-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You get a Benelli and declare the AR obsolete......my AR is obsolete because of your say so? That's funny.

GB1

Ost Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Big deal...

My 45 Colt (Long flavored) is obsolete, but it is still fun as hell. My Mosin M44 is obsolete but it still makes others at the range wish they brought hearing protection. My plain jane 270 ain't no WSM so I guess it is obsolete as well, but it still puts rounds where I want them, every time if I do my part.

Who cares what others shoot, just be glad they are shooting.

I hate escalators. I slipped and fell down the steps for an hour and a half.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You are correct Ost, it is no big deal, BUT there are a certain number of folks who cannot tolerate any opinion other than their own. The internet gives them the cover of never having to back up anything they say as well as the "courage" to call other folks all kinds of nasty names w/o any consequences.

Wonder if any of you keyboard warriors caught the show on History channel HD recently called High Impact M-16? It traced the whole history of the M-16 as well as the FACT that the US military is evaluating several replacements. The footage of the HK being pulled out of the mudpit and still working fine was amazing...especially when the REAL expert said no M-16 would EVER be able to do that. The AUG was also impressive. I doubt the MR-1, as made today, would either but it still doesn't puke in its innards either.(and don't go on about piston operated M 16s as there are none in the hands of the average grunt doing the fighting "over there".)

I'm sure we'll still be fighting with puking ARs for years to come given the fact that our fascist dictatorship of community organizers doesn't give a rat's azz about equipping our military with the best available when there are useless union bloodsuckers to be pacified with "free" programs.

Hope you have lots of ammo, water and MREs stockpiled when the food wars start. I just ordered 20 30 round magazines for my MR-1.

Nice thing about WY & FL.... class 3s are legal (GRIN)

Last edited by oldman1942; 02/20/10.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't think anyone said your MR1 is going to be a bad thing, but then its a fix for something thats not wrong currently.

As to the military looking, they CONSTANTLY test just to see... and of course at some point they will change... I don't see it coming anytime soon as trained troops have no issues with the current rifle.

As to your constant barrage of the gun puking in itself... yeah, but it continues to run.. I"ve run them well over 1000 rounds without cleaning and know 2 folks that ran them all season long, almost 10K rounds each gun, only wiping out the upper and relubing the carrier. And its not pansy azz sunshine shooting all the time.. its rain or shine, blowing dust, mud etc.... our gear gets CRAPPY... I've seen folks pack it up at dust matches and just refuse to abuse their guns.... I've never done that with an AR, and they've always continued to roll.

Of course until you have 20 years or more on the MR/R 1s you'll never know how they'll hold up.

thought them mags looked like AR mags?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
starting a thread, and going totally confrontational from the git go, then continuing to bait, troll and abuse the sensibilities of folks that comment......... well thats the hallmark of a troll.

I have seen comments here and there about Oldman1942's demeanor, but I can't recall reading much from him.

With thread, he has proven what a dick head he really is. Adios MF'r.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whenever the Military adopts any piece of equipment including small arms they immediately start evaluating a replacement. This is the nature of the Military and the Government. The AR platform will be here when most on this forum have pasted. The AR needs no change other than the round it shoots. They already have the answer, the 6.8 SPC .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I run my M16 all day at machinegun shoots, renting them out and we go threw 30,000 rnds a day doing so, not all from the M16 but alot of it goes threw the 16 and even with a suppressor on it, we go all day without cleaning it. Thats in MO humidity, KY rain and mud and in OK dust, she still keeps going.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Bea175, you were making good sense until your last comment which just negates everything you had just said so well. (Well, except for the bit about the forum having "pasted" (sic). That sounds just plain weird.)

Let me explain to you why you are so wrong. Changing calibers is a BIG deal at any time, it's even worse during a shooting war. One simply cannot click their finger and have all barrels changed from 5.56 to 6.8 in an instant. Same thing with magazines, the supply chain, the training, etc. I've never fired a 6.8SPC, but I'm pretty sure the POI will be soewhat different from a 5.56 as the distance increases.

I would hate to be the poor guy who was issued 5.56 ammo for his 6.8 rifle, or the other way around. I'm not sure if a 6.8 would chamber in a 5.56 rifle or if 5.56 would chamber in a 6.8 rifle, but I would hate to be the guy to try it by mistake in a firefight or anywhere else.

On the other hand the .mil has been issuing Mk262 and now Mk318, which I understand is much more lethal and actually punches though stuff better than M855. In a panic, one can shoot anything that fits in an AR in combat currently. Throw in 6.8 and you have a recipe for disaster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The AR15 is to rifles what the 1911 is to pistols.

It's not going anywhere.

47 years in service in various stages of evolution. It's got to be the longest serving standard-issue military rifle in our country's history.

Well, maybe, but I think the AR lacks the panache of the Winchester Lee Navy, don't you? grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"starting a thread, and going totally confrontational from the git go, then continuing to bait, troll and abuse the sensibilities of folks that comment......... well thats the hallmark of a troll."

Can I stop laughing now? I dared to venture an opinion. The immediate response was name calling, insults and the usual reaction of those who "have to be right".

The hard facts are that there are better 223 platforms than the current issue M16. Published reliabilty tests prove that (you can look it up). Sorry if that offends you but 03' lovers said the same stuff when the M-1 came out.

None of you "experts" have yet to answer why, if the current M 16 configuration is so wonderful, ....why are ALL the manufactures rushing to convert to piston systems ..... tough one eh?
Could it be that Mikhail had it right and Eugene wrong? LAFFIN!

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I dont' read in Bea175s post that they will switch anytime in the near future, thats been rumored for years now.

We'll be out of a major war when and if they switch. They won't switch it right in midstream. And certainly not so since the current round is working fine.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

[Linked Image]

Thanks to ElkHunter76, this is the first thought that comes to mind whenever the bitter oldman posts his garbage.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Bea175 didn't say they were switching, instead he was suggesting they go ahead and do that.

I suspect that when the .mil decides to switch, it will be both ammo and rifle. But with the introduction of the SOST MK 318 round, this may be quite a while longer.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Agree, it will be a l-o-n-g time until we get control of the government away from the "one worlders" and all the others who think Mao & Che are the bright lights of how to run the world.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My AR's have been 100% reliable with reasonable ammo. I was using my Bushy M4gery to burn up odds and ends of powder I had around and did manage to find some RL7 squib loads that it wouldn't cycle reliably. But that's it. Other than that, perfect across 3 AR15's and a DPMS AR10.

I've run my current AR out past 500 rounds w/o cleaning... no problemo.

I don't think it's obsolete. It's just perfected, well-refined. smile

The manufacturers are pimping piston uppers because it's a way to flog some life out of a mature product line and market.

IMHO.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I re-read bea175 post and still don't think he was suggesting, simply saying when the time comes, the answer might be there(in his opinion it is). Didn't notice him saying switch now but thats not important anyway, i'm picking nits and I need to quit.

As to the importance of piston uppers, I had a call the other week offering me a free piston upgrade kit thinking maybe I'm pimp them and sell them. Simply told em it was a fix for something there was no problem with and that was that. Turned down a couple hundred dollars of free....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

[Linked Image]

Thanks to ElkHunter76, this is the first thought that comes to mind whenever the bitter oldman posts his garbage.

She seems like a charming young lady! grin

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Hope you have lots of ammo, water and MREs stockpiled when the food wars start.

Don't need too.....I'm just going to come take yours away from you. laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Hope you have lots of ammo, water and MREs stockpiled when the food wars start.

Don't need too.....I'm just going to come take yours away from you. laugh

your mean!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile I learned from Jessica grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 41 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,228
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.