Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Primo believes their 20 Warranty is the best offered"

Well of course they do. Do you expect them to say their warranty sucks? BGE and others will say the same about their warranty as well.
All of these companies offer LIMITED warranties.
BGE is Lifetime.
Primos is 20 years.
AFAIK a limited warranty is one with restrictions. IE no gasket replacement. No warranty on Primos if you grill with it
(cook with the lid open at any temperature). No warranty on crazing etc.
BGE has been around for over 30 years and they still honor their warranty and even replace gaskets. wink
IMO a long proven track record is hard to beat but I have heard some pretty out standing examples of customer service from Grill Dome as well.

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BGE is LIMITED Lifetime.

I'm told that once they post that then they can use the term lifetime but always fall back on the limited lifetime if so desired. Again, in most states that's 7.5 years.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html

I will be in Atlanta next week and will find out firsthand from the Mothership herself.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Again, in most states that's 7.5 years"

Not sure where the confusion is but all of these companies have limied warranties. However the BGE warranty is excplicit;

"Big Green Egg carries a lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser"

http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html

That's lifetime. Not 7.5 years. wink Since Primos for some reason doesn't post their warranty on their website like GD and BGE here is a copy from the owners manual and you will find the words limited lifetime in it just like BGE.

Primo Grills and Smokers Warranty
Creative Ceramic Technologies, Inc. (CCT) warrants to the original purchaser of this
Primo grill and smoker that it is free of defects in material and workmanship at the date of
purchase for the following periods:
� Twenty (20) years for all ceramic parts
� Five (5) years for all metal parts (excluding cast-iron parts)
� One (1) year for all cast-iron parts
� Thirty (30) days on thermometers and felt gaskets
This warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of any part(s) which, under
normal use, Primo determines, after reasonable examination, to be defective. In order to
invoke this Warranty, Purchaser shall ship all defective parts at his/her expense to:Primo Grills and Smokers
Primo shall replace parts found defective as provided above with equivalent parts and
shall ship such parts at the Purchaser�s expense to the Purchaser�s designated shipping
address.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
Any damage, failure, or operating difficulties caused by accident, abuse, misuse,
alteration, misapplication, vandalism, improper installation or improper maintenance;
cracks or chips in the exterior glazing after delivery to an authorized Primo dealer or
distributor; damage or failure caused by tampering with or altering the original Primo
design, except when directed or authorized by CCT; damage or failure caused by
Purchaser�s failure to follow federal, national, state, city or county building and fire codes.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PROVIDED BY STATE AND FEDERAL LAW, THIS
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
� WARRANTY TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL
PURCHASER;
� WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
� ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR
CONSEQUENCIAL DAMAGES, EXCEPT WHERE SUCH EXCLUSION
IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY LAWS OF THE STATE OR THE
ORIGINAL PURCHASER�S RESIDENCE.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll get back to you with a VERY definitive description of what is fact.

Frankly, I've more to lose here than you so I will be accurate versus second guessing.

Regards---David

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"I will be accurate versus second guessing"
"I have several of both and visit both corporate stores on average every couple of months"
"I just noticed that the BGE now has a LIMITED Lifetime Warranty"

Your starting to show your true colors Amigo. Your "facts" have been a lot less than accurate so far.
Suggesting a company sucks because you can't get warranty parts from Lowes when all they sell is some defective no-name knock off is a classic example. laugh
Any one can plainly see both companies use the words Limited warranty. That's not subject to interpretation nor is the fact that any one can contact these companies directly and ask for themselves.
I would suggest any one interested in a ceramic cooker go to the respective brand forums for feed back from other owners who have had actually had warranty service.
Ask how long each company has been around and if they have ever changed their warranty.
Putting the thread back on topic there is a BIG difference between GD or BGE VS Primos in the fact that one brand can not be used to grill with the dome open with out voiding the warranty.
Opining about another brand won't change that.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"the whole hog turn in, which is what matters, will fit in a take out container. Therefore, I can cut up the whole hog before cooking and still maintain."

Just out of idle curiosity what sanctioned event are you cooking in that allows you to cut up a whole hog before cooking?

"I've more to lose here than you"

Really? I rather doubt you have any idea about what I have to lose, or gain.
In either event according to you BGE warranties are voided if you use their product to compete.
If we take you at your word then it appears that you really have nothing to lose at all. wink

"If you are using BGE in competitions all warranties are off."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, none of these ovens are gonna be a warranty problem for me...... grin

All American

All the time
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

News to me!! They KNOW I compete and encorage it, same with lots of my cooking buddies. Never heard of anyone who competes having any issues with warranties

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, none of these ovens are gonna be a warranty problem for me...... grin

Party pooper. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duxndogs

News to me!! They KNOW I compete and encorage it, same with lots of my cooking buddies. Never heard of anyone who competes having any issues with warranties

News to you and I both. Especially when BGE attends just about every major event and even supplies some teams with loaners etc. All I can say is BGE has treated me right. wink

On edit; I just pulled a plate of Porterhouse Berkshire chops from the BGE. It's over 40 here today. Now I just gotta wait till dinner time......maybe. grin

Last edited by Stetson; 03/04/10.
IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, you guys are sure passionate about this high-falutin' barbecue!

Makes me want to get one -- gotta be a basis for that kind of feeling! I can't find any reports of folks who tried one and did not like it... a lot.

On my next trip to the US, I may try to find one of these Eggfests to taste what all the fuss is about!

John (in Sweden, where I do not think BGE's are to be found)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John
Let me know when you come and where you are going to be, shouldn't be hard to tap into the network and arrange a taste for you. I know there use to be an eggfest in the Netherlands (if I remember my geography that's quite a few miles south of you) there may be one in Sweden, go to the BGE forum and type in your location for closest dealer.

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John,

They're over there. Just hit the classifieds. Although, they do look a little nukish so your Customs might be blocking entry. wink

Call the Mother Ship in Atlanta. (770) 938-9394. Good guys!!

Also, I've seen You Tube clips from across the pond. EMEA Eggers know what they're doing! cool

Happy Cookin'

David

Go Nats!!!!

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
duxndogs and byc:

Many thanks! This thread (and a few others) has really piqued my curiosity. Heck, before this I did not even know that there were such cooking competitions (I guess I have lead a sheltered life!). smile

...and, byc, from the pictures, I can see what you mean about looking like some sort of nuke. smile I am picturing Swen the custom's guy trying to figure it out! confused

John

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Really? A pissing match over the warranty on a bbq? Time to push away boys.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean
Really? A pissing match over the warranty on a bbq? Time to push away boys.

I dunno...

It is at least up there with debating the importance of 0.024 of an inch (.308 vs 7mm)... smile

John

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't care which one at this point but I just have to have me a ceramic cooker! smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any one catch the BGE's in the newest Dizzy Pig Newsletter? I've got a couple of Berkshire shoulders thawing in the sink now. Nothing butt clear skies and temps over 40 for the next few days! smile

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I don't care which one at this point but I just have to have me a ceramic cooker! smile

Just to validate your desire here's the last boston butt I smoked, great pulled pork for dinner and left overs for a week.
[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not fair! cry

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (007FJ, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,647
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.