-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey now doggonit...them were 2 sheep herders from Montana! Still can't beleive they let that libtard jackass film that and say it was WY cry

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ringworm
just so you know...
At 500 yards the Bravo target is 1/2 the thickness of the front sight post. good luck making hits at 1000 with irons.

Width of front sight does NOT matter in making hits. My front sight post for 1000 is the width of the FRAME... and the bull is already 44 inches.. IIRC the frame is about 72 inches. No problem smacking the 20 inch 10 ring as long as the wind doesn't get you.

The width of my front sight at 600 yards is equivalent to 36 inches, and I'm shooting sub MOA groups, calling my shots to within inches at that range, and being able to hit the spotter thats 3 inches....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by rost495
just so you know...
At 500 yards the Bravo target is 1/2 the thickness of the front sight post. good luck making hits at 1000 with irons.

Width of front sight does NOT matter in making hits. My front sight post for 1000 is the width of the FRAME... and the bull is already 44 inches.. IIRC the frame is about 72 inches. No problem smacking the 20 inch 10 ring as long as the wind doesn't get you.

The width of my front sight at 600 yards is equivalent to 36 inches, and I'm shooting sub MOA groups, calling my shots to within inches at that range, and being able to hit the spotter thats 3 inches....

Oops. Someone stepped in it.

That Jeff could post scores to back up his claims, is a given.

Damned facts....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm 10 for 10 at the 500 year after year. with an old banged up M16 that rattled like a paint can and 55gr FMJ off a stripper clip.
i sure would like to try that match gun, tailored ammo sunny day shooting...
Do the DI's throw rocks at your kevlar while you shoot?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My , my, sure easy to wind up you AR lovers.
(At least the ones that are not already on ignore (GRIN))
As I said, I own ARs already, none of you have ever shot or own an MR-1 or an R-1 or a M1014 so, as usual it's just smoke being blown by wannabe experts. I also note the stalkers from ARAIG coming over here to carry on their stupid uninformed comments.

ARs will continue to sell to the wannabe military types, 99% of who never served. For those of us who did and had the opportunity to run the shiet out of M 16s, you can have them. Not a bad 50 year old design but progress has been made as evidenced to the frantic conversion to piston operation that is still inferior to the ARGO system.

For the few of you who read, you might want to read the recent test of the MR-1 and see what a terrible score in got. Anyone dumb enough to think Benelli makes bad guns of any kind has a room temp I.Q. and doesn't own/couldn't afford one in any case.

So I'm done with the "children's hour" on this thread as NOT ONE of you brats has come up with anything but subjective idiocy based on looking at a picture.... but what else is to expected from those who call names, hurl insults and can't back up a single claim with any verifiable facts? Time for your cookies, milk and Ridlin.

For those of you not adverse to being burdened with the facts:

"The M4 was the first gas-operated shotgun produced by Benelli. Its function is designed around an entirely new method called the "auto regulating gas operated" (ARGO) system. The ARGO system on the M4 opened the door for Benelli's development of the R1 rifle line. The design uses two stainless-steel self-cleaning pistons located just ahead of the chamber to function opposite the rotating bolt, thereby eliminating the need for the complex mechanisms found on other gas-actuated automatics. Benelli accomplishes this level of reliability through the simplicity of the mechanism. The ARGO is a short-stroke system that incorporates only four parts. It consists of two symmetrical shrouds containing two small steel gas pistons."

on the MR-1
"A combat carbine has to perform the first time, every time. The ultra-reliable ARGO (Auto-Regulating-Gas-Operated) system incorporated into the new Benelli MR 1 does it for the U.S. military, and now can be the centerpiece of an effective home defense plan. The MR 1 rifle, Benelli�s latest offering, is chambered in 5.56mm NATO (.223 Rem.) and uses the battle-proven ARGO system-the same system developed by Benelli for the M1014 and used for over a decade in multiple conflicts by the United States Marine Corps.

The sights are a military-style aperture, adjustable for windage and elevation in the field, using only a cartridge rim. A Picatinny rail allows mounting of both conventional and night-vision sights, while retaining metallic-sight capability. All steel parts are black phosphated and aluminum parts are hard-anodized in a matte finish for low visibility and corrosion resistance. The Benelli MR 1 carbine comes standard with a five-round magazine, and can also accept standard M16 magazines. An optional Picatinny tri-rail forend kit is available for mounting a laser aiming device, front handle, illuminator and other accessories.

