Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have never seen much of huskys except for mil surplus (I live close to Simpson's). I was in another dealer today and asked him if he happened to have any left hand rifles. His eyes lit up as he went over to the case and pulled out a left hand Carl Gustaf in 338. He said that it was a package with another barreled action in 30-06. Both actions appeared unfired. The wood on this setup was fancy +. The actions were Jewelled and had hinged floorplates that were scroll engraved and gold lined. I know nothing about these gustaf guns except they seemed very well put together. He was asking $1100 for the package. Does this seem like a decend price?

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is Simpson's, in the US or Canada?
It seems like a decent price if they are not grossley overworked M95/96 small ringed.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by medicman
It seems like a decent price if they are not grossley overworked M95/96 small ringed.
Randy

I don't understand

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by medicman
Randy

http://www.simpsonltd.com/

- Henry Ford
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
the Carl Gustaf mauser has quality unsurpassed and is one tuff dog to beat........

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That's a good price for what amounts to two rifles. The lefties seem to be pretty rare; I have seen a lot of Husqvarna's other than the ones I own; and I have never seen a left hand model.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The dealer told me that these actions are the later model High grade Commerical model w/ the sako type extractor. I have no clue what that means, except they looked well built and felt very smooth.

- Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the seventies some Swedes were worked into 30-06 but were not strong enough. These are modern so should be a great gun. Even the sedes were really well made, but small ring mausers. If these are commercial that would be a great price here in Canada

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
This thread seems to be a bit confusing.... The O.P. is talking about a Commercial Carl Gustaf. (Or at least one would assume so, since the S.R. 96's were never made in LH.) Therefore any reference to sporterized mil-surps, would not apply.

As Carl Gustaf took over Husqvarna in about 1972, I would think that the OP is referring to the M-8000 actioned rifle. Altho' I have never heard of them being made in LH. Or perhaps the rifle in question was the later M-2000 and M-3000 that IIRC used the Sig-Sauer action, reminescent of the Colt-Sauer rifle of the 1970's.

I don't recall that the Carl Gustaf rifles have been imported since the mid '90's. Seemed like they changed importers every year or two. frown

At one time they were imported by Aimpoint and then they were imported by Precision Sales of Westfield, MA. I'm sure there were likely other importers...

I cannot find any reference to LH models in any of the actions mentioned. frown

Hope this helps clear up the confuion...

Grasshopper

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
This thread seems to be a bit confusing.... The O.P. is talking about a Commercial Carl Gustaf. (Or at least one would assume so, since the S.R. 96's were never made in LH.) Therefore any reference to sporterized mil-surps, would not apply.

As Carl Gustaf took over Husqvarna in about 1972, I would think that the OP is referring to the M-8000 actioned rifle. Altho' I have never heard of them being made in LH. Or perhaps the rifle in question was the later M-2000 and M-3000 that IIRC used the Sig-Sauer action, reminescent of the Colt-Sauer rifle of the 1970's.

I don't recall that the Carl Gustaf rifles have been imported since the mid '90's. Seemed like they changed importers every year or two. frown

At one time they were imported by Aimpoint and then they were imported by Precision Sales of Westfield, MA. I'm sure there were likely other importers...

I cannot find any reference to LH models in any of the actions mentioned. frown

Hope this helps clear up the confuion...

Grasshopper

So, what would I be looking for in these Commercial models? Is one better than the others, or are they all quality pieces for the most part? These actions have a safety on the side that appears to be stamped and the mag well latch is in the front of the trigger gaurd(if that helps id them at all).

Last edited by whitedogone; 01/07/10.

- Henry Ford
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Does your rifle look like a left-handed version of this?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/2913934/Husqvarna_M8000_30_06_for_sale

$1,100 for 2 left-handed rifles.
You decide, but you are unlikely to ever see them again.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
WDG,

The latest of the Carl Gustaf actions i.e: Mod 3000 used a Sauer action. These actions are characterized by their 60* bolt lift. Also they had an ejection port rather that the open action like most bolt actions. Thus, they are fairly distinctive... Like this: http://www.gunsamerica.com/91681601...Deluxe_cal_270_Win_Bolt_action_Rifle.htm

The older one on the Husqvarna M-8000 action looks like this:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/952483448/Guns/Rifles/C-Misc-Rifles/Carl_Gustav_7_Rem_Mag.htm#

I do hope this is some value to you...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one that Lee posted was mine and I believe they are referred to as the 8000/9000 series. They are super smooth and very accurate. I bought three of those and still have two of them.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
WDG,

The latest of the Carl Gustaf actions i.e: Mod 3000 used a Sauer action. These actions are characterized by their 60* bolt lift. Also they had an ejection port rather that the open action like most bolt actions. Thus, they are fairly distinctive... Like this: http://www.gunsamerica.com/91681601...Deluxe_cal_270_Win_Bolt_action_Rifle.htm

The older one on the Husqvarna M-8000 action looks like this:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/952483448/Guns/Rifles/C-Misc-Rifles/Carl_Gustav_7_Rem_Mag.htm#

I do hope this is some value to you...

GH

Looks a lot like this one:

Except that one looks like it is sitting in a peice of birch compared to the one I am thinking about picking up (no offense RDfinn)...

Last edited by whitedogone; 01/07/10.

- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lee24
Does your rifle look like a left-handed version of this?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/2913934/Husqvarna_M8000_30_06_for_sale

$1,100 for 2 left-handed rifles.
You decide, but you are unlikely to ever see them again.

Yes, The mag well and latch looks looks like that one. I really don't have much use for the 338. But....

- Henry Ford
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No offense taken. Most of their wood came from lightly used park benches I believe. I'm no expert on those even though I owned three, but if the 06 barreled action has a mag box included you probably could just do a swap. Maybe someone here with more knowledge of these could tell if there would be any problem doing that.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The extra action is complete. Just loosen the 2 action screws, remove action, and bolt the other one in. The extra action still has the bolt handle end covered in rubber that looks like it was that way from the factory. The action that sits in the stock has that same dipped rubber stuff on the factory rings.

Last edited by whitedogone; 01/08/10.

- Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy them if you are LH.They are the rifle that Husqvarna designed when they had a free hand to do as they wanted. Carl Gustav took over the Husqvarna rifle making,that's why the Carl Gustav markings.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1, really nice rifles, which are few and far between for lefties.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by whitedogone; 01/09/10.

- Henry Ford
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,050
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.