Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Dang----The woman has some Popeye forearm action going on too...She gets better with each pic I see...Good pic post and thanks FastEd. I'm making that my screen saver!

Last edited by byc; 01/14/10.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can a guy NOT love that picture??

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Basically, yes.

But semantics are important. You aren't killing a human. You are preventing a potential life from forming. Very different things.

We can go round and round on this (I won't though), but it can be neatly summed up with the thought experiment whereby a fertilized embryo in a petri dish, and a 6-month-old baby, are in danger. You can only save one. By your actions, you show that YOU don't see them as equal.

For that matter, if a pregnant woman was in a dire circumstance where a child was in danger, but her actions to save it would result in the probably termination of her pregnancy, what's she going to do? Save the actual child, at the expense of the potential child.

Furthermore, you right wing warmongers <grin> think NOTHING of initiating events that kill kids, for... what? The clearest example of this is right here on this list in the form of one of the military pilots who posts here. He took place in the Libya raid, which was pure politics. The purpose of the raid was to target a family, pure and simple, and it worked. Kids were killed. He is PROUD of his part in that raid, and yet is a rabid pro-Lifer. Explain THAT one.

In the end though it comes down to reproductive freedom, the right to have some control of how, when, where, and with whom one chooses to reproduce. Am I pro-abortion? No. Am I pro-choice? You bet.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff,
One question on your abortion stance-
When you speak of 'saving the life in the petri dish or that of the mother', out of the estimated? 3500 abortions a day in the US(I don't have a reference, just what I have heard) how many of those(abortions) do you think are truly required to save the mother's life?

I really am curious as I will admit that I see abortion as it is currently in America as mass murder- nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by 340boy; 01/14/10. Reason: add text

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
"First, abortion. I have kids. I know what it means to reproduce. I am all for protecting human infants. A first-trimester fetus is not an infant. This is easy to prove logically. Further, adults make decisions all the time that kill children when it's deemed to be politically necessary.

But at the root of it, an adult female's rights to self-determination trump whatever rights a first trimester fetus might have.

As a fetus grows, the "bundle of rights" (as we put it in the real estate world) slides over to the now-infant, to the point at which by the time it's at term, the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the adult! For example, an adult has the right to get drunk. However a very pregnant woman should not, in my opinion, because at that point they have made the decision to be a vessal for a child, and the child is a viable entity."

At what point does the fetus become an infant? The way you explain it sounds like birth.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At what point is the fetus considerd a human? When it's born? Why the arbitrary line at the first trimester?

I sure am glad I'm not ok with murdering babies at any age.

"For that matter, if a pregnant woman was in a dire circumstance where a child was in danger, but her actions to save it would result in the probably termination of her pregnancy, what's she going to do? Save the actual child, at the expense of the potential child."

Of course she would but not because of the reasoning you laid out, but because she's a mother and it would be her instinct to protect her own. It wouldn't be because she stopped and made a conscious decision between the two.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by bender
Wow indeed. You are so utterly and completely completely wrong, yet so very sure of yourself. Perhaps your view makes sense in relation to your point of reference/ upbringing, because to tell the truth, you are passionate about it, and really seem intelligent.

The question (or I should say accusation)was that Jeff is not in the middle, well how would you define him. Do you think liberals would define him as a liberal with these stances?

-Guns. 2nd amendment all the way, on multiple levels, to include "because it ain't for duck hunting".

-Free markets. Love 'em, not that they really exist anyway but that another topic;

-Person freedom, accountability, and responsibility.

-Small government. PLEASE! Cut the [bleep] thing down to size. Including the military. Stop the global meddling.

-State's rights.

I would label him as disingenuous at best. Voting for the most anti-gun liberal in the senate doesn't show much support for the second amendment.

He wants personal freedom, accountability, and responsibility but wants to force obama care down our throats. Talk about giving the governemnt control over your life.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I reserve the right to change my previous opinion of her.

Originally Posted by byc
[Linked Image]

Dang----The woman has some Popeye forearm action going on too...She gets better with each pic I see...Good pic post and thanks FastEd. I'm making that my screen saver!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
We can go round and round on this (I won't though), but it can be neatly summed up with the thought experiment whereby a fertilized embryo in a petri dish, and a 6-month-old baby, are in danger. You can only save one. By your actions, you show that YOU don't see them as equal.

For that matter, if a pregnant woman was in a dire circumstance where a child was in danger, but her actions to save it would result in the probably termination of her pregnancy, what's she going to do? Save the actual child, at the expense of the potential child.

What a bunch of psycho babble hooey based on a false choice. If left no choice, I choose to murder you over choosing one of my kids. That doesn't make me less of a murderer.

"Probable termination" in "dire circumstances"? How the hell does that equate to killing a baby out of convenience?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

But semantics are important. You aren't killing a human. You are preventing a potential life from forming. Very different things.

