-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah yes, more TRH and his status as seer and sage of all that is and shall ever be.....what would we do without his insight.

I opened a new box of cereal this morning and found a toy!

(were I thinking of joining the RPeeer's I'd take a hard look at the current membership and consider if that's who I'd want to be connected with)

On a side note, Bill Bennett ripped into Beck about his alcohol recovery analogy with the Republicans.....

All American

All the time

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't believe you can just isolate the first paragraph and disregard the rest without necessarily weakening your own thoughts.

Don't lose sight of the concept "forward". It truly does mean something. Our subs aren't anywhere near capable of the rapid strike responses of our air fleet or quickening the delivery of needed materials, supplies and armaments to our troops.

Look at what bases have closed down in the last 100 years and look what bases have been established during the same time period through today.

It's rather interesting when you actually piece it together.

Seems ironic that we're not hearing much about closing Guantanimo during the last few months, isn't it??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You two make such a cute couple. Any thoughts of finally tying the knot?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You back for some more, lightweight??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jesus wasn't talking about taxes.
He wasn't just talking about taxes, but I fully believe He was talking about everything involved in this life. He did speak on taxes and essentially said to pay what you are told to pay. His faith allowed Him to pay His a little easier than you and I get by with, unless you have taken yours out of a fishes mouth, too.

Furthermore, RickyD, did not God set out the model for contributing to the common good with the tithe of the Old Testament?
No. He set out what was to be set apart as Holy for Him.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO......man this place has been good for a laugh the last couple of days.

All American

All the time
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by isaac
Stan....Newt's star is going to rise.

There was a time I was a huge supporter....no one can speak and deliver a message like Newt.

To paraphrase Dennis Miller: Where ever Newt goes, he is always the smartest man in the room.
Newt�s American Solutions works for me as well today as his Contract with America did in �94. That balanced budget was a LONG time ago!

Some others have laid out good plans of action besides just say NO to the Dems, but nobody that I can see has done so with the detail built into it and the organization built behind it as well as Newt has.

He may or may not be electable and you may not think his play book is perfect, but I would like to see someone stand before the voters, get in their faces, and read that book to them from deer season 2010 to deer season 2012. and with the right minded people voted in; in2010 and 2012, we might take back andgain some ground.
BUT I could be wrong. I voted for Goldwater.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, Ricky, Jesus was talking about what we have a choice in, not something compulsory like taxes. Jesus didn't say anything about the level at which taxes should be levied, just about the fact that Christians are to pay their obligations to the government.

We in the U.S. are citizens, not subjects, so we can tell our elected representatives what we think our taxes should and should not pay for, how much the total tax bill should be, and how those tax obligations should be divided among the various tax-paying entities, and theoretically, our elected representatives vote accordingly or get voted out of office. There is nothing in the Bible that states someone making more money should be taxed at a higher percentage. In fact, I'll address that issue again below.

To address the other issue
<<<Quote:
Furthermore, RickyD, did not God set out the model for contributing to the common good with the tithe of the Old Testament?

No. He set out what was to be set apart as Holy for Him. >>>

If God didn't "tax" people for His earthly work's funding (through the tithe obligation) at a variable percentage based on income or wealth, why should our government? Are you saying that our government knows better what to do with money than God (through His designees on earth) does?

Ricky - How about this. Let's all live by Biblical principles and have Congress set our contribution to the federal treasury at 10% of our gross incomes, and then RickyD, if you feel like from your conscience that you're not paying enough based on how much you make or own, you can feel free to contribute more. That's the way God works, and our government is not even in the same universe of deserving funding as God's work is. Then we would all pay 10% of our income in federal tax that is compulsory, and we can all answer to God for how much additional we hand over to the Feds. I think that would work well as long as spending was capped to match.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No question he's been a shooting star. He weakened considerably on several occasions....sitting on a park bench with Pelosi agreeing on global warming, the era of Reagan is over, stating the Republican party needed new ideas instead of insisting on Conservatism.

Will we look at Newt and believe him when now he says he's All Conservative All the Time? It's not gonna take much for Conservatives to throw up a red flag. RINO season is open!

And frankly, no way would Romney and Gingrich pair up for a Presidential run.

All American

All the time
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
To paraphrase Dennis Miller: Where ever Newt goes, he is always the smartest man in the room.

Unless Dennis is in the room with him. At that point, the room reeks so much with IQ that the average Joe isn't going to understand the conversation.

Newt does have good sense economically, and he never budges from his thoughts on it and how to fix an ailing America. There are many sensible leading economists in the country that wholly agree with him. Is he right for the US and electable? Probably not. We'd be better off with Dennis.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"We'd be better off with Dennis"
NOW I really like that idea!
What ever the outcome, it would be the election to end all elections!
How about Miller/Gingrich or vs?
They could watch each other's back.
The bad guys wouldn't know what hit em!
You may be on to something here!
Or at least on something.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Miller is brilliant....

