Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Sounds like you would be the firt guy to tell P.O. Ackley he did not know what he was doing. Ever wonder why gun makers have not chambered rifles in Ackley chambers? SAAMI is the answer to that question. I wonder how many hudreds of thousands of actions have an Ackley chamber on them, that shoot over SAAMI spec pressures for the parent cartridge.

SAAMI is the answer to that question.

NO THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THAT.
GET EDUCATED WOULD YOU. YOU JUST KEEP SHOWING HOW MUCH YOU DON'T UNDERSATND ABOUT GUNS AND HOW THEY WORK.
LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU CAN NOT LEARN WHEN YOUR MOUTH IS RUNNING FULL SPEED WITH YOUR BRAIN SETTING IN PARK

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ever run any of your loads in Quick Load to see the pressure you are running ?

Would be a good sanity check.....just saying it would shut up the nay-sayers.....

Tony

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LASSIE
that they have not took the time to get educated about what they are talking about.

An education is a wonderful thing...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I got educated by shooting 100K+ rounds through various Wild Cats, not by reading.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Great job guys,way to derail a post about the .257 Weatherby

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by hicountry

Would be a good sanity check.....just saying it would shut up the nay-sayers.....

Tony

there is no way to shut up a deaf idiot. they just keep ratteling on in their own little world and have no idea what's around them I really do feel sorry for them they wil be that way for life too.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Tony

there is no way to shut up a deaf idiot. they just keep ratteling on in their own little world and have no idea what's around them I really do feel sorry for them they wil be that way for life too.
With your fine grasp of the English vernacular and spelling you come off as being very credible smirk

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by keith
I got educated by shooting 100K+ rounds through various Wild Cats, not by reading.

But Keith you cheated you got the answers from outside the box
you must not have any common sense like these other experts do.
you need to stick you nose back in that loading bible and you will find where you went a stray. now straighten up your act and quit doing them stupid things like learning. the more you learn the more stupid you will get.I think I will get rid of all my guns I now have learned on this site how dangerous they are.

Last edited by LASSIE; 02/02/10.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

[/quote] With your fine grasp of the English vernacular and spelling you come off as being very credible smirk [/quote]

I am that indeed and I also grasp the functions of a weapon way more than you will ever dream to understand and the rest of your negitive thinking buddies too.
I will guarantee that none of you will ever think up a new way of doing anything or heaven forbid invent anything your brains just are not capiable of doing that
kind of thing.
all of you don't do anything but set around looking for something you can say that won't work so you can show every one how smart you are.
But smart is not the word you are showing us. just a hint the word starts with dumb.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Wasn't there a movie "Lassie Go Home"? apropos...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Tony

With your fine grasp of the English vernacular and spelling you come off as being very credible smirk

grin grin

GET EDUCATED WOULD YOU.

Lassie, you've likely forgotten more than I ever will know regarding wildcatting. But just a word of the semi-wise, if you want to go on the attack, I'd suggest you dot I's and cross T's before calling others out for being dumb @sses....You've got the whole pot/kettle thing going on.
smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Great job guys,way to derail a post about the .257 Weatherby

If you can help get rid of the numb nuts on here we can get back to talking about calibers like it was intented to be. Thats what some of us are here for.
I am the one responsable for all this BULL [bleep] only because I told the truth about what you can do with a 25-06ai caliber and a 87 grain bullet.
And it caused all of the dumbest ass holes on this site to come crawling out of the wood work from every where. Until now I would have never guessed there was so many dummys on a gun site that don't know the first thing about a rifle. BUT YET CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT AT IT.
I sure hope I am never in the woods at the same time they are that could be very dangerous for any one. I just wonder did they take their safty course with the other kids and did they really pass it?

Last edited by LASSIE; 02/02/10.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You know, I am pretty new to guns in general, and loading in particular. I know enough to know that I know very little. I read these forums looking to learn new things about these topics.

But I am NOT new to dealing with people, and when I see the kind of aggressive, verbally abusive, arrogant kind of demeanor that you are putting out there, LASSIE, I automatically disregard everything you're saying. It doesn't matter to me if you are 100% right, 50% right, or 100% wrong, you're being an arrogant jerk and that's enough to cause me to move on and seek knowledge elsewhere. Besides, I can't find anything in this or other threads that establishes anything about your "credentials" other than your belligerent and oft-repeated Very High Opinion of Yourself.

You've had people gently point out that more flies are caught with honey, yet you continue to barge ahead, shouting insults at anyone who questions you. You say that you're old and that makes you so much smarter than everyone else here, but you come off like a 20 year old who hasn't learned yet that he doesn't know everything about everything, and also as one who never paid very much attention in high school English classes.

It's possible that you have some good points to make, but you're sure not making them with me.

Last edited by red_alder_ranch; 02/02/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said Red Alder, it didn't take long for us to sort out that he's not a Dale grad did it... grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Another " Rocket Surgeon"....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
he has to be smarter than me because i havent understood a thing he has said yet

gene

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Maybe I can help with that Gene..

It IS possible to get 3900fps out of an 87 grain .25-06...

IF and only IF you live on the moon with 1/6th the gravitational pull of the earth...and are completely in denial about the Law of Physics...

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lassie,
as much as i hate to admit it, these guys are correct.
calm down, take a deep breath, and explain to them how and why, it's possible to achieve these numbers without being so aggressive.

i am not the greatest speller or user of 10 dollar words, but a more calm approach, will get most here to listen.
my now dead machinist friend, talked like he just moved out of the hills, but, he was able to work for nasa back in the day, making apollo rocket engines, and after retiring, was so anal about his work, it took a long time to get him finish a project. good enough, wasn't in his vocabulary, it had to be perfect.

so maybe there is a connection between you 2 ?
i dunno, but calm down, and explain to these guys, calmly, and see how much better it goes over.

and as for quick load... well, book loads have come out as being unsafe using it, so go figure ....

only testing and watching for pressure will tell ya for sure when it's not safe. every gun is unto itself. why ?? i guess if someone ever figures that one out, he'll be rich right quick...

why is one load fine in one gun, but not another ?

that's the question i'd like answered.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
why is one load fine in one gun, but not another ?

that's the question I'd like answered.
I'll never claim to be an expert but will garner that guns are like people and all are not the same nor created equal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wasn't there a movie "Lassie Go Home"? apropos...

laugh

Originally Posted by red_alder_ranch
It doesn't matter to me if you are 100% right, 50% right, or 100% wrong, you're being an arrogant jerk and that's enough to cause me to move on and seek knowledge elsewhere.

Well said

Life is just one damned thing after another
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,697
Posts18,475,205
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.