S
Wonder if he made it through today?

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
congratulations and good luck!

I sure wish my wife would quit. I quit in my 20's. I went cold turkey, and kept a pack in the top of my toolbox at work, staring at me all day, just to make sure I was serious. After about two weeks, I stopped missing it. When I started going out to bars again with my friends a few months later, I started again, and then I had to learn how to quit and still go out to bars. I found a no-smoking pub (way back in 1989, no less!) and was able to quit for real that time.

Again, best of luck, and hang in there. The payoff in easier breathing is worth it!

Last edited by red_alder_ranch; 03/17/10.
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thank you for all your support gang!

It hasn't been easy to say the least...

My 75 yr old mom passed away yesterday after suffering from cancer [multiple myloma]. We are happy she is no longer suffering as her condition deteriorated quite rapidly!

I succumbed to the tremendous loss and had a pack of smokes yesterday and today!

However, I will jump back on the horse beginning tomorrow and holdfast to the mindset I had!

I WILL DO IT...and I promised my mom too!

I know I'm ready to tackle the task at hand again and keep focused...It only helps me more to keep focused as mom is now gone...since I'm hurting anyways I'll get it done once and for all...NOTHING WILL STOP ME as I am extremely determined...

God Bless!

Ro

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hang in there. It WILL get easier as the days go by. If you can get to the two-three week mark, it will get a LOT easier. And don't let the occasional set back get you down, just keep trying.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LB sorry for your loss and good luck.My quit date is April 1.Let me know if the Chantrix helps.

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live"
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hang in there you will be an "X" soon.....

Sorry for your loss... That just hurts....

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As you can see, there's a bunch of guys here rooting for you. In a couple of months I hope you can tell people, as I do, that you're a member of OFS--also known as Obnoxious Former Smokers.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by shameless
December 8,2010,08:30 hrs.,I put out the last cigarette.I smoked for over 50yrs,and was smoking around 4 packs of Winston 100's a day when I said this is insane and this has to stop.I haven't touched one since then.I know it's only been a short time since I stopped,but I believe its over.Hang in there you can make it.BTW,I've gone for chest X-Ray and pulmonary function test,the Doctor asked if I have ever been a smoker,said my tests looked great with no evidence of having been a smoker.Thank GOD!

shameless, what year did you stop smoking? Your post says 2010. Just wondering.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Today gang I start Day #1 again

I am resolute and determined and excited, but I feel like an animal! Hostile in the sense that why has it taken me all these years to realize smoking is BAD NEWS!

I'm in ATTACK MODE...and ready to take on the withdrawls!

My MINDSET is this: I am not quitting cigarettes, BUT rather I am FIGHTING for my life, a healthier me!

Every moment all I can think of is... FRESH AIR!!!

I am on the road to recovery and fighting to gain back all that I have lost! Today I am doing alot of deep breathing cognizant of filling my lungs with clean fresh air, it feels good as I slowly bring back the elasticity back to my lungs!

Keeping this mindset helps me to focus on me instead of the cigarettes, for it's not about the cigarettes anymore but it's all about a healthier me;one who is not kept in bondage any longer to suffer from it's death grip!

I will use this thread from now on as my journal in the hopes it will inspire other hunters who want to quit too!

I appreciate all your support!!!

Aloha!

Roland

Last edited by LateBloomer; 03/18/10.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Best of luck and sorry for your loss,

Dale

This space for rent

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Allow me:

[Linked Image]

I hope that motivates.

Last edited by cmg; 03/19/10.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Roland...a little more incentive and something I havent told you, or the forum...as mentioned I smoked 2+ packs a day...

As NOT mentioned was the fact that I had a heart attack at age 31 ( ! ) and it was attributed solely to smoking....

While I was in the hospital-3rd floor...intensive care...I couldnt help but notice that every single patient was there in IC due to smoking....

I quit and that was 26 years ago!

You have plenty of good times ahead of you!!!

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
don't give up this is a great thing you are doing.i quit in 1978 after smoking 3 packs a day.i smoked for20 years.for about a year after i quit i still found myself reaching for one after diner and such.but that passes and you find it will be well worth it.not to mention the dollars you will have for more toys. GOOD LUCK!

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Day #2...

I'm overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I am receiving from my fellow hunters, brothers who understand what I am facing!

Thank you very much!

I continue to saturate my mind and body with the mindset of breathing FRESH AIR. I slowly meditate upon this fact with each breath when the urges come.

I am determined and I am motivated because I am a fighter and I have a strategy...As many have said here, it's a MINDSET!

Your continued support has helped me immensely and I remain deeply motivated to conquer that, which I allowed to rule my life!

NO MORE!!! mad

Thank you gang!

Ro

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Keep it up.......

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by cmg
Allow me:

[Linked Image]

I hope that motivates.

cmg,

Brother that picture MOTIVATES me for sure!!!!

Thanks!

And to anyone else I'd love to see more
laugh

Being able to hump it up them mountains is definitely my motivation!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Latebloomer, You will feel non-motivated & bored next couple days. 2nd & 3rd day are when the voices start speaking in your head that its ok to smoke one more time.

Ignore the voices and I guarantee you it gets easier after the 7th day! I stayed in the house a lot the 1st few days watching rented movies until the urge weakened. At times I even placed pencils in my mouth and puffed on them for awhile. No chit it worked!

I freagin loved smoking..LOVED IT!!

BUT,I LOVE NOT SMOKING EVEN MORE!

Last edited by slg888; 03/19/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Best wishes.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by slg888
Latebloomer, You will feel non-motivated & bored next couple days. 2nd & 3rd day are when the voices start speaking in your head that its ok to smoke one more time.

Ignore the voices and I guarantee you it gets easier after the 7th day! I stayed in the house a lot the 1st few days watching rented movies until the urge weakened. At times I even placed pencils in my mouth and puffed on them for awhile. No chit it worked!

I freagin loved smoking..LOVED IT!!

BUT,I LOVE NOT SMOKING EVEN MORE!

I hear ya buddy!

This is my third time to quit...I know what to expect becuase of my 2 previous attempts and knowledge is power going st this the third time around. The last time I attepted it was 7+ yrs ago...

What you have said is soooo TRUE!!!!!!!

But this time I got the scenario in my cross-hairs and I will snuff it BIG TIME!!!

In the field I have always come up with THE SHOT or passed on it when I didn't have one....

I'm ready to DROP [DRT] smoking there in it's tracks!!!

I'm hunting this time with alot of experience and knowledge and I no the LIES smoking will bring into my thoughts!!!

I will not succumb to it any longer nor give it a chance!!!

I SHALL PREVAIL because it's FAILURE is not an option this time!!!

No PENCILS for me brother laugh

It's been McDonald's STRAWS cut in half that I've been chewing on laugh laugh laugh

Thanks for sharing...you speak the TRUTH!!!!!

Ro

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cigar,I supposedly tried a thousand times over the years to quit smoking cigs.I would never make a complete day with out having a couple of cigs,or at least a few drags off of one.I loved cigarettes!LOVED 'EM!!I just decided that what I was doing was,well,insane and enuff's just enuff.I have not touched a cigarette since the morning I put the last one out.You have no idea what a mile stone and miracle that is for me.I'm doing great and feel a heck of a lot better.Hell,I can even smell a good poot now!I only smell my own ,of course...But seriously,I do feel and see a vast improvement all the way around.It's like Ingwe said,it's about wanting to quit.I finally wanted to.Thankyou JESUS!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.