Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Will you share your oldfart plunder? grin

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only with turdlike people! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Poobah gets the pick, just like pirates? wink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Only with turdlike people! laugh
Wooohooo!
I wanna plunder alongside you.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
starting a thread, and going totally confrontational from the git go, then continuing to bait, troll and abuse the sensibilities of folks that comment......... well thats the hallmark of a troll.

I have seen comments here and there about Oldman1942's demeanor, but I can't recall reading much from him.

With thread, he has proven what a dick head he really is. Adios MF'r.

Sam, the reason you didn't see many posts, I suspect, is that he was Lee24s twin brother and most folks didn't play with Lee24 posts unless they wanted to be entertained by stupidity.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The AR15 is to rifles what the 1911 is to pistols.

It's not going anywhere.

47 years in service in various stages of evolution. It's got to be the longest serving standard-issue military rifle in our country's history.

Well, maybe, but I think the AR lacks the panache of the Winchester Lee Navy, don't you? grin

Sycamore

Well, I didn't want to go there,... blush............... wink grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Bea175, you were making good sense until your last comment which just negates everything you had just said so well. (Well, except for the bit about the forum having "pasted" (sic). That sounds just plain weird.)

Let me explain to you why you are so wrong. Changing calibers is a BIG deal at any time, it's even worse during a shooting war. One simply cannot click their finger and have all barrels changed from 5.56 to 6.8 in an instant. Same thing with magazines, the supply chain, the training, etc. I've never fired a 6.8SPC, but I'm pretty sure the POI will be soewhat different from a 5.56 as the distance increases.

I would hate to be the poor guy who was issued 5.56 ammo for his 6.8 rifle, or the other way around. I'm not sure if a 6.8 would chamber in a 5.56 rifle or if 5.56 would chamber in a 6.8 rifle, but I would hate to be the guy to try it by mistake in a firefight or anywhere else.

On the other hand the .mil has been issuing Mk262 and now Mk318, which I understand is much more lethal and actually punches though stuff better than M855. In a panic, one can shoot anything that fits in an AR in combat currently. Throw in 6.8 and you have a recipe for disaster.

No one said the Military was changing cal, but if they decide to change then the 6.8 is the answer. Bolt , barrel and mag change and you are in business

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Didn't they switch to the M16 right in the middle of a shooting war?

Most of what I've seen says that yes, there are more reliable systems out there, the HK416, SCAR and XM8 all beat the M4 in a specialized dust test,
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/12/army_carbine_dusttest_071217/

Problem is the guys who make the decisions aren't convinced that the test proved much, given the track record and soldiers view of the M4. If they change, they want it to be a great change. So far it ain't appeared to them, even in the ARGO guise.

Who knows but I've run enough rounds through my obsolete AR's to know what's what and I ain't worried.

Only 20 mags? Shameful.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
They introduced the M16 in the early years of the Vietnam War. It was not a great idea and there were issues with it that had to be sorted out, simple things like no cleaning kits, etc. So let's not do that again.

I've read lots of reports about those tests and I can see why they are considered controversial. I've also read reports of the contenders having major issues. So who knows?

In the meantime, I am glad the .mill is getting better ammunition than the M855 for the troops. I should hope that will go a long way.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep they did switch in the middle of a "conflict" as it was called.

I've no clue why they'd really want to do that, and then serve up a non proven/tested item that had issues.... Yet its morphed into a great platform that has stood the test of time.

I doubt... but then I said they'd never elect the idiot either....., that they'd be dumb enough to swap in the middle of a war again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The AR platform ain't perfect, but it's damned good, it works, and for .mil parameters, it ain't broke so don't fix it.

Pretty friggin' simple, really.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

ARs obsolete, well that sucks I just bought one

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Has anyone noticed on his gun broker add that he says that he has only put "6" rounds through the gun, and that he has a pic of the "6" rounds on paper (notice that they seem to be sighted in)..... he also claims that the scope he is selling is the scope he used to put these "only 6 rounds" through the gun. now how in the world did he through that scope on and it was perfectly sighted in a couple inches high. somethings not adding up..... I know we have bore sighters but you still have to make some adjustments.

so he is saying that he put that scope on the rifle, shot 6 rounds and it was perfectly sighted in without making any adjustments...

hmmmm

Brett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brett, yup I saw that and just ROTFLMAO grin
Just remember a man is only as good as his word,nuff said.

oldman has been pegged as a true BS artist from his first post and confirms that with each post there after.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Check out what I posted on his clasified ad about his feedback.

Its telling of what kind of person he is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
His sales on gunbroker are moving right along grin

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=62908

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hes just as popular there as he is here grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
WTF is with that idiot? Stuff for sale, but not till later... and the JUNK pistol grips he likes... man I don't know anyone that likes those grips.

Entertaining though....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
So was Lee24...but its almost time for another purge....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
This oldman supported lee, probably is one and the same....

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1badf350, 1minute, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,337
Posts18,487,680
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.