-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, I think the springs are different. The MOA spring just came out, the XBolt spring has been out for awhile. I ran mine up to a gunsmith who stuck it in in about 10 minutes.

JM

HR IC

W
W
I have a new model 70 with a heavy trigger pull. Anyone care to give directions on how to adjust the trigger pull. I found lots of info on older models but nothing on the new MOA trigger. You must have to remove the goo from the front of the trigger housing to even see the adjustment screws. How do you do that?
Thanks
Kurt

W
W
OK - got down to the screw adjustment - can not tell what size allen head it is - anyone know?
Thanks
Kurt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by winter5470
OK - got down to the screw adjustment - can not tell what size allen head it is - anyone know?
Thanks
Kurt

The lower front screw is the one you want to adjust. Lefty loosy, righty tighty. You can access the spring that is behind the adjustment screw. I "modified" one slightly on my .270 that would not adjust under 4lbs. Now at 3 1/4 crisp, won't let loose if bumped and no overtravel. Actually feels lighter than that. And no, I'm not going to post how I did it or someone might shoot their fat toe off. Suffice it to say that anyone with a modicum of mechanical ability and two brain cells to rub together could figger it out. smile

W
W
I got it done!!
Thanks
Kurt

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ernie has new springs if you can't get the factory one light enough. Complete with instructions.

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i170.html

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I know this thread is almost 2 yrs old but I was just wondering if anybody has purchased a new Model 70 lately, and if the factory pull has gotten and lighter on them?

Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bridgetowner
I know this thread is almost 2 yrs old but I was just wondering if anybody has purchased a new Model 70 lately, and if the factory pull has gotten and lighter on them?

Thanks

I just bought a M70 EW in 7mm-08 the first of January. My previous experience was a .308 EW that had an excellent trigger that was adjusted down to about 2.5 to 3 lbs. It was crisp with no apparent creep or overtravel. That rifle was the reason I bought my EW.

The trigger on my new rifle is not nearly as good. It has about a 3.5 to 4 lb. pull and will not adjust any lighter without a new spring. I don't actually know how to describe the trigger except to say it feels "tight". It has 100 rounds through it now as well as probably as many dry fires. Doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have cleaned it with lighter fluid and blown it out good. Just not happy with it on a 1000.00 dollar rifle.

Not shooting as good as I expected either. I've had a couple of 1" groups but most are 1.5" to 2" at best. May have to put it up for adoption.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
I've not pulled a trigger on the MOA yet. How difficult is it to replace or change it out?
Can't replace (yet).. Can't change it to the old model (Just wondeful, BACO, you freakin' idiots...) so those that have 'em are stuck with 'em..

I have a bunch of M70s... NONE have an MOA trigger and none WILL have an MOA trigger...

Talk about screwing the pooch..

JMHO, of course.. laugh

I have to agree. Why fix when it aint broke. Stupid. But saying that. The new MOA triggers do feel good from the short time I have had with em.......
On that note. And as much as I luv the Kimber triggers 'feel/break I would of preferred a classic Model 70 there too wink

Taking my rifle for a walk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I upgraded my MOA trigger with that spring kit from Ernie's Gunsmithing. Big improvement...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.