Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't make me do it....

Ohhhh......OK....

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ok thanks.... now I puked my biscuits out and am leaving to get some work done.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is taken from his DPMS ad on Gunbroker

"[Information added 08/22/2009 8:32:13 PM]
Look, folks $700 will not buy this rifle so stop the silly bids. The rifle alone w/o the upgrades cost more than $700 so stop smokin rope and get serious. The next go round insulting bids will get blocked."

His brand of diplomacy sure isn't helping him any! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oldman..

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Maybe he sighted it in at 25 ft?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[quote=oldman1942]As an owner of one 15 and three 10s, I am about to say the forbidden. The AR platform is obsolete. I just got my Benelli MR-1 yesterday and it is a generation ahead of any AR. No puking in its guts, no clunky gas tube system, shorter, lighter and less moving mass in operation. The ARGO system (used in the M4 and R-1) is simple, clean and rugged. It also shoots sub MOA groups as issued. I'm sure a 308 version will be coming soon...droolin!

One thing for sure, my DPMS Sweet 16 will be sold as soon as I return to WY.quote"

That whole "puking in its guts" thing was because the rifle was designed to operate with stick powder and the military decided that ball powder was the way they would run it.
Not the designers problem! The troops were also short on cleaning equipment. Not their fault! Keeping the rifle clean is always hard when you are not getting enough sleep, getting shot at, poorly trained. This has been the case ever since the Brown Bess musket was used 200 years ago.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Funny how the owner of ONE AR15 can proclaim they are junk basically....

As to the adds, yeah the gun costs more without the additional junk. But it didn't cost more if you were talking dealer cost.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

They are wanna bee rifles, and toy's.

A toy is ok, and cool to play with, most of the wanna bee's or experimentors tend to get over them.

So I'd say 60+ percent of folks will get one and play with it, and keep one, but after a while they tend not to be the long term go to when hunting because of what they stand for.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
chrome lined barrel? Chromed chamber? SS piston I think.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Can you find me my quote where I said ARs were "junk"?
M 16s don't have pistons in case you missed it, nor do any standard common issue ARs in US service.
Not one of you "experts" can seem to answer the question as to why all the manufacturers are rushing to piston guns if pukers are so great. CAN YOU OR NOT?
Not one of you "experts" can site any extended duty test where a puker was superior or even equal to a piston gun. CAN YOU OR NOT?

So since you have nothing but opinions it's the usual hot air BS.

For those who like to be equipped with FACTS (perish the thought), test results (including the Benelli ARGO system) are available and guess what? The pukers LOST EVERY FING ONE!

Anybody read/watch BlackHawk down? Notice the last man standing to win the CMOH was NOT fielding a puker? Wonder why?

It will be tough to swallow all your cowdroppings when the HK wins the contract, now won't it? (Already in use by some serious soldiers).

As for the stupid pictures, here's one that captures most of you perfectly:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by oldman1942; 02/21/10.
IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldman1942

Anybody read/watch BlackHawk down? Notice the last man standing to win the CMOH was NOT fielding a puker? Wonder why?

In the movie? HA! laugh funny stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M 16s don't have pistons in case you missed it, nor do any standard common issue ARs in US service.
Not one of you "experts" can seem to answer the question as to why all the manufacturers are rushing to piston guns if pukers are so great. CAN YOU OR NOT?
Not one of you "experts" can site any extended duty test where a puker was superior or even equal to a piston gun. CAN YOU OR NOT?

For those who like to be equipped with FACTS (perish the thought), test results (including the Benelli ARGO system) are available and guess what? The pukers LOST EVERY FING ONE!

It will be tough to swallow all your cowdroppings when the HK wins the contract, now won't it? (Already in use by some serious soldiers).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] oldman1942 flapping his gums again here to eh? BTW oldman I see your guns on GB are selling like wildfire......NOT ! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Oh, I don't know, you keep talking about them using the honorific "puker." So I would think that you are saying they are junk.

Correct, they don't need pistons.

It's called marketing, perhaps you're not familiar with the concept. This is where you have a product to sell, so you create a need for it, real or imagined. Pistons are superior to DI, just ask anybody who makes a piston-driven AR, they'll tell you. Armalite does not make one, and they (rightly) consider the AR-180 a second rate product, read the story. I'm not aware that Colt makes one. But if all your competition is making one, in this day an age of me-too'ism, some people think it's important to make one or have one. I don't.

Jet-powered ARs are superior to piston-powered ARs, by virtue of the fact they are more accurate and lighter.

Many thing wrong here. First, one does not "WIN" the CMOH, one is awarded the CMOH.
Second, third and fourth; Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon were part of the Delta Force Sniper team and in 1993 there was no AR-based sniper rifle. Instead Randy Shughart had the semi-automatic M14 that was in use at that time.

I'm not interested in learning about your favorite food. Please keep such things to yourself.

I do like your signature/avatar:

[Linked Image]

Do I get to join that elite group of people that ignore you now?

ETA: To the rest of you, I apologize for the tenor of the above post; for some reason this guy irks me.

Last edited by FTR_Shooter; 02/21/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a fact for ya Dumbass You ain't sellin chit on Gunbroker. grin grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I feel like Im missing out on something...

grinIngwe

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T

[Linked Image]

You stupid arrogant ass. Do you really think that Gary Gordan died first because his gun "puked"??? Mike Durant used it until it ran out of ammo after Randy Shughart brought it to him. I have no idea if this was in the movie or not.

Did you know that your are 10x more annoying than anyone over at ARAIG? I don't even like that site but I have learned a lot (even from Larry). No one pays attention to you because you are such an ass. You may be right sometime but no one is ever going to believe you unless you stop acting like a clown.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep....I'm missing the phun.....

Ingwe

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yep....I'm missing the phun.....

Ingwe

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls and I usually stay out of these types of threads but he is really begining to annoy the chit out of me.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Line forms to the left for that...... grin

Ingwe

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,291
Posts18,486,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.