Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK

I ride in the back of all three regularly. Your "I bought a Ford, do you like me now?" schtick is pretty pathetic. You sound like a whiney chick. Maybe you are.

I dont need anyones love over a [bleep] truck, you are obviously a touchy [bleep] that dont take to well to being wrong, and obviously cant handle sarcasm! You [bleep] post to me .....the owner of a Tundra Double cab for almost 3 [bleep] years, that I dont know how big the back seat in my turck is, and you call me a whiney chick? Dont know what your problem is dude, but you need help! Maybe your azz is chapped over the fact that I finally admitted that my Tundra was a [bleep] POS, and you happen to own one?????????

GB1

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Going with a Tundra DC.

220 Swift still king.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Swift
Going with a Tundra DC.

I think you made an excellent choice and hope you like it.

I appologize for the off-topic bitching by others that I appearantly started when I suggested a Tundra.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going with a Tundra DC.

Congrats! Did you iron out a deal yet or just made a decision on what your getting?

Dan

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Worse part about it all is, you buy a new truck and drive it off the lot and it automatically drops a couple thousand in value.

You buying a truck or making and investment? Making an investment..... I gotta bridge you can buy wink

Just saying...... You don't buy vehicle (typically- some may be collectors) for their resale value down the road. One of the reason leasing was so good for people who trade every 2-4 or so years (ok for those that don't understand leasing flame on). But seriously, least amount of money invested in a DEPRECIATING asset.

Hemi

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Going with a Tundra DC.

sick Seriously?

J/K Good luck with your purchse.

Hemi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going with a Tundra DC.

Your the one paying for it, so your the only one that needs to like it. Hope you have better luck with yours, than I did with mine. They are all sweet when they are new!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything is sweet when new.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Going with a Tundra DC.
I would not go that route. Ever notice how Toyota truck owners explain why they bought a Toyota?

Get a Chevy or Ford and leave the Toyota for the Pink Izod wearing Golfers to carry there clubs in.

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slg888
Going with a Tundra DC.
I would not go that route. Ever notice how Toyota truck owners explain why they bought a Toyota?

Been driving Toyota trucks for the last 15+ yrs and never explained jack.

220 Swift still king.
IC B3

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Going with a Tundra DC.

Congrats! Did you iron out a deal yet or just made a decision on what your getting?

Dan

Actually picking up my Tundra DC Longbed 4x4 Wed eve.

220 Swift still king.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Going with a Tundra DC.

Dan

There cute trucks, enjoy.

Last edited by slg888; 03/30/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going with a Tundra DC.

Dan

That's great. The back of the Tundra DC had about the same amount of leg room as my old 97 Explorer (if my memory serves). I'm 6' and I wasn't cramped in the back of the DC.

Best of luck with it.

Dan

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Going with a Tundra DC.

Dan

That's great. The back of the Tundra DC had about the same amount of leg room as my old 97 Explorer (if my memory serves). I'm 6' and I wasn't cramped in the back of the DC.

Best of luck with it.

Dan

Thanks Dan!

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hemi
Worse part about it all is, you buy a new truck and drive it off the lot and it automatically drops a couple thousand in value.

You buying a truck or making and investment? Making an investment..... I gotta bridge you can buy wink

Just saying...... You don't buy vehicle (typically- some may be collectors) for their resale value down the road. One of the reason leasing was so good for people who trade every 2-4 or so years (ok for those that don't understand leasing flame on). But seriously, least amount of money invested in a DEPRECIATING asset.

Hemi
Never said a word about investing in anything. So why does the value drop so significantly once it's driven off the lot? They don't call them "stealerships" for nothing. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Hemi

Hemi
Never said a word about investing in anything. So why does the value drop so significantly once it's driven off the lot? They don't call them "stealerships" for nothing. wink

So you mean to tell me you would pay the EXACT same for a brand new truck still on MSO than you would for a identical truck with lets say 500 miles that the warranty started 3 month ago? Really... you would.
OK, let's say you don't (like most normal people) and say it is worth less. Well, now you have just established MARKET VALUE. Read again, you being the consumer have just established market value. If you the consumer is not willing to pay the same for the vehicle as a new one, why is the dealership going to pay you the same as a new one? You are a tool.

Hemi

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hahahaha, I see you took offense to my "stealership" remark. The truth hurts doesn't it? Your a typical [bleep] dealer, no different than say, Cal Worthington.......lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK

I ride in the back of all three regularly. Your "I bought a Ford, do you like me now?" schtick is pretty pathetic. You sound like a whiney chick. Maybe you are.

I dont need anyones love over a [bleep] truck, you are obviously a touchy [bleep] that dont take to well to being wrong, and obviously cant handle sarcasm! You [bleep] post to me .....the owner of a Tundra Double cab for almost 3 [bleep] years, that I dont know how big the back seat in my turck is, and you call me a whiney chick? Dont know what your problem is dude, but you need help! Maybe your azz is chapped over the fact that I finally admitted that my Tundra was a [bleep] POS, and you happen to own one?????????

WWWWAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Swift,

Do we get to see some pics of the new ride? And did you get the 4.7 or 5.7?

Bimmer

Last edited by 2Bimmers; 03/31/10.
Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2Bimmers
Swift,

Do we get to see some pics of the new ride? And did you get the 4.7 or 5.7?

Bimmer

Got the 4.6L. I'll try and get one of the kids to take a pic or two after school and post um.

220 Swift still king.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.