Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by rkamp
Originally Posted by 7 STW
The Fire is great the way it is.Rick should be Thanked for that.Now if these Double posting weenies would quit it....

We got a saying around here, "the bigger the belt buckle, the smaller the Winer W�srtchen", same goes for tank pictures.

I love it when you trolls identify yourselves right off. Saves a lot of time and effort. Thanks.

Cole,
Exactly.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And then you have a group that are just like JO and are what is wrong with this country. To many damn liberals and enough folks to kiss their ass.

Just saying.

I'm not a liberal, and you can bite me.

Just saying.

--------------------

The degradation on the internet in general, was guys like Steelhead realizing that they could get their kicks anonomously. The internet provided the opportunity, and apparantly the predilection to be an azzhole was already there... and away it went...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
First of all, I like war art with pics of tanks and planes and stuff.
Second, I think we need a "squash" feature on here so we can immediately squash any dissenting opinions, trolls and general troublemakers. The only problem I see with that is, there would sit Rick...all alone.
The Campfire is like raising a mule...if you don't let it know when it's done something wrong, it will never know to change. If you beat it everytime it screws up, eventually it will get you back.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
The Campfire is like raising a mule...if you don't let it know when it's done something wrong, it will never know to change. If you beat it everytime it screws up, eventually it will get you back.

That's classic! grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lots of folks only shoot at the easy targets .

Just sayin' .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And then you have a group that are just like JO and are what is wrong with this country. To many damn liberals and enough folks to kiss their ass.

Just saying.

Just saying.

--------------------

The degradation on the internet in general, was guys like Steelhead realizing that they could get their kicks anonomously. The internet provided the opportunity, and apparantly the predilection to be an azzhole was already there... and away it went...

Actions speak louder than words. You took action when you pulled the lever for Obama. Then you actually admitted it on here. You compounded these two errors by defending your actions. Obama is a liberal's liberal, so it is difficult for many of us to comprehend somebody who claims not to be one, voting for one. You also have repeatedly defended the right to kill unborn children at will. Most folks see abortionists as liberals. I could go on but I won't. I would say, "I think you get the picture", but I don't really think that.

I am not an S Head fan and make no bones about it. I will say that I don't see him as your typical internet tough guy poseur. A bully perhaps, but I am guessing he would say the same stuff to your face that he says on here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steelhead and his pack were azzholes to me (and many others) long before the election. You know that.

I didn't vote for Obama. I voted against a Republican party that... well... I've said all this before, let's just let it go.

Regardless, the essence of my statement stands. Some guys just like to raise Cain, and the internet gives them the perfect venue for that.

It's in the kids now too. I have a game on my iPhone that has an online version. I went and checked it out. You wouldn't believe the chat room at that game site. Nothing but profanity and it goes straight to "[bleep]" and worse. I mean used as a racial epitaph. Bad.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steelhead and his pack were azzholes to me (and many others) long before the election. You know that.

I didn't vote for Obama. I voted against a Republican party that... well... I've said all this before, let's just let it go.

Regardless, the essence of my statement stands. Some guys just like to raise Cain, and the internet gives them the perfect venue for that.

It's in the kids now too. I have a game on my iPhone that has an online version. I went and checked it out. You wouldn't believe the chat room at that game site. Nothing but profanity and it goes straight to "[bleep]" and worse. I mean used as a racial epitaph. Bad.

An epitaph is a short text used to describe and usually honor a dead person. Many times it is inscribed upon their tombstone.

An epithet is a descriptive term or word used to characterize somebody or some thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You still voted for Obama, Jeff, just like Dan Stupor. You COULD have left it blank, or written in Nader or Perot or Teddy Roosevelt, fahgawsakes.

The thing about the internet is it has allowed the typical person to interact with a wider range of people, and a wider range of ideas.

But there's a flip side, which is part of the coarsening effect. I'm sure, that for many as it has been for me, it is a bummer to widen my world, only to learn just how many freakin' idiots there are in America! There comes a point where even the most civilized of us decide to call a spade a spade.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
When I first joined the Campfire, I immediately pegged a few regular posters here as total [bleep]. Even when I agreed with what they had to say.....I couldn't stand the way they said it or their attitudes.

That veiw hasn't changed much. MOST of the truely nasty threads here are started by....or quickly turned into nasty, personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Want an example.....look at this thread. Discussing why the Campfire has gotten more brutal and nasty......until Steelhead (the ring leader [bleep], by the way) had to make a personal attack on Jeff O.....which Jeff didn't make any better by striking back.

The discussion was about why the Campfire was less gentle than in the past.....had NOTHING to do with who a man voted for in the last election (and "kiss my ass" or "bite me" is NEVER a proper response to anything).

