Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Mrs.Palin has now risen to her best and highest station in life: a talking head, one of Hannity's babes. If this doesn't take her out of serious consideration for high office nothing will. She will follow Huckabee into talk show oblivion.

This is where she will serve the Conservative cause best.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by 340boy
Looking back on my earlier posts on this thread, I think I gave the impression that I was being disrespectful to JO.

While I obviously don't agree with his political views, I would still share a campfire with him any day as I don't think he is a bad guy.

Last time I checked, it was still legal to vote for whomever presidential canidate you desire.
grin

FWIW.

DITTOS +1

Yep +2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking back on my earlier posts on this thread, I think I gave the impression that I was being disrespectful to JO.

Boo [bleep] hoo............

While I obviously don't agree with his political views, I would still share a campfire with him any day as I don't think he is a bad guy.

Yeah, I guess if you looked around a little, you could probably find some nitwits that think Adolph Hitler wasn't a "bad guy" either.

Last time I checked, it was still legal to vote for whomever presidential canidate you desire.
grin

And exactly what has this to do with the price of tea in China?

In case you haven't noticed, no one here has ever questioned the right (legality) of someone to vote for whomever they please, but once they make who they voted for public information, others certainly have the right to question their decision!!!

I realize this stuff may be difficult for you to comprehend, but I'm sure Jeff_O (short for Obama) would be happy to explain it all to you while you guys snuggle up together "sharing your campfire".

FWIW.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by derby_dude

grin

FWIW.

DITTOS +1

Yep +2

Hey, thanks guys. I don't care about getting bashed; I've got pretty thick Campfire callouses these days... but it's still always nice to read posts like those.

Now I better page back a couple pages because I suspect if you guys went out of your way to say that, I've REALLY been getting bashed!! grin Might have to do some bashing back!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After reading all these posts, the one thing I can't believe is that no one has posted this picture yet. Here's my contribution.

[Linked Image]

This alone makes her more qualified to be President than BHO. I am not saying she is the most qualified, just more so than the current resident of the White House.

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That blue tape on the barrel will seal the deal for the campfire.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was checking out her boobs and just noticed it out of the corner of my eye, in case any of you were wondering...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did the tape scare you?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

-Free markets. Love 'em, not that they really exist anyway but that another topic;

-Person freedom, accountability, and responsibility.

-Small government. PLEASE! Cut the [bleep] thing down to size. Including the military. Stop the global meddling.

Those would all be jim-dandy, if you hand't have negated them with the next list. And pretty much everything the left agenda is about (people you much mor commonly align with than the right) strives to override and remove and destroy everything on your list. You don't look like a centerist to me.

-pro-Choice;

Everyone has a right to live except human infants. You're negating one from your list.

-pro-environment; it's all we have and with this many phookin' people, there's just no alternative but regulation in this regard;

Oops. There goes the small government idea. Negated.

And there goes the free market idea, too. Negated.

-support equal rights and privelages for all law-abiding adult humans.

Including the right to kill their babies? And use unconstitutionally confiscated tax moneys pay for it? What happened to the accountability and responsibility? Doesn't apply when they get pregnant, I reckon. More negating. And I'm sure you're thinking of homos when writing that. They don't want anything equal, they want greater-than-equal status for themselves.

What consenting adults do is not the State's business, nor is denying anyone rights or privilidges based on that.

Agreed on drug use. Also I'll agree with that about homos if they'd keep in in their home. But they won't. It doesn't belong on every tv show, in the church pulpits, behind the front desk of classrooms, inside the scoutleader's shirt nor any other place children happen to be. And I damn sure don't want it marching up and down the streets dressed as a rainbow and pronouncing its "pride".

And it doesn't belong on a marriage license, either. Marriage is for a man and a woman who want to become husband and wife. Homos do not qualify. By definition.

-against un-Cnstitutionally forcing religion into public institutions such as schools and courtrooms.

Those public institutions BEGAN with the 10 commandments on their walls. If people don't like it they don't have to stop and read it. They're free to disbelieve if they choose but should leave other people alone about it. But they won't. Just like the homos they want greater-than-equal status. They hate their Creator so much they'd have every mentnion of Him removed forever and make sure no one ever spoke His name again. Smartest thing they could do is the same as the homos, sit down and shut up. They're awakening a sleeping giant, these 2 groups, and They're going to get stomped on really, really hard if they don't sit down and shut up about it. That's been my advice to homos and anti-Christians for a long, long time. They're gonna learn the hard way. Very soon, too.

-pro-union. A necessary evil.

Just another damned bureacracy. And like the many too many government bureaucracies, another that forces people to do things that if left freedom of choice they wouldn't do. You're espousing big government like behavior in the hands of a small private group. I see no diffference.
Unions ARE evil, but certainly not a necessity. In fact, it appears to me they've lined themselves up for some inevitable stomping just like the homos and God haters have.

Howdy Archerhunter!

Where to begin... I'm not sure I can get the quotes right with it already chopped up so I'm just going to address that stuff in order, but all in one block as it were.