The MR 1 features a stainless steel, self-cleaning piston that operates directly against the proven rotating bolt, thereby eliminating the need for complex linkages found on other inferior gas systems. This piston-driven system (ARGO), perfected by Benelli, incorporates a gas port located just forward of the chamber where the gases are hotter and cleaner, resulting in less fouling and more reliable cycling. In function testing the MR 1 exceeded the military requirements without malfunction. The result is a Benelli carbine with Marine-tough reliability able to function under the harshest environmental conditions."

OF COURSE "THEY" ARE ALL WRONG AND YOU ARE RIGHT ALTHOUGH NONE, NADA, ZERO OF YOU OWN ANY ARGO SYSTEM GUNS. MAYBE OBAMA HAS A SPOT FOR A "MILITARY WEAPONS CZAR"....YOU HAVE ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS..... COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ETC.. (LAFFIN!)

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Evident by your own post, you didn't own one of those, the R1, until just the other day....

At least you can get benelli repair support when their shotguns break. We had 2 break one duck season, I simply handed over my other 11-87 and the guys kept shooting. Another loaner and off we sent 2 benelli shotguns off for repair. Ejector on both. A short 4 months later they were back, about 3 months after duck season was over.
But then don't get me started on Zeiss service... though they are by far some of the best glass out there, IE I'd spend 700 on a Z LONG before dumping it into a Bushnell product, the customer service is pretty slow...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm 10 for 10 at the 500 year after year. with an old banged up M16 that rattled like a paint can and 55gr FMJ off a stripper clip.

Umm, I've done enough shooting with the actual issue M16s in civilian qual courses and their issue ball ammo to know that simply hitting that target at 500 isn't really an issue for a good shot. The triggers on the 3 shot burst guns are interesting to say the least though.

As to tailored ammo and match guns, yep. As to sunny day shooting, well we shoot regardless until lighting is within a 5 mile radius. I've done that when its below freezing, to over 100, and pouring so hard the targets "melt" and wind blowing so hard that the 2x4 target frames snap in half from Lake Erie winds.

We never shot those targets just to hit them, you have to have a group on the target so you have some leeway of wind calls, and you have 50 seconds exposure to expend as much ammo as you can at one time starting at 600 yards and then moving in. And to top that off I was swing gunner which meant my duty was to empty my first mag(typically of 18) into the one target, reload, and regain a new NPA and dump the last mag into a second target.

Did they throw rocks at us? Nope never did. But if you are concentrating on what you should be, you don't realize things like hot brass burning into your skin or a myriad of other things, you are in your own world and nothing but shooting. If you are aware of them throwing rocks, they you'd understand you are not shooting correctly as the sub conscious mind can do only one thing at once. If its distracted by rocks, it concentrates on avoiding the rocks rather than shooting correctly.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
As far as not having the $ to buy one, i have seen your gunbroker ads...all of them. If you add the totals of all them together you STILL wouldnt add up to just 1 of my machineguns. I still dont want a unproven rifle. Your going off what others say....the people who make $ off you buying their product, so its in their best interest to make the tests fall in their favor or exaggerate.

If your happy with your toy, then so be it, its NOT gonna be a replacement for the M16, you may have been in Veitnam, but i bet i have slung more lead from a M16 then you have. But im just a wanna be.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

They did, and I did quite well out to 500, thank you.

Semper Fi.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldman1942
My , my, sure easy to wind up you AR lovers.
(At least the ones that are not already on ignore (GRIN))
As I said, I own ARs already, none of you have ever shot or own an MR-1 or an R-1 or a M1014 so, as usual it's just smoke being blown by wannabe experts. I also note the stalkers from ARAIG coming over here to carry on their stupid uninformed comments.

ARs will continue to sell to the wannabe military types, 99% of who never served. For those of us who did and had the opportunity to run the shiet out of M 16s, you can have them. Not a bad 50 year old design but progress has been made as evidenced to the frantic conversion to piston operation that is still inferior to the ARGO system.

For the few of you who read, you might want to read the recent test of the MR-1 and see what a terrible score in got. Anyone dumb enough to think Benelli makes bad guns of any kind has a room temp I.Q. and doesn't own/couldn't afford one in any case.