There are maybe 5-6 [bleep] (and if you've been here long coulod name every one of them) on here that stir up most of the trouble and have for years. The difference now is that they have developed a "pack" mentality and gang up on every thread on the "target-of-the day". Maybe Lee24 had something to do with it.....he WAS pretty hard to not attack....but now it seems they have driven Lee from the fire and are looking for the next "victim".

Come on folks.....stick to the subject being discussed......not "pile on" in the attacks. That might be a lot of "fun" and seem right because those [bleep] are very popular (with each other at least), but it reduces the pleasure of being here at the fire. They WILL NOT stop their ways (after all they are "[bleep]").....but you don't have to join in.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to be a lot of I don't like you, you're a bully, lets gang up on the retard, look at the hot chick, she's ugly, you're a pervert, I'm offended by: profanity, jokes, partial nudity, dissenting opinions, etc., etc., look at my wife, you're gay, I'm gonna kick your azz, I'll call the cops... or shoot you, you're on ignore. I'm sure I've missed some of the other dominant topics but you get my drift. Sounds like a bunch of stuffy old b!tches invaded the Campfire.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TexasRick
When I first joined the Campfire, I immediately pegged a few regular posters here as total [bleep]. Even when I agreed with what they had to say.....I couldn't stand the way they said it or their attitudes.

That veiw hasn't changed much. MOST of the truely nasty threads here are started by....or quickly turned into nasty, personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Want an example.....look at this thread. Discussing why the Campfire has gotten more brutal and nasty......until Steelhead (the ring leader [bleep], by the way) had to make a personal attack on Jeff O.....which Jeff didn't make any better by striking back.

The discussion was about why the Campfire was less gentle than in the past.....had NOTHING to do with who a man voted for in the last election (and "kiss my ass" or "bite me" is NEVER a proper response to anything).

There are maybe 5-6 [bleep] (and if you've been here long coulod name every one of them) on here that stir up most of the trouble and have for years. The difference now is that they have developed a "pack" mentality and gang up on every thread on the "target-of-the day". Maybe Lee24 had something to do with it.....he WAS pretty hard to not attack....but now it seems they have driven Lee from the fire and are looking for the next "victim".

Come on folks.....stick to the subject being discussed......not "pile on" in the attacks. That might be a lot of "fun" and seem right because those [bleep] are very popular (with each other at least), but it reduces the pleasure of being here at the fire. They WILL NOT stop their ways (after all they are "[bleep]").....but you don't have to join in.
I'd love to know what the bleep word was. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

An epitaph is a short text used to describe and usually honor a dead person. Many times it is inscribed upon their tombstone.

An epithet is a descriptive term or word used to characterize somebody or some thing.

Ethan, ya GOTTA stop quoting Jeff O. What the hell good does putting that putsch on ignore do when you quote him? laugh

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This has been said before by others but I think it is worth repeating, "Why use the ignore button" Either don't read the thread in first place or just don't reply. Much more effective in my book to have someone post something and to receive no acknowledgement, than to start an endless name calling argument that just empowers trolls. Same goes for people that insult you, just move on, or start a fight if you want, just don't whine about it later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just saying.

Yes you are.................. but being a liberal is just simply at the bottom of a long list of Obama voting, scumbag, low life, gut-less, queer loving, baby killing, devil worshiping eccentricities that you possess.

Just saying..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I don't think the Campfire has gotten any courser over the years, I have been here for a little while. Sure there is some heated discussions and some guys like stir the pot a little. Over all its one of the few places on the World Wide Web that I really like. Look we a very diverse group, its like the Taste Great Less Filling issue from the 1970's. Its February and well its not Spring Bear or Turkey season, there is ice fishing if you have ice and not much else. March will be better I will be kicking it off on one of my favorite rivers with the fastest sinking tip fly line and some of my own hand tied wooly buggers. Yep I fly fish too.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by n007
This has been said before by others but I think it is worth repeating, "Why use the ignore button" Either don't read the thread in first place or just don't reply. Much more effective in my book to have someone post something and to receive no acknowledgement, than to start an endless name calling argument that just empowers trolls. Same goes for people that insult you, just move on, or start a fight if you want, just don't whine about it later.

yer name Ethan? laugh

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some enjoy stiring the pot,
some like to pick the easy targets,
some like to pile on certain individuals,
some don't feel safe unless they have a gang,
some like to post pics of half nekkid girls,
some like to have constructive discussions
some like to post humor,
some are conspiracy theorists,
some actually enjoy hunting and shooting

and some like to bitch about all of the above. At times we can all be a little of each or at least enjoy it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
TexasDick is another one that was easy to read sign on. Funny how a moron gets pissed off for being called a moron.

I've yet to be wrong lots of folks gave me grief about calling JO a POS years ago, and I ain't been wrong and stick to my guns.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're a moron, and worse- you are smart enough to NOT be one. But you still are, by choice. It's kind of the point of this thread.

Staying young at heart is admirable. Staying young in terms of how you act socially, not so much.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.