From a biological standpoint,you are, in fact, killing a human. The genetic makeup is human, and it will be a human.Nor has it ever been anything but a human. Furthermore, it is a living human when you start, and a dead human when you are done. Guess what - you killed a human. How this can even be discussed with any possible interpretation than this, is beyond my comprehension. Semantics are for lawyers. The facts are irrefutable by any intelligent being.Welcome to the reality of a 3 month old BABY.[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy
Get a life.
If memory serves, you were the one whining about JO 'ruining your entire day' whenever he made a post.

If you had half a [bleep] brain, you would just put JO on ignore and leave it at that,instead you practically have a stroke every time he posts.
He must be laughing at you...

No, I can guarantee you he's not laughing at me, but he must be cracking up because he finally found some dumbazz here that will buy into his schit!

Well as they say .............where ignorance is bliss..............

By the way, how's your Jeff_O (short for Obama) /340boy "snuggling around the campfire" thingy is going?

Ooops..........I just noticed what time it was.

Aren't you late for your job at the abortion clinic that your campfire buddy Jeff -O (short for Obama) got for you??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
I reserve the right to change my previous opinion of her.

Originally Posted by byc
[Linked Image]

There's something about a hot chick holding a rifle...

I Burn While I See
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff,
One question on your abortion stance-
When you speak of 'saving the life in the petri dish or that of the mother', out of the estimated? 3500 abortions a day in the US(I don't have a reference, just what I have heard) how many of those(abortions) do you think are truly required to save the mother's life?

I really am curious as I will admit that I see abortion as it is currently in America as mass murder- nothing more, nothing less.

Tim,

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't speaking of the life of the mother. I was repeating something I've read that illustrates the point that a fetus, particularly a very young one, is NOT the same as a child. I'll flesh it out a little more.

A building is burning. You run in. In the room, there's a baby, and a petri dish with a fertilized embryo. Due to the circumstances, you can only save one. Which one do you save?

We would ALL save the baby. Why? Because it is an actual human being, not a potential one. There's a crucial difference there.

As to saving the life or health of the mother, I don't know what the statistics are.

But, to bring this back around to the topic (Palin), she would outlaw abortion even when the mother's health or life is at stake, or when the baby is deformed. She also believes that kids should be taught abstinence instead of frank, explicit sex education.

My problem with this isn't that a person shouldn't have the CHOICE to (say) not abort a fetus that is deformed, or practice abstinance. Of course, they should. But it's stupid! Look how it's worked out for Palin. An unmarried daughter, with a loser dad of their teen-pregnancy child. And a Down's Syndrome baby because 45-year-old women have a VERY high incidence of defective children. That is what she would COMPELL all of us to suffer. No!!

IF what Palin is preaching WORKED, I would give it more credence but it does not.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff,
Yeah, I just put him on ignore also.
Should have done it a while back...

Hurray................. now we have the first set of "ignore twins" here on the Campfire!!!

A "boy" and a girl.

340boy and Jeff_O (short for Obama) born 1-14-10.

How about some pics???

<laughin' my azz off>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roe v Wade get overturned? Some how, I don't think she can change that despite her beliefs.

I Burn While I See
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At what point is the fetus considerd a human? When it's born? Why the arbitrary line at the first trimester?

I sure am glad I'm not ok with murdering babies at any age.

"For that matter, if a pregnant woman was in a dire circumstance where a child was in danger, but her actions to save it would result in the probably termination of her pregnancy, what's she going to do? Save the actual child, at the expense of the potential child."

Of course she would but not because of the reasoning you laid out, but because she's a mother and it would be her instinct to protect her own. It wouldn't be because she stopped and made a conscious decision between the two.

Disagree.

It would be because one is an actual human, while the other represents only a potential.

The first trimester is simply an arbitrary line. Like, letting kids drive at 16, vote at 18, drink at 21, collect SS at 65, etc.

In other words nothing really happens at 3 months one day. But you have to draw a line somewhere. That's where I personally draw it. Beyond that point I would personally outlaw abortion except in the case of danger to the mother and/or a deformed fetus.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So a frog egg is the same as a frog?

A seed is the same as a tree?

A spore is the same as a mushroom?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK so let's say Mom is 9 months preggers and ready to pop. Little Johnny stumbles and falls into oncoming traffic. You disagree that it would be instinct for Mom to try and save Little Johnny without regard for her safety and that of her unborn baby?

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"As a fetus grows, the "bundle of rights" (as we put it in the real estate world) slides over to the now-infant, to the point at which by the time it's at term, the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the adult!"

At 3 months and one day the fetus becomes an infant in your mind and magically receives the right to life?

I Burn While I See
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So a frog egg is the same as a frog?

A seed is the same as a tree?

A spore is the same as a mushroom?
Fertilized frog eggs will become frogs (Traceable to which frog laid the eggs, and deposited the sperm), fertilized seeds become not only trees, but specific trees, Spores, well, they are pretty simple, everybody is pretty much the same, you know, like liberals...In any case, frogs, trees, and mushrooms are not on the same level as humans. It is a bad analogy.

Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.