So I'm done with the "children's hour" on this thread as NOT ONE of you brats has come up with anything but subjective idiocy based on looking at a picture.... but what else is to expected from those who call names, hurl insults and can't back up a single claim with any verifiable facts? Time for your cookies, milk and Ridlin.

For those of you not adverse to being burdened with the facts:

"The M4 was the first gas-operated shotgun produced by Benelli. Its function is designed around an entirely new method called the "auto regulating gas operated" (ARGO) system. The ARGO system on the M4 opened the door for Benelli's development of the R1 rifle line. The design uses two stainless-steel self-cleaning pistons located just ahead of the chamber to function opposite the rotating bolt, thereby eliminating the need for the complex mechanisms found on other gas-actuated automatics. Benelli accomplishes this level of reliability through the simplicity of the mechanism. The ARGO is a short-stroke system that incorporates only four parts. It consists of two symmetrical shrouds containing two small steel gas pistons."

on the MR-1
"A combat carbine has to perform the first time, every time. The ultra-reliable ARGO (Auto-Regulating-Gas-Operated) system incorporated into the new Benelli MR 1 does it for the U.S. military, and now can be the centerpiece of an effective home defense plan. The MR 1 rifle, Benelli�s latest offering, is chambered in 5.56mm NATO (.223 Rem.) and uses the battle-proven ARGO system-the same system developed by Benelli for the M1014 and used for over a decade in multiple conflicts by the United States Marine Corps.

The sights are a military-style aperture, adjustable for windage and elevation in the field, using only a cartridge rim. A Picatinny rail allows mounting of both conventional and night-vision sights, while retaining metallic-sight capability. All steel parts are black phosphated and aluminum parts are hard-anodized in a matte finish for low visibility and corrosion resistance. The Benelli MR 1 carbine comes standard with a five-round magazine, and can also accept standard M16 magazines. An optional Picatinny tri-rail forend kit is available for mounting a laser aiming device, front handle, illuminator and other accessories.

The MR 1 features a stainless steel, self-cleaning piston that operates directly against the proven rotating bolt, thereby eliminating the need for complex linkages found on other inferior gas systems. This piston-driven system (ARGO), perfected by Benelli, incorporates a gas port located just forward of the chamber where the gases are hotter and cleaner, resulting in less fouling and more reliable cycling. In function testing the MR 1 exceeded the military requirements without malfunction. The result is a Benelli carbine with Marine-tough reliability able to function under the harshest environmental conditions."

OF COURSE "THEY" ARE ALL WRONG AND YOU ARE RIGHT ALTHOUGH NONE, NADA, ZERO OF YOU OWN ANY ARGO SYSTEM GUNS. MAYBE OBAMA HAS A SPOT FOR A "MILITARY WEAPONS CZAR"....YOU HAVE ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS..... COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ETC.. (LAFFIN!)

[Linked Image] old douche1942 has me on ignore but he peeks all the time, he can't help himself. I am sure he will send me another PM to delete after this. blowhards like him are good at google-fu but wouldn't make a pimple on a good marksman's azz.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I made the honored list also grin

oldman1942
Campfire Regular

Loc: WY & FL Glad I pissed you off enough to send a childish card.
Welcome to "ignore". You punkass brat.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

[Linked Image]

If oldman had half the experience packing (let alone using)the M4/M16 series that the resoled boots I am currently wearing do, he would still not even be qualified to be my driver.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doltman also sent me the PM informing me I was on ignore.

Truly a bizarre individual.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Doltman also sent me the PM informing me I was on ignore.

Truly a bizarre individual.

He has to tell you that he's ignoring you?

Shouldn't he just, well, uh.... um.... ignore you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find it interesting that someone considers a 1500 dollar rifle out of the economic reach of someone else. Bragging about owning one and the supposed tax bracket that allegedly puts you in - RIGHT after mentioning selling 3 other POS rifles to afford it is hilarious.

Me

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He's an arrogant oldbastard. This is trolling thread just like the BS ad in the classified.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
watch it shameless will call you on that remark! laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Color me not giving a pelosi! shocked

Douchebags may get old but their still douchebags.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just yankin yer chain! grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I know amigo! wink

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,290
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.