Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Prochrono Digital. I set it up at 15 ft. I shoot cartidges burning 95 plus grains of powder thru its screens. Has a big window to shoot thru (helps you not shoot your own chrono and kill it, lol). Maximum results and minimal issues. Mine is about 10 yrs old I would guess, maybe more. Picked it up when the digital model first came out. I have No experience with other chrono's but this one has worked so consistently; why would I? Also..IMHO--pretty damn good battery life too!

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Oehler 35P treated me bad.
Shooting Chrony treated me bad.

Buy this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=852429
& add this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=858466

......and you will be happy you didn't buy the other stuff. I have fired roughly 250 shots across the screens and it has not failed to record a single shot yet.

I have friends at the range that own the CD Millennium and they gripe about them.

Ditto, except for the added accessory. I just don't need the accessory......I know, I know...what has "need" got to do with anything. smile

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The people at Pact told me the same thing, even advised me to turn it on it's side.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cloverleaf
You guy's are great, and I'm sold PROCHORNO it is, which is good almost bought the master beta on a boxing week sale but did'nt know much about it. Glad I found this.

Mark Doberenski (spelling?) turned me onto the Pro Chrono. I went to the MidwayUSA site and read the seemingly 200 glowing reviews of it and have been one happy shooter since. Getting rid of one more variable in my shooting sessions has been a true blessing. THe ProChrono is NOT a variable, it is a sure thing. But, I don't recommend using it in the rain as I did.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Since 1981 I have owned a Custom Chronograph, a PACT, a Shooting Chrony, a Oehler M35, and currently a CED Millenium 2.

The Custom became obsolete when they stopped making the paper screens, the PACT ended up out in the alfalfa field where I threw it, the Shooting Chrony has been gathering dust under my loading bench for the past 18 years, and when it became obvious that Oehler wouldn't be supporting the M35 much longer, I sold my most excellent Oehler for a ridiculous sum of money on ebay, bought the CED and with the rest of the money bought.....a couple used Leupys or tires for my truck (can't exactly recall now.....)

CED Millenium is currently the best chronograph made, and the equal of the former Gold Standard M35. It will cost you $200 (plus whatever accessories you choose to buy).

I have trouble trusting the other chrono's out there--or the frustration factor is more than I am willing to tolerate.

Casey

I've never had the CED so I can't comment on it, but I have heard some good things about it. I know it has more bells and whistles but I can't imagine it's any better at just measuring velocity, reliability or as good a buy as the Digital. The extra options are nice but if someone doesn't want or need them, is it (or what makes it) any better than the Digital? I think I've had mine around 10 years or so and I've never not got a reading with it. Been very happy with it and couldn't ask for better.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My PACT Precision has been an excellent unit, reliable, repeatable & trouble free.

If I were buying today, the choice would be another PACT or a CED Millennium.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I currently have an Oehler 35, and if I were to replace it, my choice would be the CED Millenium II.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 22250rem, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 70 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,506 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,478
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.