Edited to add this: Miller and Beck!!!!!

Last edited by Stan V; 02/22/10.

All American

All the time
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think Dennis would be great, but he's WAY too smart to take on that job and ruin the great gig he's got. Like Dennis, there are a few others that would be absolutely great candidates (and I agree Beck would be one of them) that have lived on both sides of the liberal/conservative coin. Those that have are the most rounded in their ideas and values, and have the best insight on what makes things 'tick'. A couple that come to mind right off the top of my head would be Michal Medved and Jon Voigt. I truly believe Jon could be elected if convinced to run.
Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I don't believe you can just isolate the first paragraph and disregard the rest without necessarily weakening your own thoughts.

Don't lose sight of the concept "forward". It truly does mean something. Our subs aren't anywhere near capable of the rapid strike responses of our air fleet or quickening the delivery of needed materials, supplies and armaments to our troops.

Look at what bases have closed down in the last 100 years and look what bases have been established during the same time period through today.

It's rather interesting when you actually piece it together.

Seems ironic that we're not hearing much about closing Guantanimo during the last few months, isn't it??

Forward bases are important if your response to threats is going to be " boots on the ground " . Those boots are necessary if your aim is to control terrain . If your aim is to respond to threats from nations , well , we never set foot in Japan itself . All the lives that were lost taking the islands in the Pacific could have been saved if we had been able to respond with the BOMB on Dec. 8 , 1941 .

Since 1945 we have been like a guy walking all thru Africa with a 22 and a big sign saying " I've got a 460 Weatherby at home so don't mess with me . " The lions read the sign and leave him alone but the snakes can't read and every time he turns around he's gettin' snakebit .

Our subs and air fleet don't need forward bases to carry out their missions .Their mission is to seek and destroy .

I don't know how many bases we have shut down and new ones established in the last 100 years . Actually , the period from 1945 on is the one we can learn from . The BOMB was a game changer but we still act like the game is the same .

I don't know why you mention Guantanamo . I do know that when we put missles in Turkey , Russia wasn't afraid to roll the dice and put some in Cuba and they came up eleven . We took ours out of Turkey .

All of life is a gamble . Given the population of the 'fire , it's a certainty that some guy is thinking of getting married with no guarantee he's getting a good deal . Another is getting a divorce because his situation has become untenable .

He is willing to hire a lawyer and get the deal going and is prepared to deal with the aftermath one day at a time because where he is , is untenable .

Our situation is becoming untenable and it's time to roll the dice , I'm thinking .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Forward bases are important if your response to threats is going to be " boots on the ground " . Those boots are necessary if your aim is to control terrain . If your aim is to respond to threats from nations , well , we never set foot in Japan itself . All the lives that were lost taking the islands in the Pacific could have been saved if we had been able to respond with the BOMB on Dec. 8 , 1941 .

Since 1945 we have been like a guy walking all thru Africa with a 22 and a big sign saying " I've got a 460 Weatherby at home so don't mess with me . " The lions read the sign and leave him alone but the snakes can't read and every time he turns around he's gettin' snakebit .

Our subs and air fleet don't need forward bases to carry out their missions .Their mission is to seek and destroy .

I don't know how many bases we have shut down and new ones established in the last 100 years . Actually , the period from 1945 on is the one we can learn from . The BOMB was a game changer but we still act like the game is the same .

I don't know why you mention Guantanamo . I do know that when we put missles in Turkey , Russia wasn't afraid to roll the dice and put some in Cuba and they came up eleven . We took ours out of Turkey .

All of life is a gamble . Given the population of the 'fire , it's a certainty that some guy is thinking of getting married with no guarantee he's getting a good deal . Another is getting a divorce because his situation has become untenable .

He is willing to hire a lawyer and get the deal going and is prepared to deal with the aftermath one day at a time because where he is , is untenable .

Our situation is becoming untenable and it's time to roll the dice , I'm thinking .
Good post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geez, bases all over the world since the 40's and in the last two years we now can't maintain our forward presence?

Panic is setting in......

All American

All the time
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No, Ricky, Jesus was talking about what we have a choice in, not something compulsory like taxes.
Funny, He didn't mention any of the caveats you pose. We'll just have to disagree on that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course we can maintain our bases . Except for Okinawa , of course where I happen to have spent some time . Now we're moving to Guam , because our good friends , the Japanese , want us gone .

The question is not can we , but should we .

But you knew that was the question and my answer .

Face it - you just miss Isaac .grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm obliged .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with Ricky on the meaning of what He said . He also admonished the tax collectors to not take more than what was due but He didn't set the amount .

Wisdom literature is like that . It's like a perfect diamond in that it's right no matter which angle you view it from .

The IRS took Him at His word when He said the deal about requiring more from those who had been given more .grin

Buncha stawlwart christians - them IRS boys !

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,190
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.