Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by wdenike

KRP: Also, thanks for your reply. The pupillary distance is a common problem that I have heard of. And will not affect my eyes as I have had a chance to look through the Swaro's in actual hunting conditions. Just haven't had the opportunity to look through the 15x56 Vortex in hunting conditions. KRP I thought glassing in a grid pattern was the only way. Am I missing something?? Thanks again!!

There's no 'only' way to glass, especially for coues... knowing how to see is more important than brand of glass ultimately.

Brand discussion is it's own subject not necessarily the same as glassing technique.

A good glasser with a 50.00 bino will out glass a newbe with 2000.00 glass.

I'm out of town so my reply is short but not meant to be offending, I can discuss more when I return home if you want.

Kent

No offense taken. What I'm trying to find out is from a manufacturing point. If there is anything technically, that makes one better than the other. It just seems rather odd to me that when you look in Cabelas there are only three reviews. Also, when you look in Eagle optics, there are only two reviews, and I would venture to say that both of these companies sell their fair share of optics. And being there doesn't seem to be much apparent demand for the vortex. It sometimes leads me to believe that some people have the attitude. That mine is better than yours because I spent more money on it. If from a manufacturing point of view, there is no real big difference. I certainly have no interest in paying 7 or 8 hundred dollars more just because they took a ride across the pond.

I also understand that there are some people that could look through binoculars, no matter what the cost. And not see any wildlife unless it was etched in the glass. But I think that probably should be in a different topic.

Anyway, one of the main things that may lean me toward the vortex. Is at age 57. Although I only have to wear glasses for reading. There is no guarantee that within the next year or two that that could change. And it seems to be a very common denominator that for eyeglass wearers, the Kiababs get the nod.

Anyway I think I'll just sit tight and continue to check the post's on here. As there certainly seems to be a very large membership with much activity. And as long as I have plenty of time before any of the draw results are announced. I'll just continue to throw coin in the jar. Thanks again!

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 01/02/13.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
lots of good optics available on several of the AZ hunting chat sites - vortex 15x for like 1100 any discount and no tax makes for a good deal

yes there can be a lot of difference in manufactors- even the best cheapie brands in there best optics sucks compared to just about anything - lol

and of course even the best ones produce an economic line compared to their best quality glass!

so even if you can afford the best you can get a good pair!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
If you get the Swaros you will never second guess yourself.

I have a friend who borrowed my Minox 13X56. He brought some Nikons had his brother bring some Swarovskis. He told me his brother told him if he had seen the Minox he would not have paid the big bucks for the Swarovskis.

I think my 13x56 Minox cost me $500... they were $650, but SW had a promotion going, and I got $150 credit back, which I put into loading supplies.

I'm no great judger of Big Eye binoc's, but I did compare them at length (twice!) to the Swaro's in the store there. I'm a big fan of Swarovski optics and felt the Swaro's were a slightly classier package overall. They were also $2200. Ouch!

I've been very pleased with my Minox and they are like a good truck gun. Cheap enough you don't worry so much about them.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Vortex and eagle optics are the same owner, same building in Middleton

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 53 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,128
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.