Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I am not far from him also. I am in DE now but there once a month. If you want someone to stop by his place drop me a PM and I can do on 4/09,10 and 11/2010 as I will be there for a bull shoot.

GB1

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the offer of help guys.

More interesting news to share. This guy is an outright liar!!

I looked up my delivery confirmation online and it stated "sorting complete." That did not sound like delivered to me so I just called the Postmaster. She asked what the problem was and I told her who the SOB is and the fact that he hasn't kept up his end of the bargain. She knows him, and said he is usually pretty good about picking up packages. Well, turns out he hasn't picked up mine yet though it has been there since 3/17.

So, who knows about this guy. All I do know is that he flat out told me he had indeed received my stock and had indeed mailed mine out. Neither is true. I just faxed her a "mail recall" notice and she will send my stock back!

Lying Mo' Fo'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, at least you will get your stock back.. He sucks.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
He sucks for sure! I HATE liars and those that give away their integrity. Some people are stupid!

Just spoke to the Postmaster again. Turns out I need my post office to complete a small portion of the form. If he picks-up that package (she releases it to him) before I get that form in (I'm in CO - USPS not open yet.....he's in PA - his USPS is open) I will go off the deep end for sure!

Lying POS! This has got me all burned up again! I mean, WTF, why the hell would he say he had both received my stock and sent his out? Neither is true.

Last edited by remfak; 03/22/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang Man! Hope this works out for you ........

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by remfak
He sucks for sure! I HATE liars and those that give away their integrity. Some people are stupid!

Just spoke to the Postmaster again. Turns out I need my post office to complete a small portion of the form. If he picks-up that package (she releases it to him) before I get that form in (I'm in CO - USPS not open yet.....he's in PA - his USPS is open) I will go off the deep end for sure!

Lying POS! This has got me all burned up again! I mean, WTF, why the hell would he say he had both received my stock and sent his out? Neither is true.
Be there when they open!

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
You could try contacting the US Postal Inspectors to see if there is anything they can do. Last year I had a problem transaction and they resolved it within 48 hours. They're top notch in my book.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear about this, I saw your initial post and was going to trade my SA for your LA, but it looked like a done deal.

Hope your out nothing more than the postage and get your stock back.

I sold both of mine last week, both to members on here. One to CA and another to AK. Priority Mail to CA was less than 10.00 and AK was about 12.00 doing my own labels on-line.

Life is just one damned thing after another
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mail Fraud is serious offense and for what it's worth you should file a complaint with the Post Master. If you want to take it a step further you could also call his local Police/Sheriff's Dept and ask to speak with a Detective and explain the situation. Even if you get your stock back the complaint will be on file to make them aware of his antics and if he does it again in the future to another unsuspecting individual they'll record/history on him. A visit from law enforment usually scares most straight.

Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by GTP350; 03/22/10.
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've been had three times buying stuff on various forum's classifieds. So, I have become very critical of who I deal with.
If there is the slightest hint that the guy I'm dealing with is a crook, I back off. The indication that all might not be well with the guy is his lack of communication. If the guy communicates freely, seems above board, then I make the purchase.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B3

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Went to the USPS today to process the return order. I will confirm tomorrow that my stock is on the way back. The gal on my end called the PM there and confirmed it was pulled aside.

About two hours later I got a message from apexpredator with yet another story. This time he said he got to his office and found two boxes. Both had stocks in them, both he had sent out (supposedly including mine) previously, and both got sent back with incorrect zip codes. Now he claims he got the addresses wrong. The few times I have heard from this guy it's a different story. As long as my stock is on the way back I'm ok I guess. Just need to find another S/A for L/A trade.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
you hate him or Obama more

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OBAMA, NO DOUBT!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think you found yourself a real bs artist! Obviously not a good one cause all his stories are pure bs. At least you didn't lose your stock! Good thinking on your part to call the PO!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tell him you'll send him your stock when he sends you his along with the extra postage you paid to get it back.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
GTP350 is right. You can usually find the name and phone # of any local COP or County Sheriff on the net. Just give them a call and request the history of the person in question. A request for a a visit to the individual in question is seldom denied when it involves firearms. Take care, jerry

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DB Bill
Tell him you'll send him your stock when he sends you his along with the extra postage you paid to get it back.

I was at work when he left his message about the "wrong addresses" and sending the trade stock. He even left me a PM with a tracking number as well. So even if I wanted to tell him to forget it, I couldn't as it was too late. IF the trade stock shows up as promised/described, I will send my trade back to him after he covers postage. I'll be damned if I send it back, again, at my cost after all this BS.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well, if the stock shows up, then yes, you were being premature.

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My guess is that the only reason why the stock appears to be coming my way is the barrage of PM's he received from members here and the fact that the Postmaster I spoke with in his small town knew him. She even knew his address before I said what it was.

Little doubt she called him after speaking with me twice and somebody from my PO letting her know to hold the stock.

Last edited by remfak; 03/22/10.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had a guy who gave me a hot check years ago. I took it to his bank and put it there on collection. Within a half hour he called me wanting to know why I did that. The bitch at the bank had called him to let him know so he wouldn't deposit the funds to cover it! I told him I needed my money just like he needed his. I finally had a deputy sheriff meet me at the house and inform him we were going to file criminal charges. At which point the deputy arrested him for a previous hot check.... he looked at me like I was having him arrested and I said, 'not me, somebody else you screwed'. I did get my money but it took several months. Nothing like those small towns where they cover each other's behinds!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.