Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think I handled one of these or something close at the last Tulsa Wannenmacher show. Thought it'd be nice cause I love my Benelli shotguns, M1 Field and M2 Tactical, same stock and all... anyway it didn't do it for me. If you like it then buy a truck load of em.

Oh and the M4 has it's share of problems, here's a few examples
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30469

Now before you go off and get all huffy, don't. Like I said if you like it then fine, go find a Benelli forum.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
[Linked Image] oldman1942 talking......still

That's awesome!!! laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by oldman1942

still think my ancient, obsolete NM M-1 would clean the clock of any 223 AR once we got out to serious shooting distances (300+).

Oh hell no.......you didnt just say that.

Lets have a contest!
you shooting your ancient, obsolete NM M-1 and me shooting my Grim Reaper..........I'm good at 700 yds. wink

[Linked Image]

What do ya say?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't understand the M14 mystic. I've used both M14 and M16 in combat and much prefer the 16. The M16 was much more accurate, had fewer function problems, and was much lighter than the M14. Also, you can carry triple the amount of ammo with a M16.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tom264

still think my ancient, obsolete NM M-1 would clean the clock of any 223 AR once we got out to serious shooting distances (300+).

Lets have a contest!
you shooting your ancient, obsolete NM M-1 and me shooting my Grim Reaper..........I'm good at 700 yds. wink

[Linked Image]

What do ya say?

Heck my M1 carbine prolly shoots better with open sites than that thing at 1000 yds grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
grinIf you think he's a moron here, go read his ads on gunbroker.
He has such a way with words.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=158108562

What a joke ol lazy eye is! LOL! $1500 starting bid? grin Comedy right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That isn't dreaming that is hallucinating...........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agree but still think (IMO) the ARGO system is superior.

[Linked Image]

I looked at the link. I'll give you $400 for it if you'll throw in the scope. I'll need immediate delivery of it though. PM me.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Seemed to recall a fella 'round here once made a comment about not needing to take a bite of a schit sandwich to know what'd it taste like.

Re: the OP, there might be a clue hidden in there, and perhaps one across the board.

Pun(s) there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Lets have a contest!

[Linked Image]

What do ya say?

Oh I missed that post I guess.... bring it on oldman.. I have zeros for my ARs to 1000 yards, I'll even spot you, you use a scope, I'll use irons.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495

Lets have a contest!

[Linked Image]

What do ya say?

Oh I missed that post I guess.... bring it on oldman.. I have zeros for my ARs to 1000 yards, I'll even spot you, you use a scope, I'll use irons.....

Damn, my $$$$$$ on jeff for this one grin

The funny part of all this is, oldman gets his ass spanked no matter where he posts his BS. Some people just don't get it. grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Can I come and play also?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good by me! You'd have a better chance to beat him with a scope anyway. I just suspect I could probably hold my own though... I"ve done it against a scope at 600 before... until I crossfired an X.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
just so you know...
At 500 yards the Bravo target is 1/2 the thickness of the front sight post. good luck making hits at 1000 with irons.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image] oldman1942 talking

This Wannabe will stick with his M4 and ARs.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yall stop antagonizing old man.

Crossfire couldn't get him to a 30 cal shoot, what makes you guys think he'll take you up on the 223?

Remember, he just got out of the hospital and is selling raffle tickets to his gun collection.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
[Linked Image] oldman1942 talking

This Wannabe will stick with his M4 and ARs.

This should be the standard reply to anything oldman posts grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greg, you advocate for ARs but mine are crappy? Why don't you pack up your sorry AZZ and take a trip down to DPMS and tell them what crap they make? You might clear the sidewalk before you landed. They will sell because they are fine ARs with valuable extras, and BTW, this site is not the only venue to sell guns (DUH)!

MM, agree they aren't going anywhere, heck we still have tricked out M-14s doing duty as the military has been too stupid to get a decent 308 semi-auto in wide issue. That doesn't change the fact that the ARGO system is superior to the "puke in your mouth" AR system (As your fellow Marines knew when they selected the M4 shotgun).

Resistance to change is human nature but Don't forget all the stories of the Devil Dogs in the Pacific who followed the Army guys around to pick up their M-1s (and dump their 03s) when the Army guys got shot.

I'd love to put a pile of M 14s and a second pile of M 4 223s in front of a bunch of Marines "over there" with a free choice of which to carry.......

Whelennut. Agree, still think my ancient, obsolete NM M-1 would clean the clock of any 223 AR once we got out to serious shooting distances (300+). You can also buttstroke someone with it and the stock won't break off.

Palmetto mine was $1300 delivered w/FFL fee and paid by CC. There are cheaper ARs and a lot more expensive ones. Benelli will also be "legal" in many areas that ban the "evil AR".
Hopefully (as with the R-1) they will offer barrel interchangability so the whole 223 base family could appear over time and when the 308 version comes out...oh boy! A 338 Federal version with a low X scope. Backpacker/hunter's dream out where I live with Mr Griz or for Elk.

Finally to you utes, just because you disagree, does not confer "being right" on you. It just means you disagree, so grow up and realize people can differ and still be civil. I happen to like the 300 H&H but that doesn't mean I won't hunt with my buddy who shoots a 300 WinMag.

You need to better understand military procurement and military service. There are lots of systems out there that are superior on paper than the old M16, but when they�re put in the field, they all come away as being inferior. 4 decades of finding out what works in the real world trumps any new fangled un-proven design. Just because it works pretty well with a shotgun is absolutely no indication it will make for a military service rifle. Benelli and Beretta aren�t considering it as a military rifle and aren�t marketing it as such, just a militarized sporting rifle. Beretta (parent company of Benelli) offers the AR70 as their solution for military rifle; a platform that is proven.

The reality is, the M16 is a very hard act to follow, and it�s going to take something better than some guy on the internet who�s excited about some new rifle before the military considers a change. The M16 was slated for replacement the day it was adopted and there have been no less than 4 major development programs to do just that; all have gone by the wayside and the M16 soldiers on. My guess is if you put your slick new Benelli in the hands of poorly trained soldiers in the sandbox, your Benelli would return in a box of it�s own.

As for using a brand new one in .308 that hasn't even been released over a battle proven M14 (and I'm not the world's best fan of the M14), is absolute lunacy. I thank God people like you aren't in charge of supplying our soldiers with their weapons.

Think for a minute�Beretta and Benelli aren�t marketing that rifle as a replacement for any existing service rifle. Perhaps they know something you don�t.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good post Kevin! BTW he isn't really from WY....he's just a liberal transplant from someplace like NJ (no insult to the good people of NJ).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Broke Back Mountain was in Wyoming. Maybe they left him there after they finished filming

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,341
Posts18,487,734
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.