First, abortion. I have kids. I know what it means to reproduce. I am all for protecting human infants. A first-trimester fetus is not an infant. This is easy to prove logically. Further, adults make decisions all the time that kill children when it's deemed to be politically necessary.

But at the root of it, an adult female's rights to self-determination trump whatever rights a first trimester fetus might have.

As a fetus grows, the "bundle of rights" (as we put it in the real estate world) slides over to the now-infant, to the point at which by the time it's at term, the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the adult! For example, an adult has the right to get drunk. However a very pregnant woman should not, in my opinion, because at that point they have made the decision to be a vessal for a child, and the child is a viable entity.

Environmentalism. I agree, this is a contradiction to any kind of libertarian leanings a person might have. Unfortunatly it's a necessary contradiction (as often happens in the real, as opposed to theoretical "internet" world).

But, there's too many people doing too much damage to something we all share. The only solution is some sort of onerous regulation. Examples abound. Nuff said.

I don't think environmentalism NEGATES a free market or the idea of small government, but it certainly infringes on them. No argument. But then, it would be trivial to find examples in modern American "conservative" thinking that also infringe on free markets and small government, too.

Religion in public places. Your statement is so out there that I made it bold for emphasis.

The 10 Commandments categorically do NOT belong on courthouse walls as that is an explicit endorsement of a religion by government. Period. The fact that they used to be there is irrelevant to their Constitutionality. Lots of things used to be done that weren't right.

As to how people like me should be scared of the religious right, well, I am!! I keep an assault rifle in the closet partly because if society breaks down, it's my belief that the wacko right will attempt to subvert everything we hold dear as Americans and assert a religious tyranny. What you just said basically affirms that.

Homos. For them to live in the open is not flaunting. It's free people living freely. For you to deny that shows one of the contradictions in YOUR political philosophy that I simply won't accept.

And NO, I am not, have never been, and never will be a homo.

In the end, Archer, what you are saying amounts to "you should respect my God". Virtually all your comments are based around an omnipresent, imaginary diety that you want the laws of our society to reflect. That, sir, is insane.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 01/14/10. Reason: mistakes were made...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You should have simply quit with your post above!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
Did the tape scare you?

It did!

Spooked me right away from the feeder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a life.
If memory serves, you were the one whining about JO 'ruining your entire day' whenever he made a post.

If you had half a [bleep] brain, you would just put JO on ignore and leave it at that,instead you practically have a stroke every time he posts.
He must be laughing at you...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tim,

I have him on ignore, and he is the ONLY person I have on ignore. There's just nothing "there" and there's no point arguing with someone who's only contribution is bile... in giant red letters half the time.

But I do sneak a peak every now and then and yes, the dude cracks me up! It's like a tempest in a teapot or a toddler throwing a fit. Comedy.

If he does have a stroke it'd be good for the gene pool so I consider it a public service to keep on postin'.... grin...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff,
Yeah, I just put him on ignore also.
Should have done it a while back...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe a person, whether I agree with them or not, who has risen to the top elected position in the land, surely must be knowledgeable about politics. Not only knowledgeable, but an expert. Not knowing your background, and making the statement I did, are not incongruous. I simply feel that by virtue of them being where they are, they not only know a lot about political theory and philosophies, but have a real "boots on the ground" real life working grasp of what is needed to win, and maintain power. Quite possibly more than most people in the country, even those in the business. You may be, and probably are, the exception to this. I apologize.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"First, abortion. I have kids. I know what it means to reproduce. I am all for protecting human infants. A first-trimester fetus is not an infant. This is easy to prove logically. Further, adults make decisions all the time that kill children when it's deemed to be politically necessary.

But at the root of it, an adult female's rights to self-determination trump whatever rights a first trimester fetus might have.

As a fetus grows, the "bundle of rights" (as we put it in the real estate world) slides over to the now-infant, to the point at which by the time it's at term, the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the adult! For example, an adult has the right to get drunk. However a very pregnant woman should not, in my opinion, because at that point they have made the decision to be a vessal for a child, and the child is a viable entity."

At what point does the fetus become an infant? The way you explain it sounds like birth.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't have it both ways that a women drinking or smoking during pregnancy is harming a fetus, if someone kills that pregnant women he can be charged with a double homicide, but if the women thinks raising a child interferes with her lifestyle, no problem to go and have it ripped limb to limb by a quack with a super sucker.

I honestly can't understand the thought process of pro-choicers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First trimester is where I personally draw the line.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"As to how people like me should be scared of the religious right, well, I am!! I keep an assault rifle in the closet partly because if society breaks down, it's my belief that the wacko right will attempt to subvert everything weI hold dear as Americans and assert a religious tyranny. What you just said basically affirms that."

Too funny. The Baptists are going to take over the world. I think you have more to fear from a secular progressive government in the event of social disorder/breakdown.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So it's ok to kill em when they're young?

I Burn While I See
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (673, 450yukon, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 21 invisible), 1,339 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,871
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.