys money.
If you guys want to buy the others, fine they each serve a purpose, but until Swaro, Zeiss or Leica come out with a 15x60 I am done with them because I now find them over priced. I still love my Swaro's don't get me wrong, but if I had to buy another pair, I probably would pass and go with Minox or Vortex.
Then again not every optic fits every set of eyes. The Minox may be too small or to big, I know narrow eyed people can't use Swaro's very well. Well now there is another option.

Now I get to Doug and Cameraland. Point is simple. I am a customer service man and as far as I am concerned, none beat the cameraland crew! They are great, they offer great deals, and they make things somewhat affordable compared to others. For that A big THANK YOU doug and cameraland.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
do they make the APO in 8 x 33? still looking for a smaller binoc in midprice range.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The APO at this time does not feature an 8x33. The current 8x33 HG is still available @ $399.99, the next generation one which will be made in Germany will be over $1000.00. Those who have the current version love them and for the price it is a screamin' deal

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug,

Where are the Minox 15x58 ED BR models made? How would you compare them to the Swarovski 15x56 SLC's?

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Made in Japan. Very close, but not quite as good as the Swaro

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Minox BD 15x58 ED BR Binocular for only $549.99

We just received our shipment, finally, of the Minox BD 15x58 ED BR Binocular. We commissioned Minox to make more of these for us as they are excellent binoculars and we were able to get them made for us to sell for only $549.99 with the Minox Tripod Adapter.

Doug, Is this offer still available?

Thanks!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes it is

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I spent a lot of time behind this bino this year and I'm impressed. WAY less eye fatigue than what I was used to with a spotter and I was using it out to 4-5 miles. Not hard to love this one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How seriously should I take the listed operating temperature specification?

Operating temperature:
-10� to + 45�

I suppose from the range this is Centigrade and so the negative ten degrees Centigrade is not very cold for hunting.

The kits are certainly attractively priced and include things I'd need to buy anyway.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't worry about temps too much. I have used these Minox, my 15xSwaro's both in temps ranging from the low teens in the morning to the high 70's on the same day. At the time, I have used these in over 100 degrees. They work and work well. The pair I have been using for the last couple years have been the Minox 13x56's and I also own the 15x58 Minox in question and the 15x56 Swaro's. Minox products do the job at a lower price. The reason there is not as much hoopla about them is because they don't advertise as much as the big three or been around as long. Operating temperature might be a concern, but I doubt it.
If you buy these 15x big eyes at $549 you are not loosing much than if you bought the 15x56 swaro for $1900.
Price, value and performance is the main reason I will never buy another big eye from the big three. Vortex, Minox, fujinon and others make big eyes that are just as good as what the big three puts out and for way less. Now if the big three made a true big eye (15x60) I might change my mind, but since they can't I am done with them.

Buy these 15x58's for that price and you are going to be way happy with them. If you are not since you bought them at a very very good price, you can sell them for what you have in them and still be ahead. But after you use them you'll keep them, trust me.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Crusader
I have never used the Minox or any "big eyes" for that matter, but I live in Missouri and hunt deer here and can tell you I know of no reason whatsoever to use 15x58 sized binoculars doing that. For what it's worth, just yesterday I ordered a pair of the Minox HGs in 10x52, which I think will work just fine for my hunting over large CRP fields from an elevated box blind. Can't see the need for anything more powerful than that here. Just my two cents...

In california a lot of people including myself use spotting scopes to spot deer at a distance or bedded,during the middle of the day.the mountains here are steep and rugged and using these produts save a lot of boot leather and wear and tear on the old body lol.i know several people who consistently take nice deer during the middle of the day using spotters/big eyes.i may have to go to the big eyes,since spotters tend to give me eye strain when used for long periods of time.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
H
H
I will be ordering a pair shortly. I have/use a swarovski spotter in wyoming for prairie whitetails, mulies, and antelope. I think this will be the ticket for glassing from the pickup and off a tripod. This should really help eliminate going back and forth from binocs to spotter, and will limit us to using the spotter to really judge a buck.
Plus I really want a new toy. grin

Last edited by hawkhunts; 12/30/09.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Mine is on its way! Heck of a deal. Thanks Doug.

I really had to debate going as high as 15x, but my eyes are no longer young and I recently had a hard time identifying how many points a buck had when he came into a field toward dark. About all I could determine was that he was at least a six, and that just was not good enough to shoot.

Some of our fields are a half mile end to end, so these should help. Who knows, I may see more deer also.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hey J Scott, any field report on the 15x58?

T
tmh Offline
T
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting these but I am a little puzzle as to why these sell for less than the BL 13x56 which does not have ED glass? This make me think that the only way they can be made for this price is if Minox had them made in china under Minox's own specs? Earlier these were selling for about $1000 so that sound more reasonably priced but now I just don't understand how they can still be made in Japan for less than the BL 13x56?

Also I have heard that the IPD may be too wide for small faces? Can you tell me the closest IPD? I really want to get these except for the questions I have just posted. Thanks for your help.

Tony

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tony,
These are the same Made in Japan ones that two years ago we sold for $1049.99. Minox stopped making them about a year and a half ago. At that time we commissioned them to make more for us and we were able to work it out to basically offer them at half off.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,700
Posts18,513,746
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.