Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Our Church puts on a turkey calling contest every year. I always get alot of companys to donate stuff to give away. This year I thought I'd try Gander mountain. When I called the women told me how to get to where I need to get to on the website. She also made it real clear twice to read the "Gander mountain doesn't support part." I found out why.

GANDER MOUNTAIN DOES NOT SUPPORT
As a rule, Gander Mountain does not support the following types of organizations or activities through corporate contributions or sponsorships:
�Requests from individuals
�Racing, stock car, or hot rod sponsorship requests
�Political or religious organizations
�Production of films, videotapes, recordings, publications or displays
�Other events/activities that are incompatible with our corporate brand image

What kind of outdoor company won't at least take a request from a church. Anyway I'm sticking with Cabela's..

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny, I think I remember them being partners with one of the Warren brothers. Alan or Keith Warren were sponsored by Gander Mountain at one point.

I think I'd try contacting a local hunting shop and see if they're interested in donating some prizes to the contest. In my area a lot of mom-n pop hunting/gun shops help with those type of contests of fundraisers.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah we always have great stuff from the local shops and the last 2 years have gotton unbelievable packages from some big name companies. Cabela's probly sent $200-300 bucks worth the stuff last year. Most of the major hunting companys do well too..primos knight and hale, duck commander, Even luepold.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by summitsitter
Our Church puts on a turkey calling contest every year.

That right there is the sort of thing that made this country great. Unfortunately, there are way too many people in this country today who will be totally bewildered by the whole concept.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Without even considering that Gander Mountain is just shy of bankrupt anyway, ask yourself this: How would they decide what religions they do or do not support? Would you be happy if they contributed to your local Mosque? ...to your local Wicca Society? ...to the local Kwaanza celebration?

Face it, they have big public relations problems whatever they do in regards to religious organizations. For every group they anger by turning them down, there's another group that would be angered if the first one was contributed to. So they just keep out of the discrimination business and say no to all.

I bet they'd support your local NRA Youth Shoot or NRA state affiliate fundraiser!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The point is, any outdoor company or store should be happy to get their name out in the environments where their customers gather. I would bet that the vast majority of Gander Mountain customers are people who would be called Christians. With their attitude, it's no wonder they're struggling to stay in business.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Their product, their rules!

Jim

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Like the lady says, "You pays your money and you takes your choice".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not that I agree with their statement, it takes on a different note when you consider what GunReader points out.

I manage a small retail store in a small town (15-20,000 people). You cannot believe how many requests we get on a weekly basis asking for a donation. We try to do something for all of them, but we're also trying to keep the doors open by SELLING products.

Life is just one damned thing after another
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by GunReader
Without even considering that Gander Mountain is just shy of bankrupt anyway, ask yourself this: How would they decide what religions they do or do not support? Would you be happy if they contributed to your local Mosque? ...to your local Wicca Society? ...to the local Kwaanza celebration?

Face it, they have big public relations problems whatever they do in regards to religious organizations. For every group they anger by turning them down, there's another group that would be angered if the first one was contributed to. So they just keep out of the discrimination business and say no to all.

I bet they'd support your local NRA Youth Shoot or NRA state affiliate fundraiser!

I only hope Gander Mountain does not file for backruptcy protection. It would have a long lasting ripple effect through out the firearms industry.

Doc

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by GunReader

I only hope Gander Mountain does not file for backruptcy protection. It would have a long lasting ripple effect through out the firearms industry.

Doc

Gander does some things well and other things less so, Ammo is expensive, but they do carry powders and primers and they have a gunsmith, and finding a gunsmith that won't make me wait 3 months for a recrown isn't easy.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What kind of outdoor company won't at least take a request from a church. Anyway I'm sticking with Cabela's..

Probably because if they donate to your church, they'll alienate themselves from every other church in the area, that they don't donate to?

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly. As said above. Would you be happy with them sending 2 Remington 870's to your local Mosque, or 2 9mm pistols to the local Kwanzaa gathering, or Southern Baptist Church?

They either have to give to all and deal with the profit loss and repercussions, or give to non and save themselves and their legal department some awful headaches.

NRA Life Member
RSY Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by summitsitter
GANDER MOUNTAIN DOES NOT SUPPORT
As a rule, Gander Mountain does not support the following types of organizations or activities through corporate contributions or sponsorships:
�Requests from individuals
�Racing, stock car, or hot rod sponsorship requests
�Political or religious organizations
�Production of films, videotapes, recordings, publications or displays
�Other events/activities that are incompatible with our corporate brand image

That's strange. A couple of years ago they fully outfitted a friend of mine who is a semi-pro outdoor writer and sent him to Africa so he could write a story featuring their products in print and in the photos. Hmmmm...

Scott

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't understand why a church expects freebies from a retailer. And gets miffed when they're not provided.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I do not go into Gander Mt. much anymore.Thier prices are ridiculous and they do not run many good sales.I could care less who they donate or not too.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
summitsitter,

You received a response from one person. I would be willing to bet there are more Gander Mountain store managers in the USA that will donate to a local Christian church, than ones that won't.

How many Americans do you know that would donate anything at all to a muslim mosque? I'm not concerned about that.

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm confised; What part of scripture do you cite to
promote Turkey Calling?, why can't you be denied a "free gift".

Take Care!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I run a number of events in Northern Virginia just outside of D.C. for SCI & NRA. I tried contacting headquarters about a free booth at a Turkey Hunting Seminar I was conducting at NRA Hdq. in Fairfax, Va. Never was able to even reach anyone. Later a chapter member that worked for a local Gander Mountain store asked the manager about having a free booth at the NRA show. He was told it probably involved work on a weekend for which he couldn't pay overtime plus it was a lot of trouble getting turkey hunting gear together. This was an opportunity to sell a lot of turkey hunting gear to beginners. I never shop there if there is any other choice.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hawkins
I'm confised; What part of scripture do you cite to
promote Turkey Calling?, why can't you be denied a "free gift".

Take Care!

Are you asking me?

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.